Careercow Rachel Dolezal / Nkechi Amare Diallo - White Person & Liar

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

pr3nt177

jonathan gill yaniv aka jessica serenity simpson
kiwifarms.net
Don't know the benefit/welfare rules in the US so excuse my ignorance.

If she is found guilty would her welfare be stopped indefinitely? Would she have to re-pay what she fraudulently claimed? How hard do the authorities come down on welfare cheats?

Thanks.

break these cuffs

Piping Hot Breadsticks for everyone!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

If she is found guilty would her welfare be stopped indefinitely? Would she have to re-pay what she fraudulently claimed? How hard do the authorities come down on welfare cheats?

Thanks.
The various programs commonly referred to as welfare are federally funded and administered by the state. It is covered by both state and federal law. Penalties can be as little as being temporary disqualified from the program all the way to fines, financial restitution, and prison time depending on the state. Looking up past sentencing in Washington shows people who defrauded for tens of thousands of dollars getting prison, probation, and home detention sentences measured in months, not years. All the articles about her facing 15 years are true, but the reality of sentences handed out in court is that they are usually much, much lower than the maximum.

In Washington State the penalty for a first time offender that does not fall under the "special penalties" the penalty is being disqualified for a period of 12 months in accordance to WAC 388-446-0020:
WAC 388-446-0020 - What penalties will I receive if I break a food assistance rule on purpose? said:
(4) In addition to penalties for crimes described in subsection (3), if you commit an IPV you will not be eligible for food assistance:
(a) For a period of twelve months for any first intentional program violation;
(b) For a period of twenty-four months for any second intentional program violation; and
(c) Permanently for any third intentional program violation.
She is also on the hook for perjury and falsifying records for public assistance. I didn't find penalties listed for perjury in chapter RCW 9A.72. Penalties listed for unlawful obtaining of assistance go up to 15 years if she if convicted of theft in the first degree.
RCW 74.08.331 Unlawful practices—Obtaining assistance—Disposal of realty—Penalties. said:
(1) Any person who by means of a willfully false statement, or representation, or impersonation, or a willful failure to reveal any material fact, condition, or circumstance affecting eligibility or need for assistance, including medical care, surplus commodities, and food stamps or food stamp benefits transferred electronically, as required by law, or a willful failure to promptly notify the county office in writing as required by law or any change in status in respect to resources, or income, or need, or family composition, money contribution and other support, from whatever source derived, including unemployment insurance, or any other change in circumstances affecting the person's eligibility or need for assistance, or other fraudulent device, obtains, or attempts to obtain, or aids or abets any person to obtain any public assistance to which the person is not entitled or greater public assistance than that to which he or she is justly entitled is guilty of theft in the first degree under RCW 9A.56.030 and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in a state correctional facility for not more than fifteen years.
(2) Any person who by means of a willfully false statement or representation or by impersonation or other fraudulent device aids or abets in buying, selling, or in any other way disposing of the real property of a recipient of public assistance without the consent of the secretary is guilty of a gross misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by imprisonment for up to three hundred sixty-four days in the county jail or a fine of not to exceed one thousand dollars or by both.
So they can hammer her ass pretty hard is they want to. It was purposeful and over the course of several years. She even reported some, but not all income which says intent to defraud not just a screw up to me. The amount also nearly doubles the minimum needed to establish theft in the first degree under RCW 9A.56.030.

pr3nt177

kiwifarms.net
The various programs commonly referred to as welfare are federally funded and administered by the state. It is covered by both state and federal law. Penalties can be as little as being temporary disqualified from the program all the way to fines, financial restitution, and prison time depending on the state. Looking up past sentencing in Washington shows people who defrauded for tens of thousands of dollars getting prison, probation, and home detention sentences measured in months, not years. All the articles about her facing 15 years are true, but the reality of sentences handed out in court is that they are usually much, much lower than the maximum.

In Washington State the penalty for a first time offender that does not fall under the "special penalties" the penalty is being disqualified for a period of 12 months in accordance to WAC 388-446-0020:

She is also on the hook for perjury and falsifying records for public assistance. I didn't find penalties listed for perjury in chapter RCW 9A.72. Penalties listed for unlawful obtaining of assistance go up to 15 years if she if convicted of theft in the first degree.

So they can hammer her ass pretty hard is they want to. It was purposeful and over the course of several years. She even reported some, but not all income which says intent to defraud not just a screw up to me. The amount also nearly doubles the minimum needed to establish theft in the first degree under RCW 9A.56.030.

Thanks so much for the info.

I agree with your opinion ' She even reported some, but not all income which says intent to defraud not just a screw up to me.'

Very selective with the truth is Rachel.

Last edited:
O

OB 946

kiwifarms.net

Thanks.

She wouldn't be barred from receiving aid later, but she will have to repay the money with interest. She will also be a convicted felon, which precludes her from a laundry list of things.

pr3nt177

kiwifarms.net
She wouldn't be barred from receiving aid later, but she will have to repay the money with interest. She will also be a convicted felon, which precludes her from a laundry list of things.

Thanks.

The thing that has surprised me the most is that a supposedly intelligent woman had not considered the fact that her accounts could be looked at at any give time.

or is it simply a case of arrogance on her part?

O

OB 946

kiwifarms.net
Thanks.

The thing that has surprised me the most is that a supposedly intelligent woman had not considered the fact that her accounts could be looked at at any give time.

Probably a little of both. I mean, this is the same woman who got away with lying about her race for how many years?

break these cuffs

Piping Hot Breadsticks for everyone!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks.

Probably a little of both. I mean, this is the same woman who got away with lying about her race for how many years?
Someone in the Happenings thread said they watched the documentary on her and said she came off as a scam artist that always needs to be pulling a grift. She seems to have severe mental issues and that could be part of it.

r00

Goin' Grink
kiwifarms.net
Thanks.

I don't think it's strictly arrogance, more just stupidity and a poor grasp of reality. The cocktail of mental illnesses that made her think she was black probably also made her just assume she'd slip through the cracks and get away with it.
Benefits cheats seem to universally be poster children for the Dunning-Kruger effect. They think they are way smarter than they are, despite knowing fuck all about the rules for welfare, or they are just unable to consider the consequences of making false declarations. The funny thing is, these personality flaws tend to make the ones that get caught real blasé about the whole issue. They don't even seem to give a small little fuck until the courts make a judgement.

Apteryx Owenii

I still don't know what sneed means, don't @ me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Benefits cheats seem to universally be poster children for the Dunning-Kruger effect. They think they are way smarter than they are, despite knowing fuck all about the rules for welfare, or they are just unable to consider the consequences of making false declarations. The funny thing is, these personality flaws tend to make the ones that get caught real blasé about the whole issue. They don't even seem to give a small little fuck until the courts make a judgement.

to be fair, we hear about the ones that get caught. If smart ones are out there they have probably managed to not have a thread on kiwifarms...

r00

Goin' Grink
kiwifarms.net
to be fair, we hear about the ones that get caught. If smart ones are out there they have probably managed to not have a thread on kiwifarms...

Actually being savvy and gaming the system is one thing, and it's getting ever harder to do, but straight up making bullshit financial declarations is really easy to find out and you will get likely get caught eventually, especially if you keep doing it. Welfare systems do not often give people the benefit of the doubt. If they ask you to prove your statements and for whatever reason you can't, you are fucked.
Smart people really don't tend to become benefits cheats. They tend to earn their money legitimately.

pr3nt177

kiwifarms.net
Ex-NAACP head, once known as Rachel Dolezal, denies fraud
http://komonews.com/news/local/diallo-formerly-rachel-dolezal-pleads-innocent-to-fraud
'SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — A court hearing was postponed Wednesday for a former NAACP leader in Washington state whose life unraveled after she was exposed as a white woman pretending to be black.

Nkechi Diallo, formerly known as Rachel Dolezal, pleaded not guilty last week through her attorney to charges including welfare fraud, perjury and false verification for public assistance. Her next court date is now set for June 20.'

Apteryx Owenii

I still don't know what sneed means, don't @ me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually being savvy and gaming the system is one thing, and it's getting ever harder to do, but straight up making bullshit financial declarations is really easy to find out and you will get likely get caught eventually, especially if you keep doing it. Welfare systems do not often give people the benefit of the doubt. If they ask you to prove your statements and for whatever reason you can't, you are fucked.

It's almost as if she has a habit of making obviously false statements that will get found out the moment anyone so much as glances at her claims.