Racism on Tumblr - all white people are racist, all men are misogynistic...

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Lackadaisy

ZA FOOL
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 337906
Apparently, the Jews had to be minorities or else history might prove that whites can also be oppressed targets.

...They do realize that you can convert into Judaism, right? That it doesn't matter the color of your skin or your national origin, that even back then a fair amount of ethnic Germans were Jewish due to conversion through the centuries? That an Ashkenazi Jew wouldn't slap your shit in for thinking they're white because most of them consider themselves white?

Xerxes IX

New cat, who this?
kiwifarms.net
...They do realize that you can convert into Judaism, right? That it doesn't matter the color of your skin or your national origin, that even back then a fair amount of ethnic Germans were Jewish due to conversion through the centuries? That an Ashkenazi Jew wouldn't slap your shit in for thinking they're white because most of them consider themselves white?
In the realm of sociology the defenition of "white" has been changed to as "the group that's the evil oppressors". So you can thank postmodernism for that one.

flock of doves

みんな!車満タンだし、スーツケースには爆弾がつめている
kiwifarms.net
i'm glad i started a conversation.

In the realm of sociology the defenition of "white" has been changed to as "the group that's the evil oppressors". So you can thank postmodernism for that one.
white's become the "evil european colonists" label that historians love to tack on to the europeans of the past, even if they had nothing to do with america or colonizing any countries. they also love to conveniently forget the barbary coast slave trade, and the arab slave trades that went on and are certainly still happening right now because oh no! white people were slaves at pne point in considerably worse conditions! we can't have that! sigh.

Sty✖

With the power ... the power of the STYROFOAM
kiwifarms.net
Does this belong here?
IMG_1842.jpg

Nehelenia

What am I reading?
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 337906
Apparently, the Jews had to be minorities or else history might prove that whites can also be oppressed targets.

Yes, Ashkenazi Jews do trace their origins to the Middle East, but (at least by American standards, which is probably the framework most of us use when thinking of race), Middle Easterners (and North Africans) are white.

Also, if kiddos on the Internet really wanted to talk about "power + prejudice," instead of trying to change our lexicon, they could use an already-existing term that's actually used: institutional racism (or sexism, etc.). But, nah, use the definition of racism/sexism proposed in 1970 in an obscure text nobody outside of far-left circles really know about, sure, baby revolutionaries.

tumblrkek

NOOOOOO
kiwifarms.net
Does this belong here?
Reverse is the opposite of what something is. So isn't reverse racism, tolerance? Or something?

Happy to see this thread appear. I don't often see the racism and sexism of these people being addressed. What's funny about them is that their racism/sexism doesn't come from ignorance, but from bigotry or spite, hence the mental gymnastics. Despicable.

flock of doves

みんな!車満タンだし、スーツケースには爆弾がつめている
kiwifarms.net
Happy to see this thread appear. I don't often see the racism and sexism of these people being addressed. What's funny about them is that their racism/sexism doesn't come from ignorance, but from bigotry or spite, hence the mental gymnastics. Despicable.
i'm honestly surprised i hadn't seen a thread on this already. of course, there's the cultural appropriation thread, but that's merely a sect of this whole topic. i'm not going to pat myself on the back for this, but i'm glad to see good reactions coming from this.

SPARKLETWAT

Fat Black Bitch
kiwifarms.net
YkN3sVF.jpg

tl;dr "It's never going to count if white people do it!"
Somebody tries to be reasonable and intersectional, black SJWs get triggered and cry racism.

(Edit: spelling lol)

The losers under the spoiler have me ashamed of my blackness. Y'all want representation? Go out and create shit, or audition for shit and stop crying at the media for not creating the shallow caricatures you want. :drink:

:autism: Gotta love the niggas ignoring Billy in the 2017 Power Rangers movie. Canonically autistic AND black. Wait I give too much credit. They'll get mad because he's a cis black male and prove OP's point more. :autism:

Last edited:

Meowthkip

We had fun, didn't we?
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
YkN3sVF.jpg

Somebody tries to be reasonable and intersectional, black SJWs get triggered and cry racism.

The losers under the spoiler have me ashamed of my blackness. Y'all want representation? Go out and create shit, or audition for shit and stop crying at the media for not creating the shallow caricatures you want. :drink:

:autism: Gotta love the niggas ignoring Billy in the 2017 Power Rangers movie. Canonically autistic AND black. Wait I give too much credit. They'll get mad because he's a cis black male and prove OP's point more. :autism:

The way people on Tumblr treat creators is similar to the way certain parents treat children to give them complexes.

SPARKLETWAT

Fat Black Bitch
kiwifarms.net
The way people on Tumblr treat creators is similar to the way certain parents treat children to give them complexes.

^ This.

The OP of the post wasn't singling out black people at all. They said POC so that's anybody who isn't white but the blacks had to go reeeeeeee about it like somebody called their dead grandma a nigger to their face.

Rational person: "hey let's encourage content creators who make an effort because encouraging their attempts will make them take more steps forward."

SJWs: "STFU white bitch we want perfect representation from the get go but we refuse to educate anybody or make stuff ourselves to accomplish it!"

Here is the irony: They cry cultural appropriation so much that content creators don't want to deal with the backlash, so they stick with what they know and you get a whitewashed show that gets backlash for lack of representation.

SJWs cause their own lack of representation.

Lunete

Dimes for crimes
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
YkN3sVF.jpg

"I'm a black autistic woman..."
There's your problem.
The problem isn't that you are these three things, it's the fact that these three things encompass your entire personality to the point where if you stripped them away you would have nothing left.

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
I love how for all intents and purposes they shit on light-skinned POCs or "white-passing" ones. Or even some that would contradict their ideals, like white latinos (descendants of european colonists and immigrants, not talking about mestizos or amerindians who are different). Like, they're pale and have blue eyes or blond hair, are they white people too? Or not since they often don't live in "white countries" and they actually have "POC"/hispanic names...Tumblr makes themselves a fucking headache with these things.

Oh and Asians, it's basically the same thing as with the Jews. Sometimes they love them and protect them with "uwu representation", but then they shit on them for being rich or generally being ok with things as they are and then very oh-so-casually will blackwash canon anime japanese characters to seem progressive.

Oupalaylay

kiwifarms.net
Black people (and brown people who wish they were actually black) love to scream anti-blackness towards other ethnicities, like eastern Asians or Jewish people, just as an excuse to be racist towards them. Also, the Us-centrism is what kills it for me, I used to be a "liberal", though at this point I don't even know what a liberal means, nobody on Tumblr seems to agree on what it stands for, so fuck it. Who cares about issues like the Rohingya genocide or the gays/trans being arrested and tortured in Egypt? Nah, if you can't put the blame on the bad whitey capitalist pigs, they're just gonna swept it under the rug. Also Muslims are super racist, as someone who went to Tunisia quite a few times, they really do hate black people with a passion.
Slavs also have it bad in Europe, but they're white so they can all die I guess.