Random Thoughts & Questions: MrEnter Edition -

• Fediverse: The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Upgrade: I am expecting that hardware upgrade at about Noon EST. I am doing preperative work before that. This may result in site issues.

ZSponge

It's All Ogre Now
kiwifarms.net
@Clay Claymore: Are we still going to complain about 4kids and CN Real? In 2015? 4kids is no longer in business and CN Real was a big fat bomb. Nobody cares about them anymore. And let's be honest, Dora the Explorer is made for one demographic and one demographic only. They like it, so why should we care?
I actually thought Enter was going to praise 4Kids for toning down cartoons that made him feel unconformable and talk about how great Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! are.

Last edited:

ZSponge

It's All Ogre Now
kiwifarms.net
There is one more thing that is wrong with his retrospective. It only talks about networks and movies that he knows about aside from the movies that he hasn't seen but recommended. Everything outside of the US is ignored (Except for stuff he knows about).

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
Like, what's on the list? I'm not going to patronize his tumblr.
The 2000′s had a LOT of bad shows. I’ll put asterisks next to the REALLY bad ones.

2000: Dora the Explorer

2001: The Ripping Friends*; Butt Ugly Martians*; Totally Spies; Lloyd in Space

2002: Cramp Twins*; Teamo Supremo; Yakkity Yak. Also, flash cartoons.

2003: Adult Party Cartoon*; Stripperella*; Gary the Rat*; G3 MLP*

2004: Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi; Brandy & Mr. Whiskers; Da Boom Crew*; Drawn Together; One Piece (4 Kids Dub)*

2005: 12 Oz Mouse; Coconut Fred’s Fruit Salad Island*; Johnny Test; Go Deigo Go*; Loonatics Unleashed*; The Buzz on Maggie

2006: Kappy Mikey*; Shorty McShorts’ Shorts; Shaggy & Scooby Doo Get a Clue*; Squirrel Boy*

2007: Wayside; Flapjack; Back at the Barnyard; Tak and the Power of Juju; The Land Before Time Cartoon; Out of Jimmy’s Head (if you want to count it as animation)

2008: Ben 10 Omniverse; The Mighty B; Rugrats Pre-School Daze*; Cars short films

2009: Pixel Pinkie*; Glenn Martin; Fanboy and Chum Chum*; The Cleveland Show; Sit Down, Shut Up. Also, Cartoon Network doesn’t release a single new cartoon this year and instead releases seven live-action series.

By contrast, the 2010′s bad cartoons are:

2010: My Life Me*; Planet Sheen*

2011: Jake and the Neverland Pirates; Secret Mountain Fort Awesome*; Problem Solverz*

2012: Brickleberry*; Napoleon Dynamite

2013: Teen Titans Go!*; Sanjay and Craig

2014: Breadwinners*; Mr. Pickles*

2015:Nothing yet

Obviously this decade isn’t immune from crap, but there’s a lot less of it here. And to be honest, it’s a more interesting type of bad. A lot of the bad 2000′s shows were just soulless rehashes of much better shows. Also the level of good stuff now is much higher than it’s been for quite some time.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
@Someone: Why does he feel the need to list preschool cartoons on there?

Also, Flapjack premiered in 2008. Ben 10 Omniverse was not a thing in 2008. That's actually the least stupid thing about this list, though.

Now I want to see him list "Bad shows of the 90s." Clearly it'll be as unbiased as this one was.

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
@Someone: Why does he feel the need to list preschool cartoons on there?

Also, Flapjack premiered in 2008. Ben 10 Omniverse was not a thing in 2008. That's actually the least stupid thing about this list, though.

Now I want to see him list "Bad shows of the 90s." Clearly it'll be as unbiased as this one was.
They "insult the target's audience intelligence"
Did you expect Enter to do any research?
Of course he will!

Reactions: CMora

Weeb Dweeb

My memes are ever so dank
kiwifarms.net
Well, I'm not ruling out the possibility that Enter suffered genuine abuse, but, to my knowledge, he's never elaborated on any of it, other than saying his mom was overbearing like Lois on Malcolm in the Middle. He claims mean-spiritedness in cartoons upsets him because he was abused, but he really just seems to get upset when something bad happens to a character he likes. I'm not saying it's impossible he was abused, and if he was, I really do feel bad for him, but the stuff he says doesn't really add up. It's sort of like the Tumblrina's who cry abuse when their parents won't respect their made-up pronouns or something. What Enter defines as abuse is very different from actual abuse.
Cause it's not like tons of children get sexually assulted, exposed to drugs, beaten, etc. by their parents. I'm not gonna underestimate his abuse since it comes in many different forms but his definition seems less like abuse and more like boundaries set for him to become a better being instead of raging over kids cartoons 24/7.

ZSponge

It's All Ogre Now
kiwifarms.net
Here are the things I think are stupid about that list.

Some things like 12oz Mouse are just stuff he personally doesn't like and aren't bad or that bad.
Some of the dates of the shows are wrong.
In the year 2002 he doesn't specify any flash cartoons aside from Cramp Twins, Teamo Supremo, and Yakkity Yak so it is weird when he writes "Also, flash cartoons"
The whole 2010's feels not researched (maybe if he listed the ones he thought were good maybe there would be more content).
He is attacking shows aimed at preschoolers.
Dora is the only show listed at the year 2000 there has to be other bad cartoons released this year, but I can't think of any.
The list only has shows created in America and Canada (Not much Canadian stuff though).

Butt Ugly Martians, Cramp Twins, Adult Party Cartoon, G3 MLP, Da Boom Crew, Coconut Fred’s Fruit Salad Island, Loonatics Unleashed, Shorty McShorts’ Shorts, Shaggy & Scooby Doo Get a Clue, Squirrel Boy, Back at the Barnyard, Tak and the Power of Juju, Rugrats Pre-School Daze, Fanboy and Chum Chum, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Problem Solverz, Sanjay and Craig, Teen Titians Go!, and Breadwinners are crap and belong in the list.

If my history teacher from high school were to make a list like this, he would list every single cartoon made in 2000's as bad including SpongeBob (both modern and old). This list could actually be a lot worse.

Last edited:

ZSponge

It's All Ogre Now
kiwifarms.net
@Jumpin Jenkins: A lot of people can't distinguish between "not my cup of tea" and "this sucks and I don't know why anyone likes it."
There is also "This sucks and I know everyone else doesn't like it and I don't like it either." I don't think Enter can distinguish between that and the other two things you said either.
Examples: Butt-Ugly Martians (I hated this show as a kid and still hate it), Wacky World of Tex Avery (A cartoon that is a disgrace to Tex Avery), and Mega Babies (I've never seen it or remember it, but I can tell it is really shitty despite Enter overreacting to it)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aobozu and CMora

Clay Claymore

kiwifarms.net
http://mrenter.tumblr.com/post/117657899389/hmm-2010-2014-is-better-than-2000s-what-about#notes
Most of the cartoons on that list are only here because Enter didn't like them, not because they were really bad on their own, like, cheap productions values, etc
Jake and the Neverland Pirates? Okay, I barely know anything about that show other than 1) It's on the Disney Junior block of the Disney Channel, which means 2) it's geared towards preschoolers.

I agree that some effort should be put into a preschooler show, but the only reason why anybody should put Jake and the Neverland Pirates on a "Worst Cartoons" list is if the show itself is truly teaching kids something really offensive (i.e. black people are evil, gays should be lynched, etc).

Seriously, what is it with spergs and having to hate preschooler shows? First, Dora, then Go Diego Go, and now Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

ZSponge

It's All Ogre Now
kiwifarms.net
  • Informative
Reactions: Simplicity111

Ho Mo for Women

Sandrat Fictionkin
kiwifarms.net
Jake and the Neverland Pirates? Okay, I barely know anything about that show other than 1) It's on the Disney Junior block of the Disney Channel, which means 2) it's geared towards preschoolers.

I agree that some effort should be put into a preschooler show, but the only reason why anybody should put Jake and the Neverland Pirates on a "Worst Cartoons" list is if the show itself is truly teaching kids something really offensive (i.e. black people are evil, gays should be lynched, etc).

Seriously, what is it with spergs and having to hate preschooler shows? First, Dora, then Go Diego Go, and now Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
Part of the problem with Enter is that he doesn't understand that not everything is going to appeal to him, and that something not appealing to him does not make it objectively bad. He watches some shows that appeal to both kids and adults, like Gravity Falls, so he expects all shows to do the same, hence why he bitches about shows for preschoolers. And when he complains about shows like Breadwinners or Sanjay and Craig, he's only taking into account what he, an adult (for lack of a better word), does and does not like. Yeah, those shows seem stupid to us as adults, but we would've loved them if they were on when we were kids. Enter is just too narrow-minded (and too autistic) to put himself in someone else's shoes and consider their opinions.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino