Random Tumblr posts -

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ok so a few months ago, or maybe even late last year (I don't remember) a mutual of mine posted a shitpost. I think at the most it got was 200 or so notes initially and then it faded into obscurity. It was simply "women be like: * women noises *, sort of making fun of both the "women be shopping" meme and the "noises with asterisks" meme.

Then about two-ish months ago, some tumblrina (probably) radical feminist lesbian whose main objective is to screech at everything because she's mad that she secretly wants to get dicked down and can't because she's ugly, somehow found this obscure shitpost and went apeshit.

View attachment 751678

The above is a gif of someone inside a car busting through the window to flip someone off. Official Fist responded in tow, and then Phantomporg84 (fuck porgs) was so mad that she reblogged her initially short response with an essay.

View attachment 751685

'Phantom' insists on calling Official Fist an incel. Official Fist occasionally responds to her sperging with stuff like "See what I mean? women noises" and many other people respond similarly. Phatom pops several blood vessels in the notes, especially when people engage with her (even females, who of course have internalized muhsoggyknees). It is very evident she needs to get laid. Accusing everyone else of being spastic psychos when she's the one who shat herself over a shitpost.

View attachment 751691
View attachment 751692
She also threatens to harm or kill people, then gets mad when others do the same.

Shit like this went on for two or three days tops, then died down.

Well today Phantom decided they didn't get enough after all, and started shit up again, with another tumblrina.

View attachment 751693
View attachment 751694

She also responded with a screenshot of Official Fist responding to her at one time.

View attachment 751695

Since the first women noises shitpost I've seen Phantom pop of on fedora atheist post, "gotcha cuckservative" posts, "muh kill all pro-life people" post, etc.

She should unironically go lay in the middle of an interstate.
How does she even leave her parents' basement if she goes this ballistic over something that's nothing more than a meaningless shitpost?

Tame Sake

Pure salt and sisu
kiwifarms.net
OP clearly isn't a fucking creator. There's two types.

Type A: Names their character something completely fucking random like Jamie or Fred because it was the first thing that popped in their head.

Type B: Spends like 48 hours looking up names based on feature descriptions of said character to give them the perfect name.

Apparently every character in Type B is trans now. Go figure. Which, if I'm correct, most creators are in this Type.

BeepMareep

Mildy perturbed
kiwifarms.net
OP clearly isn't a fucking creator. There's two types.

Type A: Names their character something completely fucking random like Jamie or Fred because it was the first thing that popped in their head.

Type B: Spends like 48 hours looking up names based on feature descriptions of said character to give them the perfect name.

Apparently every character in Type B is trans now. Go figure. Which, if I'm correct, most creators are in this Type.
Apparently that would mean every My Little Pony character is trans too, because that's how Hasbro named the toys. Yeah no.

I checked that person's Tumblr and good lord it's chock full of pretentious Tumblr SJW crap to get clout.

ISOPODEYES

14 beers at chili's 2: return of jafar
kiwifarms.net
Apparently that would mean every My Little Pony character is trans too, because that's how Hasbro named the toys. Yeah no.

I checked that person's Tumblr and good lord it's chock full of pretentious Tumblr SJW crap to get clout.
Post it, fam. We want to see too.

And some of us can't even get onto Tumblr in specific areas.

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 754539

I'm really hating this trend of "fanfics turning into books", it's just lazy.
I actually don't mind people turning fanfiction into books....HOWEVER, the main problem many of these defenders don't understand is two things.

1. Fanficition usually has some taboo subject or is highly NSFW or 2. Fanfiction has not usually been properly edited so you get errors up the ying yang. If you avoid these two things that's fine, but then you have the issue of taking an established work, changing the names and calling it your own. Last time I checked that was pretty frowned upon. It's one thing to have your own original LGBT story. I'm in full support of that. I'm also supportive of taking inspiration from stuff you like. We don't live in a vacuum after all. But I think it really kills part of the originality you could've had with your own story.

Fanfactions, even the ones that are edited are sometimes filled with common errors, and even then many times, fanfiction that isn't an AU is just shipping fodder. Some books have this mind you, but it's comparably small to the amount of horrible fanfiction out there. For every decent fanfic you have to go through 100's of shipping fodder, grammar/spelling errors, and crazy NSFW. If someone moves past this and makes a decent book, fine. But many times, it's not really the case, sadly.

Marco Fucko

Freak a flow and flow fancy free.
kiwifarms.net
I actually don't mind people turning fanfiction into books....HOWEVER, the main problem many of these defenders don't understand is two things.

1. Fanficition usually has some taboo subject or is highly NSFW or 2. Fanfiction has not usually been properly edited so you get errors up the ying yang. If you avoid these two things that's fine, but then you have the issue of taking an established work, changing the names and calling it your own. Last time I checked that was pretty frowned upon. It's one thing to have your own original LGBT story. I'm in full support of that. I'm also supportive of taking inspiration from stuff you like. We don't live in a vacuum after all. But I think it really kills part of the originality you could've had with your own story.

Fanfactions, even the ones that are edited are sometimes filled with common errors, and even then many times, fanfiction that isn't an AU is just shipping fodder. Some books have this mind you, but it's comparably small to the amount of horrible fanfiction out there. For every decent fanfic you have to go through 100's of shipping fodder, grammar/spelling errors, and crazy NSFW. If someone moves past this and makes a decent book, fine. But many times, it's not really the case, sadly.
I'm gonna respectfully disagree and say that only inspiration is appropriate. There's actually a published line of books called Shadowhunters that started off as a Harry Potter fanfic and it's godawful. I think one key element to the failure of published fanfiction, other than it being an entryist field full of younger teens, is that FF relies on the reader being familiar with and liking the series the FF is based on. It essentially becomes its own world within the world, open to the type of people who not only like the original but are also open to character shipping, potential out of character exploration, alternative settings, etc etc.

The problem with that is that it discludes the general population. I certainly don't care about an alternate story where Luke and Leia hook up and I love pre-Disney Star Wars.

This brings us to the name switching. One would think it would be so simple to change the name of a Harry Potter or a Leia Organa or a whatever acting differently, but because those names get changed it removes the context of the character in the first place to that general reading population. Why is this character acting like that? Oh well they're a dependable farm hand, or a stand-up politician, even though in this world they're a teacher or a courtesan or something else. How the hell does this power work, in detail? Et cetera.

Essentially published fanfiction is a work of half-context in addition to any problems the writer themselves have with things like worldbuilding, characterization, quality of prose and handling of subject matter.

Mutie

kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna respectfully disagree and say that only inspiration is appropriate. There's actually a published line of books called Shadowhunters that started off as a Harry Potter fanfic and it's godawful. I think one key element to the failure of published fanfiction, other than it being an entryist field full of younger teens, is that FF relies on the reader being familiar with and liking the series the FF is based on. It essentially becomes its own world within the world, open to the type of people who not only like the original but are also open to character shipping, potential out of character exploration, alternative settings, etc etc.

The problem with that is that it discludes the general population. I certainly don't care about an alternate story where Luke and Leia hook up and I love pre-Disney Star Wars.

This brings us to the name switching. One would think it would be so simple to change the name of a Harry Potter or a Leia Organa or a whatever acting differently, but because those names get changed it removes the context of the character in the first place to that general reading population. Why is this character acting like that? Oh well they're a dependable farm hand, or a stand-up politician, even though in this world they're a teacher or a courtesan or something else. How the hell does this power work, in detail? Et cetera.

Essentially published fanfiction is a work of half-context in addition to any problems the writer themselves have with things like worldbuilding, characterization, quality of prose and handling of subject matter.
Shadowhunters didn't start off as a fanfiction, Clare is just a former fanfiction author. She did recycle some passages from her previous work into Shadowhunters and the series has certainly been accused of being derivative of Harry Potter many times, but as far as anybody knows it was original fiction since the very beginning.

His Majesty's Dragon supposedly started life as an Aubrey-Maturin AU fic and that's pretty good. I think the fanfic to origfic transition mostly only works with AU stuff (as most published fanfics have been)--those are already usually pretty far removed from canon to begin with.

Meowthkip

LOL U HAVE SMOL PEN0R
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Fat Pikachu

Is your privilege running? You better go check it!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 754539

I'm really hating this trend of "fanfics turning into books", it's just lazy.
It's like a fucking punchline every time some dude writes about "my fanfiction is TOTALLY getting published guize!" and then fails to drop a projected publication date, the publisher, the title of the book, ISBN, anything. Like yeah I totally believe you're getting published and didn't just send HarperCollins a manuscript full of errors and called it a day.

Tags
die null

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino