• You come here to feel good about yourself.

Random Tumblr posts

Discussion in 'Tumblr (◡‿◡✿)' started by x.eight.six.systems, Feb 21, 2015.

Forum Guidelines

This board is for lolcows whose primary modus operandi is Tumblr, especially those who adhere to severe delusions that defy logic, reason, and science for the purpose of protecting their personal feelings.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum. Your life story is shit and nobody cares.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Don't white knight. Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately.
  • Backup everything! Tumblr is a great shelter for Lolcows because it enables them to delete content and hide very quickly. Deny that ability.
  • Check your privilege every day.
  1. Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 1.44.42 PM.png
    Somebody out here just fucking eating their nails.

• Horrifying Horrifying x 3
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    Dismaying Tree

Dismaying Tree time for a little robot chauvinism!

kiwifarms.net
  2. upload_2017-10-12_18-46-15.png
    > Jewish characters
    > Spock??????????

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kidsquid

kidsquid pretty good, it doesn't seem

kiwifarms.net
  3. Actually, Nimoy did draw on his Jewish heritage for the Vulcan salute. There's a longer version somewhere where he explains it, but the basic story is here.

Re: the post:
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
    swingbatta

swingbatta aaaaaaaaaa

kiwifarms.net
  4. Maybe it's because I'm not jewish, but I don't get the connection. I know Jews don't believe in Hell but i'm still ??? how is it offensive?

friedshrimp

friedshrimp 70s do

kiwifarms.net
  5. That photo's taken out of context.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Meowthkip

Meowthkip I MAKE MONEY OFF OF THE LASAGNA I EAT!
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. It's amazing how they seem to ignore the autistics that really got screwed (the low-functioning ones) or down play it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

Yaoi Huntress Earth My avatar is problematic.

kiwifarms.net
  7. I had to look up the post for myself, because I was just as confused, and apparently it's a popular anti-Semitic stereotype to believe that Jews have horns. So popular that loads of people didn't have a clue.

I did enjoy OP's addition that Jews are thought to have horns due to a mistranslation

What I did know is that it used to be thought that Moses had horns when he came down from the mountain with the commandments, because of mistranslating. See this. I was under the impression that it was some kind of "this is how we have decided to show that he is holy", rather than "Moses is the devil, we hate Moses".

Also I had no idea that had expanded to include "all Jews", but probably it's because I didn't grow up in America in the Bible belt--

horn-rage.PNG
    Ah shit, guess that means I don't have any excuse. How dare I not being aware of all the racist stereotypes that happen ever. If only I'd been more anti-Semetic I would know these things.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Synthesizer Patel

Synthesizer Patel Crime's so bloody bad these days

kiwifarms.net
  8. it's like they want people to be more racist, hehe.

also, i sorta like how they insinuate that gentiles are evil privileged white people, and not like, curious catholic hispanics or blacks or muslims that just happen to be curious about a religion they're not a part of (and maybe they had a more tolerant religious upbringing)?

• Agree Agree x 5
    friedshrimp

friedshrimp 70s do

kiwifarms.net
  9. The game hasn't even completed one week and the fanbase is already becoming cancer (:_( The character is a freaking dice, man. Just let people portray him as they want

Attached Files:

• Feels Feels x 2
    Thirsty Weeaboo

Thirsty Weeaboo Mind break

kiwifarms.net
  10. NO NEVER THEY'RE NOT ALLOWED!

• Informative Informative x 1
    Meowthkip

kiwifarms.net
  11. I'm shocked they're even considering nail-biting a "valid uwu" stim. In any other situation you'd be considered a disgusting little goblin.

Sylvie Paula Paula

Sylvie Paula Paula Local shrimpdick

kiwifarms.net
  12. If you judge other people's stims, you're a bad person.

• Feels Feels x 3
    Meowthkip

kiwifarms.net
  13. Yeah he should obviously be portrayed as a transgender genderfluid womyn with pink hair and self-harm scars and thunder thighs.
    Does this person draw? I would love to see their interpretation.

kiwifarms.net
  14. I think this is accusing allies of virtue signaling without using the phrase virtue signaling, which is a dirty alt-right word.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Feline Darkmage

Feline Darkmage Kiwi's Lil Monster

kiwifarms.net
  15. IdaRita

IdaRita draw problematic pretty ppl

kiwifarms.net
  16. Ok, I've been lurking for a really long time and finally decided to put this out into the world. For some context: 'icon theft' is a thing in the tumblr roleplay community where one person steals another's avatars. People rarely get away with it and even if they do it's not usually for long. People have made posts about it before about how it's so bad but holy shit. This chick just blew all them out the water by equating icon theft to rape. (This all happened about a year ago, I think.)

---.png

For some reason back in the day I was an idiot and didn't manage to cap it and I can't go back to do it properly since it's been thoroughly deleted, hopefully you can all get the jist of it though.

I do have this interesting anonymous ask + answer where she actually defends herself.

2.png

tl;dr: icon theft is a gateway to rape. Go figure.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Feels Feels x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Icon theft was the norm on livejournal.

tfw Tumblr makes livejournal users seem well balanced and rational.

• Like Like x 1
    neverendingmidi

neverendingmidi it just goes on and on and on and on...

kiwifarms.net
  18. So the alternative is make him black and be unintentionally racist?

OK then.

Steamboat_Bill

Steamboat_Bill Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee

kiwifarms.net
  19. I have PTSD and have gone to therapy for years because someone took my icon on LiveJournal.

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Piga Dgrifm

Piga Dgrifm Hotsy Totsy Nazi Kill Count: 10 Trillion
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. Don’t most people make their icons by stealing art from artists (often Japanese artists) without credit, then crop and butcher them with tons of filters and overlays? If they’re one of them then they have no room to complain about “icon theft.”

• Agree Agree x 8
    kiwifarms.net