Disaster Rashida Tlaib slammed by House GOP over statement that Holocaust gives her 'kind of a calming feeling' - Diversity hire puts foot in mouth once again

pwnest injun

Management of Savagery
kiwifarms.net
If you read the quote, she's talking about how remembering the Holocaust tempers her anger over the mistreatment of Palestinians, and how she is glad that the Jewish people could have a safe haven in Israel, but wishes it wasn't provided at the expense of human dignity. It's not like she's having a chuckle at the holohoax or whatever.

Bush did USS Maine

Coal fires don't sink steel hulls
kiwifarms.net
This is yet another example of outrage culture being prioritized over reading more than two words to gain any sort of context or nuance. Just from reading the paragraph, she is pretty clearly stating that it's calming that her ancestors' rights in Palestine were lost in the name of protecting an oppressed group that had just undergone an attempt at ethnic cleansing. She's calmed that even though her ancestors lost their rights, they did it for a good reason.

Is it inarticulately worded? Yeah, sure.

Is it a dumb take? Probably!

Is she a dumb leftist who should get booted out of office next election cycle? Certainly.

But this is as stupid as the section of the Mueller report stating Trump said "I'm fucked" after hearing of the appointing of Mueller as special counsel. Literally in that exact paragraph there's a line quoting him expanding on his reasoning. Turns out he thought it would prevent him from getting anything done in his presidency. Turns out he thought the special counsel was going to be constantly held over his head for years. But people are too stupid to read that far. They read the highlighted portion in their stupid meme image, got what they wanted, and were so intellectually incurious they can't even bother to read another couple sentences past it.

This complete lack of ability to read, to interpret contextual clues, or to have any sort of capability at all to intellectually understand another's viewpoint is the biggest problem in America and western culture today. Social media, especially Twitter, is only exacerbating it. Outrage culture and the anti-intellectualism it leads to is why I'm long-term pessimistic about the world today.

Last edited:

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
In this climate of having to delicately phrase every single thing you say as a public figure (which the Dems and their constituents have gone out of their way to foster) what Tlaib did was impressively stupid. With context, it's certainly better but since when does context matter anymore? How many times have we seen lynchmobs formed over out-of-context stuff, usually aimed directly at enemies of or nuisances for the Dems and the American left?

Live by the sword of exceptionalism and die by the sword of exceptionalism. Maybe this will prompt a call back to sanity, but I seriously fucking doubt it.

JosephTX

Texas Penal Code Section 9.42(b) Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Israel isn't anywhere as close of a US ally as people make them out to be. They leased a port to China, we were opposed to their invasion of the Sinai, and they haven't given us any support with the War in Afghanistan or Iraq (even fucking Albania has sent thousands of troops to Afghanistan and Tonga of all countries sent to some troops to help with the Iraq war). Being rude to them shouldn't be some egregious offense.
The reason they don't send troops to support us in Iraq and Afghanistan is because the second they get there then every body and their grannies will pick up guns and start shooting at us because the Jews are now in their land.

Why do you think Saddam started bombing Israel during the Kuwait war? It wasn't for shits and giggles he knew if he could bait the Israelis into joining the war then the coalition would immedately collapse since the Arabs can't be on the same side as the jews

As for the Sinai, that was the US trying to set themselves up as the Arab World's best friend (up until the 60s Israel was France's greatest ally), we completely destroyed the Franco-Anglo-Jew alliance by threatening to destroy their economies but the Soviet Union cucked us by openly threatening to bomb London and France over the Sinai

Last edited:

Screaming Bird

Let me sing you the song of my people
kiwifarms.net
People be reading the retardedly inflammatory headline without reading the actual shit she said. She's calmed by the idea of Palestine giving the Joos a home post-'caust, you morons. She's obviously fucking exceptional but it's stupid and disingenuous to twist her words out of context to jack off to your outrage.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If you read the quote, she's talking about how remembering the Holocaust tempers her anger over the mistreatment of Palestinians, and how she is glad that the Jewish people could have a safe haven in Israel, but wishes it wasn't provided at the expense of human dignity. It's not like she's having a chuckle at the holohoax or whatever.
It is like she had a fucking stroke when she was trying to decide what to say, though.

Anonymous For This

Flying pierogis at vienna.
kiwifarms.net
Israel isn't anywhere as close of a US ally as people make them out to be. They leased a port to China, we were opposed to their invasion of the Sinai, and they haven't given us any support with the War in Afghanistan or Iraq (even fucking Albania has sent thousands of troops to Afghanistan and Tonga of all countries sent to some troops to help with the Iraq war). Being rude to them shouldn't be some egregious offense.
We spent a lot of trouble hunting down Scuds in Iraq during the Gulf War to keep Israel out of it. Inviting Israeli troops over to fight with you in the Middle East essentially welcomes all of the shitty tribes and factions that fight each other to just band together to get their Jew killing on.

I'm not about ready to say we should fight their wars for them, but if the Israelis woke up one day and lost their patience and started going ham in the Middle East, I wouldn't be upset over it.

Ron /pol/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intolerance_(film)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The reason they don't send troops to support us in Iraq and Afghanistan is because the second they get there then every body and their grannies will pick up guns and start shooting at us because the Jews are now in their land.

Why do you think Saddam started bombing Israel during the Kuwait war? It wasn't for shits and giggles he knew if he could bait the Israelis into joining the war then the coalition would immedately collapse since the Arabs can't be on the same side as the jews

As for the Sinai, that was the US trying to set themselves up as the Arab World's best friend (up until the 60s Israel was France's greatest ally), we completely destroyed the Franco-Anglo-Jew alliance by threatening to destroy their economies but the Soviet Union cucked us by openly threatening to bomb London and France over the Sinai
We spent a lot of trouble hunting down Scuds in Iraq during the Gulf War to keep Israel out of it. Inviting Israeli troops over to fight with you in the Middle East essentially welcomes all of the shitty tribes and factions that fight each other to just band together to get their Jew killing on.

I'm not about ready to say we should fight their wars for them, but if the Israelis woke up one day and lost their patience and started going ham in the Middle East, I wouldn't be upset over it.
Good points, but you do have to admit they're far from our closest allies.

Bush did USS Maine

Coal fires don't sink steel hulls
kiwifarms.net
In this climate of having to delicately phrase every single thing you say as a public figure (which the Dems and their constituents have gone out of their way to foster) what Tlaib did was impressively stupid. With context, it's certainly better but since when does context matter anymore? How many times have we seen lynchmobs formed over out-of-context stuff, usually aimed directly at enemies of or nuisances for the Dems and the American left?

Live by the sword of exceptionalism and die by the sword of exceptionalism. Maybe this will prompt a call back to sanity, but I seriously fucking doubt it.
Outrage mobbing and the seeming general decline of reading/writing/critical thinking abilities are my personal triggers. So this isn't aimed at you personally, but I'm using your quote as a jumping off point.

I see this kind of argument a lot. I get it, it's pretty satisfying to use your enemies tactics against them. And yeah, tit-for-tat has been empirically proven to be an extremely effective strategy to force cooperation and curb behavior that harms you. At least in fair environments. But I don't know that we live in a fair environment. The media would appear, at least to me but I'm sure many here feel the same way, aligned with the left's outrage brigades and not the right's. So if you want to go on the attack, your plan of attack should probably stand up to quite a lot of fact checking. This bullshit twisting of words, or use of out of context quotes, discredits any sort of pushback you try.

Personally, I think if you want to end the culture of outrage mobbing, you should hit them hard legally where feasible. I believe cases such as Covington Catholic kid's or Vic Mignogna's defamation suits will do a lot more damage to these bullshit witch hunts than a bunch of feigned pearl clutching ever could, by establishing precedents of financial harm for those constantly trying to get Wrong Thinkers fired and ostracized. If you have to light up the torches and bring out the pitchforks though, at least make sure the facts are on your side.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino