• ”my therapist isn't going to like that "the website where i make fun of autistic transgender people" is in my life again.”

Infected RationalWikiWhiny hugbox for spergs and a clusterfuck of neverending drama on a rapidly declining website.

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by chimpburgers, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Inspired by the Ryulong thread that we have here and going over there recently to read one of the articles that they have, I think it's about time that a separate thread to cover some of the other stupidity that goes on that website is needed.

Originally, RationalWiki was a website created to mock Conservapedia but gradually overtime, it morphed into something else entirely and became a hotspot for some really cringeworthy SJW sperging and pompous assholes with a severe case of the Dunning-Kruger effect. While their articles debunking conspiracy theories may not have so much of this bullshit prevalent in there, virtually almost anything else on that site these days is plagued with the kind of shit that I'm talking about.

A good primer on the other kinds of shit that they've pulled can be found by reading this article on ED.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/RationalWiki

Per the request of several posters in the thread, I have decided to update the OP and add more information about how and why the website has gone downhill and who all the major players are on the site.

@The Kebab and Calculator wrote this excellent take on what's wrong with the website and why it's always in such deep shit.

The place was a clusterfuck from day 1. Now, it is just a clusterfuck of a different type. Just replace Conservapedia with whatever the latest SJW obsession is.

A huge contributing factor to that mess is a complete lack of guidelines/rules/framework. A site of that nature cannot thrive when there are virtually no controls on what the member base can and cannot get away with. There absolutely have to be guidelines and those need to be enforced consistently . The whole mobocracy thing is a cop out and a crock of shit. This is why mega wikispergs like Ryulong thrived there (as his buddyloids still do), truly ridiculous individuals like Castaigne find it to be a comfortable home, and yes, we have Mona.

The whole "we love socks" thing is especially stupid and a recipe for mayhem. You can't even get away with that here at Kiwi-land, as Boris the Arisboch quickly found out.

Gerard is an awful figurehead. He protects those who toe his line, as he did with Ryulong for so long, and insidiously undermines those who do not. Ryulong is though just such a self-destructive fool that even Gerard's white-knighting was not enough in the end. A good opposite example is Carpetsmoker who Gerard attempted to publicly shame for doing nothing more than attempt to rescue the site.

It's all a shame really as totally against the odds, there is actually some very good content there. I hope that when the site finally implodes for good, that content is moved on.

Cast of characters in the ongoing RationalWiki drama:

The major players besides Ryulong would have to include such names like the anti-Semitic editor Mona Holland, Kitsunelaine / Adam Morland and their godawful art (which @Adamska has kept up with quite well), our very own @WhoopieDoo (who has served as the voice of reason over there and has become a very valuable member here too), Castaigne (more affectionately known here as Cuckstaigne), @FuzzyCuck (FuzzyCatPotato) and the head honcho and batshit loon himself David Gerard, who runs RationalWiki like a tightfisted dictatorship and has become the website's equivalent of Andrew Schafly. GethN7 on WikiInAction and KotakuInAction has also been there as a source of reason in a lot of this drama as well. There's also other strange loons who have posted on that website. They made the infamous rat king and SJWiki creator Laurelai Bailey a sysop at one point.

Gamergate:

RationalWiki and a lot of its editors are notoriously anti-Gamergate to the point where their own articles on the subject are literally like its own farce to talk about. Look at their cringeworthy Timeline of Gamergate and the edit history in that article. Ryulong has been all over it and even other anti-GG sites have ridiculed them for the shit that they've pulled there.

Other bizarre happenings:

One of the strangest occurrences was pedo TGComix making an account on RationalWiki and the following drama over how long it took him to get banned from the website as people were trying to tell FuzzyCatPotato about who he was. Geth once again was the voice of reason in that whole debacle.

RationalWiki has also had other idiots like Atlantid edit some of their pages. He was an a-log of far right troll Mikemikev and even came in this thread to trollshield and sperg about dumb shit.

• Like Like x 21
    • Informative Informative x 12
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 2
    #1 chimpburgers, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    chimpburgers

chimpburgers Big league
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  2. If you're trying to use a wiki to be "satirical," consider that you might not have absolutely any idea of what you're doing.

It is funny how it was originally made to mock Conservapedia when now it might as well be rebranded Liberapedia without any shame.

• Agree Agree x 32
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Sanae Kochiya

Sanae Kochiya afk Shrine Maiden
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Man, I was a huge fan in their early days.... wish it had never come to this but it was inevitable. When people like Lara Spenzak from Stop Avatar Movie run the whole thing though, I guess it's inevitable.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Alex Krycek

Alex Krycek A Man of Wisdom and such as

kiwifarms.net
  4. I'd say that the people outside of the RationalWiki community who seriously link to its articles to make a point are funnier than the site and community itself. Some people will just flock to anything that has the word "rational" in it.

• Agree Agree x 25
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Hat

Hat Transwomyn of Color
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. I'm an atheist myself, but one thing RW does that really annoys me is that it goes on and on about how religion obscures accurate understanding of science and history and blah blah blah... but it also endorses (or at least, some users do) the "Christ Myth Theory," that Jesus either never existed at all or that he was just some random guy his alleged disciples essentially made into their Mary Sue character. To put it bluntly, this is not the historical consensus at all.

• Agree Agree x 42
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Pinball Lizard

Pinball Lizard The best thing you could ever do is die

kiwifarms.net
  6. My favorite part about the conspiracy articles on RationalWiki is that according to them Frank Olsen jumped out a window.

Also, if you want to troll Atheism+ SJW/Smughtiest hybrids, just point out that James Randi is a sexual predator who when not valiantly disproving the Loch Ness Monster and bigfoot spends his time defending child molesters as a member of the False Memory Syndrome Foundation.

http://www.fmsfonline.org/

Sorry for tl;dr

Randis story about the tapes has changed multiple times. There was a copy of them floating around awhile ago but its dropped off the face of the earth. Interestingly enough any mention of it has been scrubbed off his wiki page too. If you listen to the actual tapes, its very very obvious the story is bullshit. Also, supposedly the people spreading the tape are blackmailers. Releasing blackmail material publicly kind of defeats the purpose of blackmail.

• Autistic Autistic x 7
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    kiwifarms.net
    • Autistic Autistic x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  7. The best part of rationalwiki is their oblivious hatred of conservapedia coupled with a crippling lack of self awareness that they've become more or less identical.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    #8 Splendid Meat Sticks, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Splendid Meat Sticks

Splendid Meat Sticks Taco Bell Lore Expert
    True & Honest Fan Lolcow TV Captain

kiwifarms.net
  8. I've been browsing Rationalwiki for some time. I feel like they claim to be so "open" and "accepting" but they viciously insult those who oppose them.
    They do have some decent articles though.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Abethedemon

Abethedemon Trve and Honest

kiwifarms.net
  9. I like their articles that debunk conspiracy theories and the rationalizations of homo/biphobia, but that's about it.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    PickleGuy

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Their brand of trying to reconcile both pop-scientism as well as solipsistic critical theory academia never ceases to amuse me.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    TheProdigalStunna

TheProdigalStunna Fucking destruction
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. I actually used to have an account there a long time ago in the forgotten time when the wiki existed to make fun of Conservapedia and debunk its articles on things like the global flood, evolution, Young Earth Creationism, etc., but even back then you could see the seeds of the SJW hugbox it would later become. Over time they expanded their focus from just the negative approach of debunking bad science into a positive approach of actively promoting neo-progressive ideology and applying it to everything.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 6
    The Nameless One

The Nameless One c-cup milking breasts with tits and all
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. I used to reference their logical fallacy articles in arguments but then I realized that they were a terrible source and I started using real sources such as plato.stanford.edu

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    autisticdragonkin

autisticdragonkin Eric Borsheim
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. I knew Randi turned a blind eye to the actions of a sexual predator that frequented his conferences (the Amazing Meeting I think it's called), but I didn't know he himself was a perpetrator. Good to know.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    DrJonesHat

DrJonesHat Some of us make nothing but mistakes
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. It seems that many of the sites users claim to be atheism but have a religious devotion to feminism.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 4
    • Autistic Autistic x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Jungle Princess

Jungle Princess Hippie Nature Lover

kiwifarms.net
  15. I remember liking that site years ago just as a kind of "I'm bored and want to laugh at stupid people" resource. Then I remember checking it again semi-recently and suddenly I couldn't find a single fucking article that didn't shoehorn feminism or similar shit.

Like why does an article about like alternative medicine suddenly have a diatribe about "rape culture" and how I'm some evil misogynistic MRA neckbeard or something for not unquestionably agreeing with them 100% on everything?

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 4
    • Feels Feels x 4
    Reddit Avenger

Reddit Avenger A Shitposter Denied His Homeland

kiwifarms.net
  16. If I remember correctly a lot of it dates back to the whole 'Elevator' Scandal in 2011, that was when 'atheism+' debacle exploded all over rational wiki and elsewhere.
    For those unaware, the scandal was about a female athiest and blogger (Rebecca Watson) being asked out for coffee in an elevator at some atheism / skepticism conference; she decried it as misogynistic and from there spearheaded the 'athiesm plus social justice movement'. It really is that stupid.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Javert

Javert Bread Detective

kiwifarms.net
  17. That's what elevator gate was? Seems like a major overreaction.

• Agree Agree x 11
    Jungle Princess

Jungle Princess Hippie Nature Lover

kiwifarms.net
  18. To be fair all she initially said was that it made her uncomfortable and people shouldnt do that. Then Dawkins and Amazing Atheist sperged about it. Then the femtheists sperged back, thats when the Elevator Incident became literally rape times a million. Everything kind of devolved from there.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  19. I can't remember if it was this or something else that lead to atheism+ but that is about the jist of it. Dawkins wrote a sarcastic letter in response to elevatorgate which lead to both 'sides' sperging out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Javert

Javert Bread Detective

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.