Infected RationalWiki - Whiny hugbox for spergs and a clusterfuck of neverending drama on a rapidly declining website.

• We've gotten t.me/kiwifarms set up for downtime announcements since Twitter doesn't allow us to have one.

jenstark101

kiwifarms.net
When your version is that far out of date the automated updates don't work anymore and you need to do a lot of troubleshooting to keep things together. With MediaWiki is if you drop the ball for a year or two it quadruples the work you need to do to catch back up, so their inattention is biting them in the ass and they probably don't want to do it anymore.
Mediawiki doesn't have auto-updates

Although it's true that they might have to do a lot of work if they are unwilling to do a fast update via an XML backup and an XML and image import to a fresh install. For example, if forcing users to recreate passwords is too much. ED and other internet relics at some point chose this fast update route. Did it work out for them well? Not really... But it got the job done.

Last edited:

Ronnie McNutt

Hey guys! I guess that's it. · Trannies killed: 2
kiwifarms.net
Is there any way to see which articles the most edits were made to?

i don't think this is what you mean but still, gamergate has the most edits having 3609 edits:
1653680217820.png

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Mediawiki doesn't have auto-updates

Although it's true that they might have to do a lot of work if they are unwilling to do a fast update via an XML backup and an XML and image import to a fresh install. For example, if forcing users to recreate passwords is too much. ED and other internet relics at some point chose this fast update route. Did it work out for them well? Not really... But it got the job done.
They give you installers that will (mostly) do the update for you unless you're X versions out of date, rather than manually fucking with your install or doing a reinstall.

Kerr Avon

>tfw finding your bfs smegma in the folds and eat
kiwifarms.net
What does Jesus have to do with 2010's political drama?
Because they're a bunch of neckbeards that formed up as an anti Conservapedia.

Some have moved on and trooned out but the vast majority of the ostensibly saner ones are still stuck in that mindset.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Cause denying Christ's existence is very consistent with the internet's 2010's new (g)a(y)theism fase. Hilariously enough. If you applied the same standard of "Did he really exist?" spergery to anyother historical figure. They would not exist.
And no need to guess they'll hide like Salman Rushdie if they do their spergery to Muslims.

jenstark101

kiwifarms.net
RW today is sort of like if you gave Reddit a wiki and only allowed 7 year olds with diagnosed personality disorders to be mods

It used to be fun to edit for. But like ED, it's relevance has evaporated. It started as a way to combat conservapedia and pseudoscience people, but the latter two are pretty much irrelevant on wikis nowadays

Nonetheless it's (old) articles on pseudoscience people are still somewhat useful. And completely free to copy to another site.

jenstark101

kiwifarms.net

This recent talk page is revealing.
A christian shows up to do light debate with the users (perfectly allowed at RW, as RW is a free speech wiki that allows debate)
The user then gets bullied, goaded, their arguments ignored, threatened with bans while abiding by the rules, their userpage messed with, gaslit, and a bunch more

Last edited:

Shaka Brah

kiwifarms.net
RW today is sort of like if you gave Reddit a wiki and only allowed 7 year olds with diagnosed personality disorders to be mods

It used to be fun to edit for. But like ED, it's relevance has evaporated. It started as a way to combat conservapedia and pseudoscience people, but the latter two are pretty much irrelevant on wikis nowadays

Nonetheless it's (old) articles on pseudoscience people are still somewhat useful. And completely free to copy to another site.
Their definition of pseudoscience is and has always been tenuously applied. They've always gone out of their way to apply the label to anyone who was critical of a mainstream view in science or history, no matter how absurd the mainstream position actually is. This is most notable in astrophysics in my opinion since the equations and experiments claiming certain laws can (and have been) checked and argued with even within academia.

They also have pages up defending pseudohistory like "the Jesus myth," which hasn't been taken seriously by historians or archaeologists for half a century.

jenstark101

kiwifarms.net
Their definition of pseudoscience is and has always been tenuously applied. They've always gone out of their way to apply the label to anyone who was critical of a mainstream view in science or history, no matter how absurd the mainstream position actually is.
Probably because their definition of 'crank' is basically 'not mainstream'

Like Wikipedia but without a pretense of article standards

Last edited:

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cause denying Christ's existence is very consistent with the internet's 2010's new (g)a(y)theism fase. Hilariously enough. If you applied the same standard of "Did he really exist?" spergery to anyother historical figure. They would not exist.
Imagine a site founded to mock God has sunk so far that now all they can do is mewl pitiably about some long-dead scandal about some whore who cheated on a dude with five other dudes.

Kerr Avon

>tfw finding your bfs smegma in the folds and eat
kiwifarms.net
I didn't remember this section being in their article on the site before. Which is ironic because I remember when they went hard against woo woo shit like Munchies.

The site's members will also target people with medical blogs (primarily women) by accusing them of exaggerating or even faking their illnesses. They target beauty gurus, artists and cosplayers, and regularly engage in fat shaming and looks discrimination.

:story:

Shaka Brah

kiwifarms.net
I didn't remember this section being in their article on the site before. Which is ironic because I remember when they went hard against woo woo shit like Munchies.

:story:
They'll go ape on things like Morgellon's Disease and Multiple Personality Disorder in older articles but at the same time accuse us of malfeasance for saying they're fake. I think it shows the gulf between early editors (who liked making fun of any people they thought were insane) and newer ones (who have a much narrower list of accepted targets).

Friedrich4231

kiwifarms.net
thankfully just a niche(if compared to the mainstream), e.g. channels like Mr. Atheist(ex-mormon who defends promiscuity and alphabet people an annoying lot), Genetically Modified Skeptic(most of his videos are "theism bad and trying to convert me", and also thinks big businesses and MLMs are "cults"), Rachel Oates(who whiteknighted Ellen Page's "transition" by pulling the "muh representation" card) and a slew of others
God is there anyone more insufferable than the genetically modified faggot? You can tell the kind of crowd he tries to appeal to due to him trying to look very smug in his thumb-nails. Gives me strong Destiny vibes.