Infected RationalWiki - Whiny hugbox for spergs and a clusterfuck of neverending drama on a rapidly declining website.

Hellfire

Sugar Cubes
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A bunch of drama over that secret moderator gestapo account Gooniepunk set up: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/User_talk:SecretAgentoftheMods

The fake IP editor claims it was necessary so the moderators didn't get doxed by 'Gamergate'. (There were fucking 3 moderators, if 'Gamergate' wanted to dox them they would just target them all)

A bit more seriously than the replies I gave higher up; it's kind of obvious this account was created so moderative action could be taken against incoming GGers without the moderator in question having to suffer being held accountable by the notoriously reasonable GG populace being doxxed and dogpiled with nasty threats by the GG mob. 142.124.55.236 (talk) 18:39, 3 January 42016 AQD (UTC)

FuzzyCatPotato claims all the mods agreed to make the account to help with revdels. A RW 'old guard' is having none of it and calls them out on their shit.

It originally was set up by mod decision to make revdelling certain items easier; I believe it is now unnecessary. I have removed all rights from the account. After the current mod election finishes, I will discuss with the newly elected mods whether an account of this type is necessary. FuzzyCatPotato™ (talk/stalk) 20:22, 2 January 2016 (UTC)

Well, that's something. But dirty tricks like this should not, under any circumstances, be encouraged by anybody on this Wiki, moderator or otherwise. Old guard (talk) 11:26, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

If this is what you think counts as a 'dirty trick', then I don't know what to do other than waggle my eyebrows and make a succession of funny armpit noises. Queexchthonic murmurings 11:55, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

Not only did you guys create the account, but you guys hid the logs related to it, so that the person(s) who created the account and granted it moderator privileges can't be held accountable. Someone at the upper eschelons of this website abused their authority and made it virtually impossible for the common people to held them accountable for their actions. The operator of the account used the account in order to evade justice; that's the dirty trick. All logs related to this account should be unhidden. --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 16:44, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

"to evade justice" Lol, what horrible crime did this account commit? Or is mere anonymity a crime too now. 142.124.55.236 (talk) 18:24, 3 January 42016 AQD (UTC)

I already explained, and you already read it
. --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 19:46, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

Since when is a puerile "haha I named this account after you" poke equatable to a horrible crime? Some people have no sense of humour, I guess. :/ 142.124.55.236 (talk) 19:52, 3 January 42016 AQD (UTC)

Old guard says this goes against everything RW is about and is worse than anything Conservapedia did.

You know what's worse than anything Conservapedia ever did? This user account. It should have all rights stripped from it and the owner(s) should hang their head in shame. I, personally, don't care who owns this account. What they are doing with it is everything Trent said we would never do as a Wiki, and it damn sure makes the old "RationalWiki is just like Conservapedia" adage to be nice by comparison. Old guard (talk) 11:03, 2 January 2016 (UTC)

Michaeldsuarez was pressing the issue and wondering if the person who made the account would be desysopped. He started getting accused of concern trolling.

Is the operator of the account ever going to be disciplined or reprimanded in any way? --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 16:34, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

What for? IMO, funny armpit noises are more than sufficient. MaillardFillmore (talk) 17:03, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

The one misuse has been rectified; the account did do several useful things. There's not much more punishment that can be given in this case than ending this account. FuzzyCatTomato (talk/stalk) 17:20, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

Those "useful actions"
were things that could've been done with any moderator account; you guys simply lacked the courage to do them with your main accounts. In addition, losing a throwaway account such as this one is hardly a loss or penalty at all. Shouldn't the operator's main account be desysopped as well? --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 18:32, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

In case it matters, the account was created communally by the mods; there was no single operator. FuzzyDogPotato (talk/stalk) 19:19, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

I'm talking about the person who operated the account early on December 31, 2015 (GMT), and the list of moderators at the time was short (as short as it is now, in fact, and the culprit obviouly isn't you). --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 19:26, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

Fuck off, concern troll. Weaseloid Methinks it is a Weasel 19:27, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

As one of the moderators in question, Fuzzy, do you 1) agree this was a bad idea 2) apologize for this idea and 3) promise never to do with again now that you learned your lesson in stupidity? Old guard (talk) 19:28, 3 January 2016 (UTC)
1: Should be clear from my above comments.
2: Yes and no. At the time, it seemed (and perhaps was) necessary. It caused something bad, and I apologize for that.
3: I was not the one who misused the account; I used it twice, first in relation to the mod elections and second to fix the dumb rename. oʇɐʇoԀʇɐϽʎzznℲ (talk/stalk) 19:35, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

hehe, quit playing around. You used your main account to fix the problem. You probably never used the acount at all. Quit covering for others. --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 19:44, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

Speaking of which, thanks for quitting playing around, Michaeldsuarez. Your bad faith trolling will be justly punished, you have my word. :) 142.124.55.236 (talk) 19:48, 3 January 42016 AQD (UTC)
The fake IP editor got butthurt and tried to block Michael for 4 days, Carpetsmoker reduced it to an hour, Weasoloid tried to block him again, and FuzzyCatPotato unblocked him because trolling isn't a blockable offense. The fake IP whined that Michael hadn't been "constructively contributing" and had made "doxxish" edits. (Why can't these fuckwits ever spell it with one x)

(Block log); 19:50 . . 142․124․55․236 (Talk | contribs) blocked Michaeldsuarez (Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of 314159 seconds (about 3.6 days) (autoblock disabled) ‎(Bad faith concern trolling: See? Justice is not dead at RW.)

(Block log); 19:52 . . Carpetsmoker (Talk | contribs) changed block settings for Michaeldsuarez (Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of 3141 seconds (about 1 hour) (autoblock disabled) ‎(Bad faith concern trolling: See? Justice is not dead at RW (block time: 1 hour))

(Block log); 19:58 . . Weaseloid (Talk | contribs) changed block settings for Michaeldsuarez (Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of 314159 seconds (about 3.6 days) (account creation disabled) ‎(Bad faith concern trolling. Let this one stick.)

(Block log); 20:05 . . FuzzyCatPotato (Talk | contribs) changed block settings for Michaeldsuarez (Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of 0×π seconds (autoblock disabled) ‎(Concern trolling isn't currently bannable.)

(Block log); 20:05 . . 142․124․55․236 (Talk | contribs) blocked FuzzyCatPotato (Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of 0×π seconds (autoblock disabled) ‎([Citation needed])

(Block log); 20:07 . . Carpetsmoker (Talk | contribs) blocked 142․124․55․236 (Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of 0×π seconds (account creation disabled) ‎(User has constructive edits in the past; a ban of almost four days over this seems exessive.)

(Block log); 20:10 . . 142․124․55․236 (Talk | contribs) blocked Carpetsmoker (Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of 0×π seconds (autoblock disabled) ‎(They also have doxxish edits in the past. More relevantly, they have not been constructively contributing in the recent past.)

Any guesses as to who this is? An IP editor claiming to be from RW went to go stir up shit about Gamergate in unrelated wiki drama: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph...mmittee/Noticeboard&diff=prev&oldid=697956082

I think it's safe to infer from the above posts by logged-out users that this matter was posted on r/WikiInAction or one of the other GamerGate haunts a bit earlier. To offer a bit of outside perspective on related issues, I'm a semi-regular editor at RationalWiki. Just within the past month, we have had to ban several users for engaging in off-site harassment related to GamerGate, including congregating on other websites to ferret out users' personal information and planning to make phone calls to people's neighbors alleging that <editor> was a supporter of pedophilia. This is particularly jarring if you know how lenient RationalWiki tends to be regarding banning. (To add additional context, people who identify with GamerGate have long complained about our article on the topic not being "fair" to them.) So it's not terribly unusual to have harassment involving the topic. But remember, it's really about ethics in video game journalism. --71.119.131.184 (talk) 01:42, 3 January 2016 (UTC)

Last edited:

StallChaser

Wolf-Souled Individual
kiwifarms.net
Geth mentioned somewhere on Reddit he'd rather fork it, burn all the SJW crap out and focus on the pseudoscience debunking and the other stuff they haven't fucked up yet.
In minecraft, you can set up machines that infinitely generate a resource. A rationalwiki fork would be like that for salt. GethWiki debunks a social justice conspiracy theory. RW gets salty, generates new conspiracy theories. GethWiki debunks those. The cycle continues. Forever.

H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net
A

AP 297

kiwifarms.net
You mean this blog by paedophile-apologist and doxing enthusiast Gabriel Holl of 6801 14th ave, South Richfield Minnesota?

http://matthewhopkinsnews.com/?p=2963

House pic:

Gabriel Holl House.jpg

Cynical

The world sucks? Good.
kiwifarms.net
H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net
It's not a Ryulong 3 they need, it's somebody who fucks with Ryulong's work in any way shape or form. He'll come tearing back in a heartbeat if somebody actually goes through Geth's long-ass bullshit and starts fixing their article. I want to see them slapfighting over bullshit, not agreeing with each other on how great their farts smell.

H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net
XcvB0hv.png

lol even Ghazi thinks RW's article is such obvious over-the-top bullshit that it makes anti-gg look like a pack of lying propagandist chucklfucks. What's next, ISIS shows up to tell Mona she needs to calm down?

Okay, I deleted the off topic slapfighting here. Please don't turn this into "we need to start the RationalWiki Race War!"

Go eat some more hot pockets, you do-it-for-free cuck.

Last edited by a moderator: