Infected RationalWiki - Whiny hugbox for spergs and a clusterfuck of neverending drama on a rapidly declining website.

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I will also make it clear that I still find ED to be a valuable resource when it comes to getting a good summary of a cow and that I still get a lot of laughs out of some of the articles over there. That's why I linked to the ED page right at the beginning. All the drama and funny screencaps were already right there.

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I recommend the AdBlock browser for things like ED and Aidra Fox movies. Even The IB Times can be navigated with it, and I can't even use that place with the AdBlock app attached to my computer browsers.
Yeah, I knew someone was going to say this lol. I have adblock on desktop but I really just don't have this problem on mobile with anything except ed. So I just don't go to ed on my phone. I'll probably do this at some point but right now it just doesn't seem worthwhile for one site I don't go to very often, you know?

Cynical

The world sucks? Good.
kiwifarms.net
To get this back on track, anyone ever check out their WIGO section (What is going on with the world)?

It's got four main sections:

World news: What world news they consider worth their time.

Blogosphere: What blogs they think are worth reading.

Clogosphere: A shitty ED ripoff in the form of a newsfeed like list of blogs they point and laugh at.

Saloon Bar: Sperg city about damn near anything.

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To get this back on track, anyone ever check out their WIGO section (What is going on with the world)?

Clogosphere: A shitty ED ripoff in the form of a newsfeed like list of blogs they point and laugh at.

I honestly have not. I got this screencap though. It's from this month.

*Asterisk*

Five-Percenter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I knew someone was going to say this lol. I have adblock on desktop but I really just don't have this problem on mobile with anything except ed. So I just don't go to ed on my phone. I'll probably do this at some point but right now it just doesn't seem worthwhile for one site I don't go to very often, you know?
Not the Web app. I'm talking about the browser. It's right here., and there are versions for iPhone and Android.

This goes without saying, but what was Jimmy Whales thinking making a discussion section with such horrible design?

Why would anyone use that over a forum?

• Informative
Reactions: Have a Pepsi

Reddit Avenger

A Shitposter Denied His Homeland
kiwifarms.net
Oh my god, I recognize that fucking avatar from some random ass Youtube comment section. How shameful.

Not sure if he ever linked his YT account, but if he didn't I can try to retrace my steps since I'm sure there's some decent content buried in there.

EDIT: Found it. Apparently he's a retsupurae fan.

Last edited:

LikeicareKF

Always remember, Null favours me over you
kiwifarms.net
I like ed okay, but it feels kind of dated. Most of the articles are full of memes from like ten years ago that weren't even all that funny ten years ago.
Also it gives me pop up ads on my phone which is completely unacceptable. ED is literally the only site I have this problem with.
I don't really check out your forums
The problem is that our servers cost over $1000 a month so we take any funding we can get. And those articles about 10 year old memes seem like they were written 10 years ago because they probably were, ED is 11 years old on the 10th of December

melty

Proudly sponsored by Mike Bloomberg for president
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The problem is that our servers cost over $1000 a month so we take any funding we can get. And those articles about 10 year old memes seem like they were written 10 years ago because they probably were, ED is 11 years old on the 10th of December
Yeah, I know. There's really not any reason to update ten year old articles about LiveJournal anyway. But those are my gripes with ED, otherwise I like it.

*Asterisk*

Five-Percenter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
LikeicareKF said:
A bunch of shit about raising money.
You guys have options other than ads. If it were me:

* I'd create an ED+ for some small monthly fee with discounts for bulk.

* I'd use the pool of funds to pay for server costs, plus offer payment to those who perform enough quality cleanup on the site's current articles.

* If extensive enough rewrites or entirely new articles on hot topics are needed, I'd offer an upfront bounty on those articles, plus a bonus to the author depending on the traffic their work generates.

Relying on ads alone just isn't viable anymore, especially since the only ads you guys get are for things like cam sites and Mindgeek affiliates.