Ready player two -

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't get how you write a sequel to a book that essentially ended on a happy ending. Quite frankly, I couldn't really stand the book I tried to read it and could barely get through it, then listened to the audio version read by Will Wheaton (seriously dude, put some emotion into your fucking reading) and man that book was just such obnoxious levels of "watch me jerk off my pop culture dick".

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
NO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I thought that since the first book had been out for so long without a sequel we would be spared the next round of utterly vapid masturbation.

How will a sequel a decade after the first even work?
The first was written in an era with very little self awareness and it slid under the radar but even the author must be aware of what a fucking manchild masterpiece his book is by now.

One of the few good Quinton videos gives an insight into this:

I for one, shall be purchasing the sequel to literature actually worthy of critical acclaim: The Glass Septic Tank.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Oh Lord please no. Anything but that. Its nothing but "let's see how many 80s pop culture references I can shove in this shit" while making Rogen-tier jokes and having poorly described fight scenes that feel like what a kid in elementary school would describe to his friends.
An that's not getting into "Oh ye, watch me shit on Christianity and say how all those religious people are naive dumb dumbs! While imma S-M-A-R-T atheist!". This was oddly also a thing in his other book "Armada" where they treat one of the characters, a Christian single mother, as the village idiot because of her religious views. Then again, that book also went to shit on people who work the sewage system or work as video game testers.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
For the record I didn't think the book was great, but I thought it was an interesting exploration of what the future of video games might be like, the endless pop culture references serve to drive home the point of how OASIS is truly a world of "everything", the story and characters were only ok.

But I mean I can easily imagine the real life future being a shithole where everyone uses VR to escape, can't you?

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
An that's not getting into "Oh ye, watch me shit on Christianity and say how all those religious people are naive dumb dumbs! While imma S-M-A-R-T atheist!". This was oddly also a thing in his other book "Armada" where they treat one of the characters, a Christian single mother, as the village idiot because of her religious views. Then again, that book also went to shit on people who work the sewage system or work as video game testers.
I'm honestly glad the movie cut Klein's neckbeard atheism out truly Spielberg can take even mediocre material and make it passable. As seen with jaws, mostly because he knows how to please audiences and critics alike. Unlike Klein who only knows how to please his fellow Fedora wearing neckbeard fans

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
I'm honestly glad the movie cut Klein's neckbeard atheism out truly Spielberg can take even mediocre material and make it passable. As seen with jaws, mostly because he knows how to please audiences and critics alike. Unlike Klein who only knows how to please his fellow Fedora wearing neckbeard fans
I wouldn't shock me of Spielberg looked at the source material and went "Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me....Good god this is trash...Okay..better get to work..."

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
I've only seen the movie, and the only thing I kinda got a kick out of was when they went through the simulation of the Overlook Hotel from The Shining. Found the rest of it boring. Don't know if the book is better, but it sounds really obnoxious from what you all are saying.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
Same, here. I hope the sequel portrays cancel culture and transphobia, considering how the Oasis is currently a paradise.
Too bad lost world and Indiana Jones aside Spielberg isn't one for sequels. At best I hope stays a a producer and gets someone close to him in style who can pull it off the only but people I can think of are either dead (John Hughes) old and retired (Richard Donner) or washed up (Joe Dante, john lands and Chris Columbus)

The only ones I can see making it work who are still active in the industry are James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez doing what they did for alita battle angel

I've only seen the movie, and the only thing I kinda got a kick out of was when they went through the simulation of the Overlook Hotel from The Shining. Found the rest of it boring. Don't know if the book is better, but it sounds really obnoxious from what you all are saying.
That me when I say being boring is the worst thing about the movie on comparison to the book

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only ones I can see making it work who are still active in the industry are James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez doing what they did for alita battle angel
Jim is still working on the Avatar sequels. Robert might be best, since he's done both adult shlock and stuff for kids.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
Jim is still working on the Avatar sequels. Robert might be best, since he's done both adult shlock and stuff for kids.
I know but Jim was still a producer on alita and the reason Robert got a decent budget for it. On his usual budget Robert can't do a movie like rpo justice it would look way too much like another spy kids or sharkboy and lava girl movie.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
NO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I thought that since the first book had been out for so long without a sequel we would be spared the next round of utterly vapid masturbation.

How will a sequel a decade after the first even work?
The first was written in an era with very little self awareness and it slid under the radar but even the author must be aware of what a fucking manchild masterpiece his book is by now.

One of the few good Quinton videos gives an insight into this:

I for one, shall be purchasing the sequel to literature actually worthy of critical acclaim: The Glass Septic Tank.
I knew a 2x 40 yo loser felon turned 'Gamer Guy' that LOVED this book, sperged constantly on discord about it.
Also loved GoT - Fire and Ice, or w/e the fuck its called.

The sole reason I have excluded those genres from my life.
No Regrets.

Avoid what idiots endorse.

Tags
None