‘Realistic’ Game Environments Don’t Acknowledge Disabled People -

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Los Santos might not have much in the way of wheelchair access but Los Santos is also missing a lot of other things that would make the city feel a lot more "realistic" if they had been included such as elementary and high schools, supermarkets larger than convenience stores and bodegas, any analogue to Walmart, pedestrians crossing the street more than once in a blue moon, and expansive suburbs. Los Santos feels like you're driving through a sampler pack of Los Angeles with the names of stores and neighborhoods changed more than it does a fully living, breathing city.

Keterican

kiwifarms.net
imagine how shit gta or cod would be with a disabled character to play as. no one wants to play as a character who dies every second because theyre in a wheelchair or cant shoot a gun properly because they have no limbs or some shit. these people are just narcissistic fuckheads who are so bored with their lives that they whine about 'oOh viDeOgAmES AbLiESm!!11!!!1!1'. it's pathetic.

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
Oh my fucking god. Who fucking cares about bathrooms in TLoU2? Who fucking CARES that one of the only physically disabled idiots in GTAV is a piece of shit?

Part of the reason why people like video games is so that they AREN'T physically disabled, dipshit.

Also more hypocrisy. No, there might not be any blatantly physically disabled characters in your wheelhouse of games but Ned Luke (Michael from GTAV's actor) is deaf in his right ear. INVISIBLE DISABILITY OMG Also Max from LiS is retarded and I'm not just saying that in a metaphorical sense. Just skip around; play the one part in Silent Hill where you're in a wheelchair. Break all your limbs in Fallout so you can feel justified limping around. Get that cheapo house in Sandy Shores in multiplayer so you don't have to take the stairs, FFS. Quit being vapid and use your imagination.

And here I thought the nonbinary woman in the other article was petty. Rate me MOTI but damn.
In a post apocalyptic setting the thing that makes this guy sad are no handicapped bathrooms? :lol:

Humanity has been utterly decimated by a zombifying fungus but hold on... This stall has no grab bars! LITERALLY my worst nightmare you gaiz! Cryn rigt nwo!:'(

I'ma go out on a limb and posit that the author of the article never played the original Final Fantasy VII
(yes I know it's fantasy but STILL)

It's funny because... https://uppercutcrit.com/why-final-fantasy-viis-trans-story-resonates/

Please have a laugh. This one's epic. Different author, same type of vein.

Everyone has to see themselves in games now or be deeply disappointed and moan about how the experience makes them feel invisible. Cloud isn't even trans. The troon author acknowledges that at aleast. But "boo-hoo I want to reclaim Cloud's womanhood!". This MA'AM probably has a save file at Wall Market so he can traipse about as Miss Cloud. He complains about the Honeybee Inn but probably secretly relishes the fact that you can get into a hot tub full of sweaty, muscular men. I mean, if he actually even played the game. Because The Honeybee Inn wasn't just for straight males to fuck cabaret girls in bee costumes.

You have to challenge a literal tranny to get the best wig. There's a whole gymnasium full of gender deviants.

Finding an actual picture of this useless , apparently autistic, fuck instead of a funny looking Jamaician skier was super hard.
I mean it was hilarious, because how can such a stupid name not be unique, but still.
View attachment 1643297
View attachment 1643298

Also all his articles are super gay - all of them: http://www.thecourieronline.co.uk/author/errolkerr/

Oh and @CatParty - found you a new site to mine: http://www.verbalremedy.co.uk/

When I read the article I was expecting him to at least need a wheelchair. The way he goes on you picture a quadriplegic that plays games with his tongue. But no, it's a chub autismo with a cane. This is like when white people feel offended for the poor minorities who don't realise they are being offended.

If the next GTA included npc's in wheelchairs this guy would be the first person to bitch about Rockstar adding cripples peoples could kill.

But that's realistic! In the real world cripples get killed too. They aren't immortal. What about muh realism?

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
In a post apocalyptic setting the thing that makes this guy sad are no handicapped bathrooms? :lol:

Humanity has been utterly decimated by a zombifying fungus but hold on... This stall has no grab bars! LITERALLY my worst nightmare you gaiz! Cryn rigt nwo!:'(

I'll throw this guy a bone.

All those bathrooms were built before the zombie apocalypse. Therefore, the reaction to the zombie hordes was ... remodel handicapped bathrooms into conventional bathrooms.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
What's fun about playing a game with a character that gets stopped by a curb or a flight of stairs?

It would make sense in certain games with tank controls, like Silent Hill, especially 4 where an ankle high fence turned out to be an insurmountable obstacle that prevented me from going on the grass. If the character had been in a wheelchair I would'nt have been confused. Making the player handicapable would make modern level design much easier, instead of fencing off areas and paths with expensive 3D objects they can just put a sand texture on the ground and wheelie understands why it's completely inaccessible.

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
I was trying to think of games with playable disabled characters. There's that blind girl in Ys 7. Was the drunken kung fu guy in Virtua Fighter blind? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I'm sure there are more than I am failing miserably at recalling. But playing as a disabled character in a game not built for that character's sole experience would be a challenge to design. Survival horror in a wheelchair? You'd have to be a game design genius to make that work. I'm not saying it's impossible. But if it is gonna be fun and playable you can't spend all the dev time on how to be more #woke.

$5.3 Million Dollars

Hiding from Rapey Russ
kiwifarms.net
I was trying to think of games with playable disabled characters. There's that blind girl in Ys 7. Was the drunken kung fu guy in Virtua Fighter blind? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I'm sure there are more than I am failing miserably at recalling. But playing as a disabled character in a game not built for that character's sole experience would be a challenge to design. Survival horror in a wheelchair? You'd have to be a game design genius to make that work. I'm not saying it's impossible. But if it is gonna be fun and playable you can't spend all the dev time on how to be more #woke.

In Beyond Eyes you play as a blind girl and the whole gameplay is centered on that. Its a simple walking simulator but it actually makes sense to have this for a blind character.

With how easy it is to slapdash even basic games together these days I'm going to say its lack of demand that causes this to be a small demographic. Its almost like a lot of people with disabilities (and just people in general) like to play escapist fantasies that don't constantly remind them of being a cripple.

Bass

Grandmaster of the Autistic Illuminati
kiwifarms.net
He wants more people like Lester in video games.

Oh, and they have to be the main character.
He probably doesn't like Lester, because Lester is just as big a shithead as the main characters in GTA V, crippled or not.