Recipes for fall/Halloween season

GaryGrey

G.avi
kiwifarms.net
What are your favorite recipes to make in the fall, October, or cooler months?
I'll start with a recipe that was on ALDI's website but they got rid of it for some reason. Here is a link from the way back machine. If you follow it as listed on ALDI's website it calls for way too much mayo IMHO. I go for enough to lightly coat everything then add the buffalo sauce until it tastes good. This is a great side dish for pot luck, grilling, or tailgating. Cut ingredients in half and now it is a side for lunch for a week. Good beginner recipe, simple prep, and very forgiving on the ingredients for the sauce. Experiment until you find the right ratio spices that works for you.

Buffalo Chicken Macaroni Salad 10 servings
ALDIs Buffalo Chicken Macaroni Salad.jpg

Ingredients:
4 cups (12oz to 16oz) macaroni pasta (medium or large shell)
1.5 pounds baked chicken, either shredded or diced into ~1 inch cubes
1 to 1.5 cups mayonnaise
3/4 cup red onion, diced (~ 1 red onion)
3 ribs celery, diced
1/4 cup Franks RedHot Buffalo sauce (add more to fit taste)
1/4 cup Blue Cheese crumbles
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper for taste
1/4 tsp salt for taste

Directions:
  • Bake chicken and cook pasta. *
  • While the pasta and chicken is cooking, dice onion and celery. **
  • Mix in a bowl until uniform consistency: mayonnaise, buffalo sauce, blue cheese, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. **
  • Once chicken is cooked cube or shred and set aside ***
  • With all ingredients prepared, in a large salad or Tupperware bowl toss pasta, chicken, veggies, and sauce until coated evenly. ****
  • Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until cool and serve.
* = Goal is to have pasta ready last. If using frozen chicken don't start boiling water for pasta until after chicken is in oven.
** = feel free to prep the veggies and sauce if unsure about getting items ready in under 20 minutes
*** = If pasta cooks faster then chicken, drain water and toss in enough butter to keep pasta from sticking then place into large salad or Tupperware bowl.
**** = After tossing together check taste and add more buffalo or mayo as desired.

Lioness

SONICHU QUOTE
kiwifarms.net
Pumpin' Spice

1 Small Pumpkin
1 Knife
1 Coathanger
A dash of cinnamon

Step 1: Stab pumpkin
Step 2: Carve strategically placed hole
Step 3: Microwave Pumpkin
Step 4: Insert Genitalia into Pumpkin
Step 5: You're fucking a Pumpkin
Step 6: Even Chris at least fucked woman-shaped objects you absolute sped
Step 6: Contract Gourdorrea
Step 7: Beat that stupid fucking slut vegetable for tainting your loins
Step 8: It dun got prangent
Step 9: Insert coathanger into pumpkin
Step 10: Abort the Pumpkin's jizz soaked innards into a dish
Step 11: Add cinnamon to taste and serve

Last edited:

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Corn mixed with candy corn in a blender with chocolate milk and eggnog. Put cherry.

The Flawless Gazelles

Die Aesthetik Der Herrschaftsfreiheit
kiwifarms.net
grzaniec-wino-z-dodatkami-1664441.jpg

Hot beer, courtesy of polandball

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 bottle of your favorite beer (or go with something a bit darker, to the the full flavor of hops and barley
  • 3 cloves
  • 1 tbs of honey
  • 1/2 stick of cinnamon (or 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon)
  • 1/4 cup of orange juice or juice of 1/2 orange (or any other juice)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Pour beer into pot and add all remaining ingredients.
  2. Heat it up on medium heat. Watch it though, it will bubble and may boil over. It does not have to boil, just warm up really well.
  3. Once steaming hot, take off the heat and let stand for a few minutes. Taste. If it’s not sweet enough, add another teaspoon or two of honey.
  4. Drink and share.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, this is kinda edible, so I'll add it:

Fake Blood Recipe:

• 1/2 c. Warm Water
  • 4 Tbsp Corn Syrup
  • 1 Tbsp Powdered Cocoa
  • 1 tsp Red Food Coloring
  • 1/8 tsp Blue Food Coloring

I add the coco powder and the blue food coloring because it helps the blood to look more authentic like it actually has iron in it.

TFT-A9

I identify as a 55-ton quadmech, shitlord
kiwifarms.net
I'm trying to find my applecake recipe. I usually put a cinnamon creamcheese frosting on it.

HeyItsHarveyMacClout

Casualty of the Culture War
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 957970
Hot beer, courtesy of polandball

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 bottle of your favorite beer (or go with something a bit darker, to the the full flavor of hops and barley
  • 3 cloves
  • 1 tbs of honey
  • 1/2 stick of cinnamon (or 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon)
  • 1/4 cup of orange juice or juice of 1/2 orange (or any other juice)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Pour beer into pot and add all remaining ingredients.
  2. Heat it up on medium heat. Watch it though, it will bubble and may boil over. It does not have to boil, just warm up really well.
  3. Once steaming hot, take off the heat and let stand for a few minutes. Taste. If it’s not sweet enough, add another teaspoon or two of honey.
  4. Drink and share.

I might do this. Do you think I should go for a Guinness, or a Samuel Adams Octoberfest?

Dwight Frye

kiwifarms.net
Found this Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde potion cocktail. Hokey, but it's in the spirit.

Titty Figurine

SoF Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gotta make pumpkin seeds in the oven with the guts still on and enough butter to make Paula Deen blush. It's the fall way.

Some people rinse them but that's just nasty, the best pieces are the ones with a long string of pumpkin insides that've soaked up all the extra butter and salt and gotten caramelized and crunchy.

There's no real recipe because there's no real way to standardize how many seeds you'll have each time, just keep an eye on them in the oven. So roughly:

A big bowl of seeds, unrinsed (unless you're a goddamn heathen) but with most of the big chunks of pulp picked out and discarded.

Anywhere from a half-stick of butter to a couple sticks of butter, melted. Any butter is fine; salted creamery butter is best. Don't use margarine unless you hate flavor. You want the seeds to be slippery but not have butter pooling on the baking sheet.

An oven set a little lower than you think it should be, maybe 225F-250F

A baking sheet with low sides.

Extra salt to taste.

Mix the melted butter into the bowl of seeds and if you already know you like em salty add a little pinch of salt while you mix. Spread everything out on the sheet and pick out any chunks of goop you missed that look too thick to crisp up nicely. Bake for about twenty minutes, then take the sheet put and mix everything around with the spatula. Keep baking them, mixing everything around every ten minutes or so. Right around the time you can start to smell them toasting, pop a couple off the sheet to taste and see if they need more salt. Start checking and stirring them every five minutes when you notice them getting close to your desired crunchiness, because even with the oven low they can overcook in a flash.

Then go watch a scary movie and try to eat them all before you have to share.