Red Dead 3/Red Dead Redemption 2 - IT'S HAPPENING.gif

Lachlan Hunter McIntyre

Harakudoshi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52677/red-dead-redemption-2-coming-fall-2017-watch-the-trailer

Red Dead Redemption 3 was just revealed today, set for an Autumn 2017 Release. Where will it take place? When will it? Who will it star?

The promotional image appears to be Dutch's gang, so perhaps it could be John Marston's early life in the gang, so around 1890? Or it could be an entirely different setting and people. Seeing as how the classic Western has been done to death, and it's doubtful R* could top their portrayal in Redemption, maybe it could be an entirely different country? Perhaps Australia in the late 19th century. The bushranger was very analogous to the American outlaw gunman. Living in the desert wilderness of the outback, stealing what they want. The gold rush and opal rush as mining began in earnest around that time.

Or perhaps it could be central and Southern Africa around 1870-1890? The push for diamond mining, the concept of wild indescribable beasts and noble savages of the Savannah.

Lachlan Hunter McIntyre

Harakudoshi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
I thought the Redemption 2 title is a bit daft myself, especially if Marston isn't the lead. But it won't damper my enthusiasm.

The real worry is Leslie Benzies, or the lack thereof him. He was the producer on EVERY R* title since GTA 3. He is directly responsible for the presentation and feel of every major Rockstar game. GTA 3, San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4, 5, all of em. But he quit the company back in 2014. And without his direction, there's worry future R* games won't have the same impact the older games did.

Here's hoping the Houser brothers can do just as well without him.

Lachlan Hunter McIntyre

Harakudoshi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
all i want is for the multiplayer to not have instant lock on high power pistols like last time
1 headshot beats 9 body shots every time. I embarrassed many a 'high power' kiddies with the Colt/Cattleman.

And regardless. I highly doubt Redemption 2 will take place post-1911. The high power was based off a Colt 1911 I believe. Prior to about 1905, the quickest firing pistols were double action revolvers.
In short, don't expect an OP pistol in the game. I'd be surprised to see anything newer than a Colt 1892.

Last edited:

Strelok

Perfectly Cromulent Poster
kiwifarms.net
all i want is for the multiplayer to not have instant lock on high power pistols like last time
Hopefully they can pry away the GTA V MP guys for a cycle or so for this. While a lot of the stuff is hit or miss, the sheer variety of things they keep adding to do is commendable. There's always something to keep things fresh when playing with friends, something RDR, and tbh GTA V at launch, severely lacked.

Dr. Tremolo

Shah Jahans
kiwifarms.net
The high power was based off a Colt 1911 I believe.
It was actually based off an earlier FN Model 1903 pistol, although some promotional artwork featured the 1911 - but then again, R* game artwork never matches in-game guns, as is the case with a lot of GTA artworks. Semi autos of Browning design have existed since around 1900. And other semi-autos date back even earlier to the late 19th century - two of such appear in RDR, the Borchardt and the Mauser pistol. Which kinda perplexed me as the former was very rare in real life and it was ubiquitous in-game, whilst the latter was very common and would've been more plausible to turn up in American West in 1911 but it's only in the game as a rare one-of-a-kind weapon.

Last edited:

Lachlan Hunter McIntyre

Harakudoshi
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
It was actually based off an earlier FN Model 1903 pistol, although some promotional artwork featured 1911 - but then again, R* game artwork never matches in-game guns, as is the case with a lot of GTA artworks. Semi autos of Browning design have existed since around 1900. And other semi-autos date back even earlier to the late 19th century - two of such appear in RDR, the Borchardt and the Mauser pistol. Which kinda perplexed me as the latter was very rare in real life and it was ubiquitous in-game, whilst the latter was very common and would've been more plausible to turn up in American West in 1911 but it's only in the game as a rare one-of-a-kind weapon.
Ah. My mistake. My knowledge of firearms begins and ends with 19th century percussion cap weaponry.

• Feels
Reactions: Dr. Tremolo

*Asterisk*

Five-Percenter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If vidya were womens, I'd marry Red Dead.

They did have a black western.
Boss Nigga
An Afro-Western would be pretty cool if done right. Django Unchained was hot fire.

Too bad it'll never happen. Rockstar can't even have you torture a Muslim without putting a cross on their neck beforehand. They'd defang Django Unchained: Revelations faster than you can find what a nigga's doing on a nag.

Dr. Tremolo

Shah Jahans
kiwifarms.net
It's possible RDR2 might actually take closer to RDR's setting than I thought - Rockstar is hiring programmers for "Vehicle AI Programming" in RDR2, so it's a clue. But then again, "vehicles" could refer to horse carriages and everything old too.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino