Red Dwarf -

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
I met Craig Charles and Robert Llewelyn at a signing a few years back. They were cool. It was 10 in the morning and Craig was drinking Vodka out of a coffee cup and thought everything was fucking hilarious. Also I'm loving how much of a novelty that Dwarf is for you yanks, you can't grow up in England without endless re-runs of it along with Blackadder and Fawlty Towers. God we make good comedy over here.

Ravenor

Purge.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah the posse, the boy's from the dwarf.

Ravenor trivia #1287 I drink in the Aigburth arms a few times a year, they don't have a pool table either and I kind think they should in honour of the worlds most popular fictional scouser.

Lalala

Just here to see the circus
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I spent like 4 days memorising how to say cesiumfrancolithicmixyalibidumrixydixydexydoxydroxide as a kid and I've never forgotten it. It's a shining moment of autism that I'm still proud of.
Also I met Danny John Jules and Robert Llewellyn at MCM Expo and they were the nicest people ever. :biggrin:

Chicken Dippers

awesome with ketchup
kiwifarms.net
Irish guy here. Love Red Dwarf, watch it whenever it's on. I agree with Lazarus, Brits make damn fine comedy. :biggrin: Some of my faves would be Blackadder, I'm Alan Partridge and League of Gentlemen. ;p

ChurchOfGodBear

He's just this guy, you know?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy every season of this show (some more than others) but am i alone in thinking Rimmer worked better in his boring khakis than in the zippy spacesuit?

• Agree
Reactions: Lalala and yasscat

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
some rando said:
Series 8, in my opinion, is the BEST - for the writers took the series into a fantastic direction and only made the show MORE hysterical
I'm not gonna throw too much shade because he put series 1 through 8 on archive.org but holy shit what in the actual fuck would possess a person to post this on the internet.

PreferredPenne

Easy to eat
kiwifarms.net
Funny this thread was dug up because I've been rewatching my Red Dwarf DVDs, and while I'm looking forward to the new series this year, I really wish it would just end. It's been over thirty years and there's really nowhere else they can go with it.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not gonna throw too much shade because he put series 1 through 8 on archive.org but holy shit what in the actual fuck would possess a person to post this on the internet.
There were one or two good jokes, but on the whole it was just a mess. I didn’t like the changes to Hollister’s character - I preferred it when he was a reasonable guy who just got sick of Rimmer’s shit.

Reactions: XYZpdq

PreferredPenne

Easy to eat
kiwifarms.net
On the subject of the US remake, the worst thing they did (out of all the worst things) was try to redo the Wilma Flintstone scene.

Original: Lister and Cat are two lonely, desperate men trapped three million years into deep space, to the point where their impossible fantasies are the only thing that keeps them going.

Remake: Two guys hanging out and having a slightly odd conversation. No somber tone or desperation. The scene fails on every level.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
I hate watching them dredge it up every few years and having them look older and more tired than ever.
Personally, I love it because it holds true to the premise. There's no endgame for the Red Dwarf. They're never getting home. There are no women on the ship, so nobody's having children. They're just four guys milling around the galaxy trying to keep themselves occupied in the cold solitude of space until they die from old age.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still need to finish season x. What I saw wasn't bad, think it was Lemons and the Father's Day episode, maybe one or two more? Certainly better than the last couple of seasons from the old run, but the routine of "that bit from an old episode? Let's run with that" seemed kinda fanfic-y.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The trailer has me interested. The last couple of seasons have been a bit hit-and-miss for me. Some great ideas that never really got explored in enough detail. Although Timewave was just shit.

TopCat

kiwifarms.net
I hope that this is the absolute finale for Red Dwarf. I hate watching them dredge it up every few years and having them look older and more tired than ever.
I agree. It doesn't help that Rimmer now clearly has a massive toupee on his head, as seen below. Most 60 year old guys (yes, the actor's 60) just can't pull off wearing a wig like this. It's embarrassing at this point.

RD.jpg

Last edited:
Tags
None