Red Dwarf -

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On the subject of the US remake, the worst thing they did (out of all the worst things) was try to redo the Wilma Flintstone scene.

Original: Lister and Cat are two lonely, desperate men trapped three million years into deep space, to the point where their impossible fantasies are the only thing that keeps them going.

Remake: Two guys hanging out and having a slightly odd conversation. No somber tone or desperation. The scene fails on every level.

Terry Farrell was probably my least favorite main main cast member of Star Trek DS9. (at least until they killed her off and replaced her with someone worse.) I still say she was the most embarrassing cast change in the American Red Dwarf, even considering everything else. She is clearly no Danny John-Jules.

What was even the point of gender swapping the character of Cat? Was it so they could have Lister and her fuck at some point if the series had continued? Because ewww... that's just gross.

TopCat

kiwifarms.net

PreferredPenne

Easy to eat
kiwifarms.net
I know I was skeptical about yet another Red Dwarf after what we've gotten over the past twenty or so years, but I just checked it out and really enjoyed it. I'd be all for them making another if they maintain the same quality.

For those wondering, the "transphobic joke" is Kryten suggesting that Cat get a sex change so Lister can impregnate him and repopulate the species, and Lister saying he won't do it because he's not attracted to Cat. This leads to a whole argument about who would make the sexier woman.

Racist Trash

The piece of rubbish on the floor has returned!
kiwifarms.net
I know I was skeptical about yet another Red Dwarf after what we've gotten over the past twenty or so years, but I just checked it out and really enjoyed it. I'd be all for them making another if they maintain the same quality.

For those wondering, the "transphobic joke" is Kryten suggesting that Cat get a sex change so Lister can impregnate him and repopulate the species, and Lister saying he won't do it because he's not attracted to Cat. This leads to a whole argument about who would make the sexier woman.

Yeah I had put off watching it because from the tv ads I thought it was going to be non-stop old references when they kept bringing up the cats but I was pleasantly surprised, and if they do continue I hope they keep Holly around as he really does play a big part of the dynamic.

deeman

Seinor Geinus.
kiwifarms.net
Everybody being offended by whatever that joke might be is an transsexual sleazebag, end of story.

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

Time tah party, bubba
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm watching "The Promised land" finally and all I can think of is they need to write a proper series finale before the boys all need mobility scooters.

I'd write some typical red dwarf alternate reality time travel fuckery where Dave gets to be young, back on Earth with Kochanski living that "It's a wonderful life" fantasy he had in the "Better than Life" novel. They'd have to cgi or have 2d animation to pull that off. As a big f.u. low budget thing harkening back to early seasons, the crappier this looks the funnier it would be.

Actually that Star Wars style scroll going by way too fast from series 3 opener explaining why so much is different (Holly is a woman avatar, Kryten being a regular) ending it like that would also be funny as hell.

The bigger, flashier special effects actually take away from the funny.
It should look low budget and junky.

Tags
None