Red Letter Media -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

stuffandthings

Inflammatory Metacommentary
kiwifarms.net
I'm perfectly happy with RLM not delving more into the "Culture War" bullshit when they review stuff.

It's as if they want to actually critique the media they are watching, and not the "controversies" about it.
They tend to only point out culture war BS when it is interfering with the quality or consistency of the product. In the Picard review they're making the great criticism that the show is messing with how the Federation has been portrayed in the past in order to push a hamfisted 'topical' political narrative.

Nice, laid back, podcasty BOTW this week. I could tell it was a Mike edit job right away because he seems to 'get bored' editing and stick in funny cutaways, or music. He's able to infuse some energy into what could have been a dull product. Jay wheelchair gag was also choice.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd be a lot more open to Mack being in so many episodes if he didn't insist on bringing his emotional support guy from Bunny Ears every time. At least they saw fit to not include him in the round table. I still don't get hipster stache though.

I guess they're just trying to fill the void left by Jack.
Inevitable "I hate Mack!" Post. I really believe that dudes who don't like him are upset because they fantasize themselves as being the 4th guy on the table talking about shit movies with Mike, Rich and Jay.

Prove me wrong.

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
Inevitable "I hate Mack!" Post. I really believe that dudes who don't like him are upset because they fantasize themselves as being the 4th guy on the table talking about shit movies with Mike, Rich and Jay.

Prove me wrong.
I just want a break from him being in every other BOTW, tbh. He's not a bad guest by any means but every two months or so he's back. I give it another year before he buys a house in Milwaukee.

Hard Toothbrush

Bumfight Spargle is the best princess.
kiwifarms.net

Prove me wrong.
His voice and manner of speaking grate on my nerves and as others said he's on there too often.

Megaroad 2012

I CANT CONTROL MYSELF.
kiwifarms.net
I really love how Macaulay Culkin has become a BOTW regular. This is, what, the fourth or fifth episode he's been in? Soon he'll be as ubiquitous as the Canadians.

He has great chemistry with the rest of the crew and you can tell they have fun hanging out together. Culkin's definitely the best celebrity guest they've brought on.
Agreed. He jives real well.

Currently drunk and we're at the discussion of that St. Bernard video. The bully talks like Cameron Mitchell :story:

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now that everyone’s mentioned it, I guess they could space out Mac appearances. He was just in the Christmas episode, so I agree that it was too soon to bring him back on.

I still like him and his place on BOTW but I can see why people want a break.

Are you joking, or is Jack really gone? I haven’t kept up with this thread.

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
Are you joking, or is Jack really gone? I haven’t kept up with this thread.
Jack got a job with a video game website and also hasn't been around as much, so you have the usual joke/conspiracy theory that they had a falling out and he won't be back. Given he's shown up in episodes post-job I kinda doubt the people being serious are correct.

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
I'd be a lot more open to Mack being in so many episodes if he didn't insist on bringing his emotional support guy from Bunny Ears every time. At least they saw fit to not include him in the round table. I still don't get hipster stache though.

I don't mind him in the screening, he has made some jokes that got a chuckle from me or were built on by the rest of the crew. I agree he has no place on the table tough. Tim is also fine both in the screening room and the table.

KrewlKween

It's a Krewl Krewl Summer
kiwifarms.net
Mac would be fine if he wasn't on so much. A yearly cameo would work well for him. But he has been in 3 vids in the last 3 months. Tim was the MVP of this episode and I can't remember the last time they had him on. I'm sure if he was on every few weeks maybe I'd get bored with him too. My biggest issue isn't his lack of cohesion with the crew because he gels fine enough but it's his slobbish appearance. I grimaced when he ran his hand through his greasy hair then went to shake Jay's hand. Why does he always have to wear a RLM meme shirt and look like he rolled out of bed? Why does he need to wear pajama pants during the screenings? Couple that with the fact that he smokes so much he has his cigs next to him on the couch in every ep and you can bet he smells like shit too. If he acted at the same level of "professionalism" as literally any other guest and did the bare minimum of taking a shower and looking presentable it would go a long way. Also his shirt was really poorly printed, the colors are all washed out which is what happens when you don't color correct your graphic from RGB to CMYK color. Wonder if it's something his crew did.

Has Rich ever acknowledged as directly as he does here that he's aware his entire job is getting paid to be made fun of by Mike? He seemed genuinely pissed about the saving the fries joke since Mike is fat too. Also is this the first time they confirmed Rich's age during the fry fire as 22? They always made it seem like he was younger when that happened that I was surprised he was a full ass adult. I'd genuinely like to know why they had motorized wheelchairs laying around. Hopefully we find out in an upcoming bit.

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
Mac would be fine if he wasn't on so much. A yearly cameo would work well for him. But he has been in 3 vids in the last 3 months. Tim was the MVP of this episode and I can't remember the last time they had him on. I'm sure if he was on every few weeks maybe I'd get bored with him too. My biggest issue isn't his lack of cohesion with the crew because he gels fine enough but it's his slobbish appearance. I grimaced when he ran his hand through his greasy hair then went to shake Jay's hand. Why does he always have to wear a RLM meme shirt and look like he rolled out of bed? Why does he need to wear pajama pants during the screenings? Couple that with the fact that he smokes so much he has his cigs next to him on the couch in every ep and you can bet he smells like shit too. If he acted at the same level of "professionalism" as literally any other guest and did the bare minimum of taking a shower and looking presentable it would go a long way. Also his shirt was really poorly printed, the colors are all washed out which is what happens when you don't color correct your graphic from RGB to CMYK color. Wonder if it's something his crew did.

Has Rich ever acknowledged as directly as he does here that he's aware his entire job is getting paid to be made fun of by Mike? He seemed genuinely pissed about the saving the fries joke since Mike is fat too. Also is this the first time they confirmed Rich's age during the fry fire as 22? They always made it seem like he was younger when that happened that I was surprised he was a full ass adult. I'd genuinely like to know why they had motorized wheelchairs laying around. Hopefully we find out in an upcoming bit.
I'm pretty sure the fry at 22 was a joke.

I mean maybe not but i don't take anything those guys say as canon when it comes to themselves or each other.

trekkor

never talk to me or the pinkskin's dog ever again
kiwifarms.net
People here got so hung up about Mac that you all ignored how funny Tim was this episode. Really solid presence this time around, felt very comfortable cracking jokes and "playing" the part of a drunk guy.

Also loved the extended lore of Rich installing fire sprinkles. To think, if the economy hadn't crashed, we never would've gotten a viral video of a man masturbating with a Star Wars toy.

Tags
None