Red Letter Media -

TheMonkeyMan

kiwifarms.net
I would bet a doughnut someone realized the film wasn't funny, and added more ADR to make it "wacky."
One of the IMDB user reviews (emphasis mine)

"
The original title is GOLDDIGGER. IMDb, you should update your listing! ("A Robot In the Family" was a later title used in some markets.) I met the filmmaker, a true "Independent" if a bit naive. He could not get distribution so he even did some additional sound and re-edited the movie to try to please one studio, but did not sell it anyway. When it finally got a distributor, the result was very spotty. So, it's a rare movie. I am amazed any of your viewers saw it! Maybe they found a videotape lying around in a sale bin somewhere.

The movie is actually pretty amusing, if you don't take it so seriously. The problem is more one of classification: It's not a kids movie, despite having a featured role for the son. It's too adult to be for a teen or preteen audience. Maybe college kids can dig it, along with adults with a tolerance for some silly "business" and satirical plot elements that may hit or miss. The "auteur" here was a real amateur when he made this film, so it's akin to a mid-budget student film. But remember, all Indies have to start somewhere. David Lynch and Quentin Tarrantino have come a long way from their first efforts. If you see this movie, please suspend critical disbelief, relax, and enjoy its better qualities. It's like if the film were a spoof or camp, even if maybe it wasn't intended to be. On that level, it succeeds better than some intended spoofs that fail."

mandatorylurk

kiwifarms.net
I have a feeling Leo Fong might be making it more into the rotation not only because he's a good Cameron Mitchell fodder, but also because he was just in a martial arts movie with Len Kabasinski:

I wonder if we're going to see Len show up for a martial arts BOTW and shill a bit for the movie too. And for what its worth, kudos to Leo for still making movies at 91.

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
I have a feeling Leo Fong might be making it more into the rotation not only because he's a good Cameron Mitchell fodder, but also because he was just in a martial arts movie with Len Kabasinski:

I wonder if we're going to see Len show up for a martial arts BOTW and shill a bit for the movie too. And for what its worth, kudos to Leo for still making movies at 91.
Damn that was the perfect chance for the boys to get to live their fantasies of being run over and punched by Low Blow.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The actor who originally played Icheb reached out to the gang:
View attachment 1167190

http://archive.li/q2PDM
ohno.png

Swear on my fuckin yeast, I know im in the minority that is ok with Mac latching on to RLM this past year, but if Jack's growing obsequiousness towards woke internet personalities and Mike/Rich's love of classic Star Trek cause them to greenlight a fucking wheaton episode im probably going to cringe myself into the grave

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1182719

Swear on my fuckin yeast, I know im in the minority that is ok with Mac latching on to RLM this past year, but if Jack's growing obsequiousness towards woke internet personalities and Mike/Rich's love of classic Star Trek cause them to greenlight a fucking wheaton episode im probably going to cringe myself into the grave
The only saving grace is that, Jack notwithstanding, RLM is on the bubble if not outright verboten among the woke, and Wheaton is obnoxiously woke. It might be an act, but he likely wouldn't risk the standing he's got by associating with known and suspected troglodytes.

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
The only saving grace is that, Jack notwithstanding, RLM is on the bubble if not outright verboten among the woke, and Wheaton is obnoxiously woke. It might be an act, but he likely wouldn't risk the standing he's got by associating with known and suspected troglodytes.
Also Wil has been having a bit of resurgence anyway with big bang theory and in the tabletop gaming sphere. He probably considers RLM beneath him.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1182719

Mac at least tries to incorporate himself into the show, playing along with the humour and that kind of thing but I’m not sure if Will Wheaton would be willing to do the same with some self deprecating humour like taking a ”Shut up, Wesley!” without acting like a prissy primadonna.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Citation needed here. Which TTPRG company is shilling out for Woke Wheaton so I can avoid buying their products.
No no. Tabletop games.

He's the face of international tabletop day. (EDIT: or at least he was in the past, maybe not much today - https://www.tabletopday.com/)

In the game smash up, he's the head of the geek faction that they released as a tabletop day promo.
Wil_wheaton.jpg

Last edited:

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
jesus christ that's awful.

Thank god i'll never buy one single solitary thing made for/by them.

someone made this soy shitlord head of make believe holiday? Fantastic, goes along well with his nonexistant acting career.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
jesus christ that's awful.

Thank god i'll never buy one single solitary thing made for/by them.

someone made this soy shitlord head of make believe holiday? Fantastic, goes along well with his nonexistant acting career.
Dude the history of promos for this... it is insane.
1500x1500_45f74345da4c70cba25094aeb874046cb0f40e1a0f4c0ed16ac087d5.jpg

Which is a shame to cut them off because some of those games are legit amazing.

Also this has been going on since 2013. So yeah, could take you awhile to figure out every brand that's been involved.

• Informative
Reactions: Reverend

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1182896

Also this has been going on since 2013. So yeah, could take you awhile to figure out every brand that's been involved.
MEH. It's just tabletop games, my crew doesn't do TT's as much so I can happily ignore this event as a whole.

There's a whole laundry list of RPG companies I won't touch anymore due to their stance on IdPol injection nonsense.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
MEH. It's just tabletop games, my crew doesn't do TT's as much so I can happily ignore this event as a whole.

There's a whole laundry list of RPG companies I won't touch anymore due to their stance on IdPol injection nonsense.
Red Dragon Inn is an amazing game and every group should find a bit of room for it. XD

Unmatched is a recent restoration release that is perfect for a quick minis fix.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Reverend

Titan Lithos

Classic Rock
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't Patton Oswalt have a form of TDS? They had him on the show.

However, Oswalt did nail it with the quote "If you're coming on a show like this hoping to connect with a younger generation... don't. It's not worth it." As nice as it would be to see certain Trek alumni, what would the cost (socially) be of having all those guests?

stuffandthings

Inflammatory Metacommentary
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1182896

There's a Cards Against Humanity Tabletop booster pack. One of my friends has it for some reason. It's terrible.

• Agree
Reactions: Flexo

Drunk and Pour

kiwifarms.net
Are they? For what reason? I used to frequent the message board before and during the 2016 campaign, and it was full of SJWs. They were definitely more thick skinned than the snowflakes out, and could take a joke even if they didn't like it, and dish it out in turn. But I haven't been there since after the election, so maybe people have jumped ship.

They aren't overtly political. Sure, they aren't afraid to be unPC, but it's not that often.

Mac at least tries to incorporate himself into the show, playing along with the humour and that kind of thing but I’m not sure if Will Wheaton would be willing to do the same with some self deprecating humour like taking a ”Shut up, Wesley!” without acting like a prissy primadonna.
I don't follow their Star Trek stuff much, but don't they hate Wesley too? They might not have him even if he asked. Though it might be a good episode if they low key mocked him the whole time.

• Agree
Reactions: Pickle Inspector

Munchingonfish

kiwifarms.net
No no. Tabletop games.

He's the face of international tabletop day. (EDIT: or at least he was in the past, maybe not much today - https://www.tabletopday.com/)

In the game smash up, he's the head of the geek faction that they released as a tabletop day promo.
View attachment 1182883
That web show got cancelled years ago and The Big Bang Theory is over. He'll need something to pay for each Nintendo Switch color variant.

• Informative
Reactions: Flexo

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
That web show got cancelled years ago and The Big Bang Theory is over. He'll need something to pay for each Nintendo Switch color variant.
I hadn't watched it in awhile and hadn't heard it stopped.

So great, we are all doomed.

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
The only reason they'd get Will on the show would be to do the "Shut up Wesley!" joke and both Mike and Rich would want to do it at least once if not a dozen times each. I'd love an episode where he shows up and every single time he opens his mouth one of them does it to him and he never gets more then a couple of words out.

Tags
None