Red Letter Media -

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

KrewlKween

It's a Krewl Krewl Summer
kiwifarms.net
Mike's buffet analogy was spot on but I was thinking the whole time why tf is he using fried chicken as an example? Fried foods are the first to go. Then Jay made that point for me. I thought the valentine movie looked good but that's probably just because it's fine in tiny bites like that. Guessing it's a neat plot with a sloppy or cringy execution.

Dixieland Buckaroo

A 12-piece bucket o' trouble
kiwifarms.net
Mike's buffet analogy was spot on but I was thinking the whole time why tf is he using fried chicken as an example? Fried foods are the first to go. Then Jay made that point for me. I thought the valentine movie looked good but that's probably just because it's fine in tiny bites like that. Guessing it's a neat plot with a sloppy or cringy execution.
He was probably hungry for Chunky's Chicken.

knightlautrec

kiwifarms.net
Man, it's obvious that Mike still wants to love Trek and still has a passion for it & still wants to love it like it's the old. Rich, just watches it because his best friend still watches it and does so to maintain the past connection they had. That is why Rich is the best friend one could hope for in life.
He's a good man Rich Evans. 10 outta 10 would husband.

But I understand Mike's clinging to Star Trek - I gave up utterly on Star Wars but Trek still has a somewhat niche following and potential that could still be utilised to make a good show. But the issue is they keep giving it to untalented fucking hacks who don't understand the show or it's appeal at all to original fans. Or understand basic storytelling. I'm not sure what current writers are doing but they seem to just spew hot liquid shit and go 'that'll do - add in heavy handed commentary from our ~current times~ and done'.

Poor Mike just spends this episode trying to understand the hot liquid shit but you can't get through the mire, Mike. You just can't. It doesn't make sense. It's like that scene with the horse in Never-ending Story.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
Man, it's obvious that Mike still wants to love Trek and still has a passion for it & still wants to love it like it's the old. Rich, just watches it because his best friend still watches it and does so to maintain the past connection they had.
I wouldn't think too deeply on this. They make an internet review show, and Trek is an excellent source of material for entertaining reviews.

BlankSpaceBaby

Screaming crying perfect storms
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't think too deeply on this. They make an internet review show, and Trek is an excellent source of material for entertaining reviews.
THANK YOU. The way that RLM fans often treat the three men like faultless, deep-thinking messiahs with neverending profound insight (don't you DARE criticize them) can be obnoxious.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
THANK YOU. The way that RLM fans often treat the three men like faultless, deep-thinking messiahs with neverending profound insight (don't you DARE criticize them) can be obnoxious.
They're not messiahs, and there's plenty to criticize them about (it's kind of ridiculous how they wave off any issues with reboots and sequel/reboots fucking with established lore), but I think it's obvious that Mike and to a lesser degree Rich are more emotionally invested in Trek than in any other franchise. Mike, for all his cynicism (whether it's genuine or part of an internet persona) is shockingly resistant to the notion that Trek is a decayed corpse at this point, and I think some of the praise he heaped on The Motion Picture was downright silly -- for instance, loving the new uniforms when they're so visually unintersting the characters disappear into the beige and eccru sets.

BlankSpaceBaby

Screaming crying perfect storms
kiwifarms.net
They're not messiahs, and there's plenty to criticize them about (it's kind of ridiculous how they wave off any issues with reboots and sequel/reboots fucking with established lore), but I think it's obvious that Mike and to a lesser degree Rich are more emotionally invested in Trek than in any other franchise. Mike, for all his cynicism (whether it's genuine or part of an internet persona) is shockingly resistant to the notion that Trek is a decayed corpse at this point, and I think some of the praise he heaped on The Motion Picture was downright silly -- for instance, loving the new uniforms when they're so visually unintersting the characters disappear into the beige and eccru sets.
Well, someone's feeling defensive. Must have hit a nerve.

Tags
None