Red Letter Media -

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would have preferred a good Star Trek show. But I'll take these RLM reviews as consolation.

How does someone like Alex Kurtzman get to have so much power in the first place? At least Lucas had Star Wars and JJ had Lost.
I assume he got it through connections, similar to Benioff and Weiss of Game of Thrones. Get your foot in the door with a rich daddy or some familial / friend network into the entertainment industry, do a few moderately successful projects, land a plumb franchise, burn it to the ground. I can't remember the name, but there'a a high school out in California where the children of a lot of big time industry professionals -- actors and behind the camera types both -- where a lot of these latter day Hollywood douchebags got to know each other.

• Thunk-Provoking
  • Informative
Reactions: ditto and Flexo

Guts Gets Some

Herbie is bae
kiwifarms.net
I've been noticing something terrifying lately, rewatching everything Star Wars related from them now that it's all available at once.

Jay defends Daisy Ridley and Rey in almost every video. He's subtle about it, but obviously adamant on her NOT BEING A SUE in any movie, and then he also knew that factoid about one of her first roles being a cadaver....

Yeah, Jay has the hots for Daisy Ridley.

Last edited:

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been noticing something terrifying lately, rewatching everything Star Wars related from them now that it's all available at once.

Jay defends Daisy Ridley and Rey in almost every video. He's subtle about it, but obviously adamant on her NOT BEING A SUE in any movie, and then he also knew that factoid about one of her first roles being a cadaver....

Yeah, Jay has the hots for Daisy Ridley.
I mean, she probably gives great head. Why else do you think she got hired?

ZMOT

kiwifarms.net
He's subtle about it
don't forget the whole "haha lame ass internet nazi trolls man, imagine getting worked up over nerd shit!" - nigga where do you think you are?

...Man, that says a lot about Jay and his type, huh?
nothing wrong with having a waifu, but man he needs to tone it down. for one to hide his powerlevel, and more importantly to hide having shit taste.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Interesting that I have no idea going into this whether they like this movie or not.

I like Cabin Fever pretty good, although you have to keep it in context of horror dvds lining the shelves of Hollywood Video circa the 2000s and how much better it was than the absolute dreck that it shared shelf space with, even if it may not be an all time classic.

Definitely looking forward to hearing what Mike and Jay have to say about it.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I was thoroughly amused by all the clips they played so even though it's been a while since I've seen the movie myself count me in the pro-Cabin Fever camp.

Yes there is a tonal clash, but that's just what makes the movie unique and the dialog is just realistic to the way college kids in the early 2000s would have talked, that's a lot more honesty that you'd see in a movie today.

View attachment 1206818

They say this is random but isn't that the pancake kid post biting dumb jock guy?
That's pretty clearly Dennis and the implication is that whoever that is going to inject him with something that will kill him since he's infected.

FernandoPooTragedy

Everyone is exceptional!
kiwifarms.net
TBH, Cabin Fever is one of those movies that I want to like, that I like in theory. But... uh... Nope. Can't do it. The dialogue just sets my teeth on edge. Also I can't stand looking at some of the actors. Every single one except Not Racist Santa Claus and Rider Strong have the most punchable faces in existence. Including Dennis. Especially Dennis.

Also the movie is that level of "self aware" that is, in fact, just smug IMHO.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
TBH, Cabin Fever is one of those movies that I want to like, that I like in theory. But... uh... Nope. Can't do it. The dialogue just sets my teeth on edge. Also I can't stand looking at some of the actors. Every single one except Not Racist Santa Claus and Rider Strong have the most punchable faces in existence. Including Dennis. Especially Dennis.

Also the movie is that level of "self aware" that is, in fact, just smug IMHO.
I liked Hostel 1 and 2. I've hated everything else by Roth.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He didn't direct those movies you schmuck. That was Rodriguez and Tarantino. SMDH.
...oh.

Well, they both start with "R."

Sorry.

EDIT: In my (meagre) defense, Roth did direct the fake trailer for Thanksgiving, and since those fake trailers were far and away the best part of Grindhouse, he still did something for that movie that was better than Death Proof. (hides again)

Last edited:
Tags
None