Red Letter Media -

samuraicrack

INTERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
kiwifarms.net
Hearing Mike talk about Endgame makes me think that it’s gonna be the last MCU movie they bother seeing or reviewing. In all honesty I think I might be done with Marvel movies after it too. I don’t even think I’ll go see Spiderman unless people go apeshit over how great it is.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
Not going to lie, I couldn't make it through the Aquaman review. I usually like RLM's reviews but a chunk of it was just family guy tier Superfriends jokes and acting like it's an edgy reboot of some gag character.
Their joke about "Jango Fett's hairpiece" was pretty funny.

I think there just isn't much to talk about with Aquaman. It was a boring, serviceable action fantasy movie where things happen to characters who do stuff. The only thing remarkable about it was its $8 billion special effects budget. The most poignant criticism Mike and Jay could make was the early 2000s rom-com music.

Sort of like with Captain Marvel. If they were only talking about the movie their review would've been ten minutes long. That's why most of this video was them making fun of Brie Larson's sneering rants instead of anything actually in the movie.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Hearing Mike talk about Endgame makes me think that it’s gonna be the last MCU movie they bother seeing or reviewing. In all honesty I think I might be done with Marvel movies after it too. I don’t even think I’ll go see Spiderman unless people go apeshit over how great it is.
Can't say that I don't have the similar feelings.

I think the Spider-Man movies are going to be the only MCU movies I'll go see in theaters after Endgame. I am admittedly biased for Spider-Man. I'm at least going to see Far From Home.

For a while, after how much I adored Infinity War, I told people that when this storyline was done, that I'd also be interested in checking out any Thor movies (because Ragnarok and Infinity War rejuvenated my interest in Thor), and any Guardians of the Galaxy sequels. Now that I'm more convinced that Chris Hemsworth is done with the MCU, and now that James Gunn is gone, my interest for those movies is now gone.

If Captain Marvel is any indication of how the "cosmic stuff" is being handled without James Gunn at the helm (as it was originally planned before he got exceptional on Twitter and got fired from Disney), then the MCU is in big trouble.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As usual, Jay shows himself to be the only guy ever to approach Current Year culture war shit with a clear mind and level head. It's nice seeing him tackle the "controversy" without coming across as some buttmad sperg.
I was so happy to hear Jay's take on it. He's completely right, both sides of the Captain Marvel "debate" are idiots. The idiots who are championing it as the greatest thing for feminism since women gained the right to vote are deluded, and the butthurt neckbeards who are taking it as an attack on men everywhere are morons.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Spoderman isnt realy MCU atm. same goes for the X-nonbinarys

Reactions: 2odastream

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
Should we bring back the RLM salt thread? I have a feeling
For reasons I still don't fully comprehend, woke media didn't pretend this movie was somehow anything but bog-standard capeshit (unlike the Black Panther last year), and as a result I think less people are going to get their panties in a bunch over RLM boiling their opinion down to Mike lukewarmingly recommending it and Jay calling it boring.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
kiwifarms.net
Is "Fist of Sunshine" a Wez / Road Warrior cosplayer, or does he...she...look that exceptional in h/er daily life?

Reactions: 2odastream

Commander X

kiwifarms.net
Imagine being so mad at Mike's lukewarm reception of a superhero movie. This particular thread is filled with people soiling their pants and crying and stomping their feet that RLM is misogynist and toxic for having the nerve to not fully enjoy PRODUCT.

These people are literally this attitude

but absolutely serious.

From the way they're reacting, you'd think these people never watched an RLM video before and now there's a slight divergence from their acceptable opinions it's cry-time.

The OP is one of the more obnoxious "video game analysis" Youtubers and like most of the people in that thread they have bios like these
Maker of Organic, Artisanal Video Essays About Interactive Media
| Regret Elemental | (he/him) |
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/errantsignal
"Um, seriously, "Riffing on z-grade schlock" is punching down - real film criticism punches up, go educate yourself, sweety."

Last edited:

Lackadaisy

chew jew
kiwifarms.net
lol Campster. This is the guy who bullied one of his co-hosts off a group Let's Play he appears on (it's called Spoiler Warning), because the guy in question, Shamus, wouldn't ban one of his fans who had the temerity to discuss things from the villain's point of view when they were playing Life is Strange. He is the soyboy stereotype incarnate.
Spoiler Warning was my jam as a high school / college student. The schism was really a dual effort by Campster and another host - both of which had a history of being whiny babies. One of the other hosts would actually sperg out whenever someone would talk in the Plinkett voice, so Campster's circle has always been pretty terrible outside of Shamus.

Ponderous Pillock

Perfectly Presidential
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The promotion for Black Panther, while just a tad "virtue signal-y," wasn't exclusionary. I don't recall people from the Black Panther cast saying "This movie wasn't made for white people." For the most part, the exceptional people behind Black Panther were its hardcore SJW fanbase, and not so much Marvel. The same thing kind of happened with Warner Bros. and Wonder Woman: WB didn't act exceptional for promo, but some of the SJW fans acted exceptional with the movie.

And, yeah, I'm pretty certain that Marvel Studios and Disney knew that they had an underwhelming and weak movie with this one, hence the release date being so close to Endgame, the promo saying that we all needed to watch this before Endgame, and the pandering (and self-congratulatory) feminism angle.

Disney made sure they weren't going to have another Solo on their hands, and so they took the proper steps to prevent that from happening again.
They also did proper promotion about Black Panther and how to sell it. There was a media blitz in the UK as there were a number of British Actors in the cast. All of whom spoke with genuine excitement about being in such a heavily black led movie, but that it was still a movie that everyone could go and enjoy. Even the usually woke BBC via The One Show spoke with how cool it was to be a black-led movie and how it was awesome to see so many people in these sorts of roles that are as rare as hen's teeth.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
lol Campster. This is the guy who bullied one of his co-hosts off a group Let's Play he appears on (it's called Spoiler Warning), because the guy in question, Shamus, wouldn't ban one of his fans who had the temerity to discuss things from the villain's point of view when they were playing Life is Strange. He is the soyboy stereotype incarnate.
Oh man. I ran down the reactions. From the patreon announcement.
Second, creating a space where almost any idea can be discussed and debated does not attract the most possible people; it attracts the people most interested in debating a wide variety of differing opinions. Widening the net of possible topics doesn’t mean you widen the number of people who will feel welcome. For the people who aren’t interested in ever dealing with the occasional outrageous discussion thread that we’ve all seen in the past, there aren’t a lot of options for engaging with the community aside from “don’t bother with comments at all.” This has been a significant issue for me, because over the past year both friends and acquaintances have expressed to me that they like the show, and used to engage with the website, but that the way some comment threads have gone has made them feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

Well let's see... his patreon:

Shamus?

Don't forget our boys. ;)

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino