reddit General -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

xXPurple_ShrekXx

FALSE and LYING fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd love it if the mobile app let me filter out the shitty politic subs. A bunch of privileged teenagers shrieking they're living under a dictator just gets so fucking dull.
Especially the commie spam. Everyone shrieks about the big bad alt-right but you go to any r/politcs, r/worldnews or any other thread and every single comment that doesn't agree with their far-left thinking is heavily downvoted, maybe there's even someone replying "Yikes" below it. Why do they not realize the alt-left is doing exactly the thing they're afraid of?

Nekromantik2

Putting the fun in funeral.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>work 20 years
>have half of them off but get paid anyway
>be completely fucking useless and unable to do anything
>be completely impossible to fire because union and black woman
>bitch and complain anyway despite being better off than most workers

Also who the fuck sees a doctor for a headache, it's called aspirin, bitch, it isn't expensive.
My mom was a teacher and we got medical and dental coverage. I don't know what the reddit post is talking about. The only reason she retired as soon as she could was she was tired of dealing with shit kids and shitter parents.

Reactions: LatinasAreTheFuture

Dr. Studman M.D.

Oh, dang, you done gave one lil' ol' reggroll.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah my Reddit account is just for a handful of video game subs and only that. I don't talk about politics when the dumb commie shit or TDS seeps in, and I don't get into stupid arguments over nothing.
Some video game subs can be good, but just stay away from game subs that have board audience. Find dedicated ones for games you like the more niche the game is the better. Still stay away from titles that are salt mines like fall out, world of Warcraft, and Diablo just to new a few. Like most women I only really play games about doing chores, getting married, and having children so those subs tend to be chill.

Especially the commie spam. Everyone shrieks about the big bad alt-right but you go to any r/politcs, r/worldnews or any other thread and every single comment that doesn't agree with their far-left thinking is heavily downvoted, maybe there's even someone replying "Yikes" below it. Why do they not realize the alt-left is doing exactly the thing they're afraid of?
r/politicalcompassmemes is the only passable political sub, imo. Just shit posting, self awareness, and mad posting getting downvoted. Like this thread which is the top post of all time that devolved into people spamming nigger. It’s not going to last very long, though.

Last edited:

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New to this thread, but still wanted to vent out.

Is it just me or is Reddit a magnet for assholes? Nothing, In particular, comes to mind, but it just seems like I can't share a harmless opinion like "I don't like this game feature/episode or something as simple as "I like this character", without someone a-logging you.

And I'm not even talking about the "controversial" subreddits like The_donald r/latestagecapitalism or r/Kotakuinaction, but even those about tv shows or mobile games. Also, most moderators are very authoritarian on Reddit. If you disagree with the main circlejerk or don't act submissive, you get a ban. And then they block you from the moderation inbox so you can't appeal. What's up with that?

It's gotten to the point I only lurk and, for the sake of my sanity, I only use my account for asking questions for games. It's just very tiring to share even tame opinions as I dread how someone will try to twist them to try to ruin my day.

You would think it's because Reddit is anonymous, but this site is also anonymous. And, despite all the negative fame the farms have, I've personally been amazed about how nice most of the regular users are here.

An opinion I share here on the media forum, to my surprise, could have a lot of positive reactions, while the exact same thing on Reddit, would have someone going crazy on me for criticizing some show. Sometimes with moderators blessing.
I've had a theory that the karma system makes everyone who gets involved low-key salty, which just breeds assholes upon assholes. It's amazing how a simple number can fuck with you. KF stickers don't have that effect because they give more detailed feedback, like how a post worthy of Dumb or Mad on the Internet is completely different than a post worthy of just Autistic. On Reddit, the downvote button's used for everything from a "fuck you" to "I disagree". If you even ask a question and the answer is "no", you'll get downvoted as idiots'll treat it as a "yes/no" button. But, we're humans, and we're tuned to expect the worst possible scenario surrounding something vaguely negative, which adds to the impact of a downvote greatly.

That, along with how common vote manipulation is, really tells me that Reddit's like that by design. The irritating cutesy mascot and flavor text that's always been around the website, talking itself up like it's a big friendly community, juxtaposed with the authoritarian bullshit you'll encounter when you actually try to contribute filters out anyone unwilling to adapt to their fiefdom, leaving only the malleable and distraught, willing to consoom product, as that's the only way they can gain acceptance among their new "friends".

Tealeaf

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've had a theory that the karma system makes everyone who gets involved low-key salty, which just breeds assholes upon assholes. It's amazing how a simple number can fuck with you. KF stickers don't have that effect because they give more detailed feedback, like how a post worthy of Dumb or Mad on the Internet is completely different than a post worthy of just Autistic. On Reddit, the downvote button's used for everything from a "fuck you" to "I disagree". If you even ask a question and the answer is "no", you'll get downvoted as idiots'll treat it as a "yes/no" button. But, we're humans, and we're tuned to expect the worst possible scenario surrounding something vaguely negative, which adds to the impact of a downvote greatly.

That, along with how common vote manipulation is, really tells me that Reddit's like that by design. The irritating cutesy mascot and flavor text that's always been around the website, talking itself up like it's a big friendly community, juxtaposed with the authoritarian bullshit you'll encounter when you actually try to contribute filters out anyone unwilling to adapt to their fiefdom, leaving only the malleable and distraught, willing to consoom product, as that's the only way they can gain acceptance among their new "friends".
Reddit’s relationship with upvotes, downvotes and karma is underlined by the fact Reddit uses a post’s upvote tally as the main sorting criteria. If you get downvoted you get buried. You disappear. Nobody hears you scream.

Kiwi ratings don’t make your posts any less visible.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
Private school teachers where I live make ~35k/yr starting pay, going up to 45-50 with experience or a degree. That's not an awful lot, but you get to work with the nicest and most white students possible. On the other hand, public school teachers make 50% more up to double what private school teachers do. Here in Paradise you're looking at 60k/yr starting out with just a Bachelor's degree and 80-90k with tenure to teach the disgusting gremlins in the public school system. In Los Angeles or another big city you're looking at even more. I've seen some teachers with salaries of 6 figures in the LA school district, and a starting community college teacher there with only a MA and no experience makes 80k if they're in one of the more "diverse" schools thanks to incentive pay, up to 100k+ with tenure.

Teacher pay in public schools is YUGE from the lowest levels to the highest, beating out basically every entry-level job outside of engineering fields. This occupational orangutan is just spending beyond her means.
It's incredibly dependent on state. Texas school districts go to Oklahoma job fairs to poach teachers because the ones in Oklahoma are paid so badly. But overall I agree.

The article mentioned a teacher who donates her plasma to stay afloat. She makes 55k a year!! She lives in a town where the median household income is 35k and the median personal income is 18k. This is absolutely directed towards wealthy coastal dwellers who think the whole world costs as much as NYC. If you can't live in fuckin Kentucky on 55k a year (and she's married so it's not her income alone) you are doing something wrong.

The really underpaid people are social workers.

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you approach reddit like the way I approach shitty fast food places, i.e. going in the restroom and piss all over the toilet paper, walls and upperdeck the toilet you'll feel a lot better.
Eh, trolling reddit isn't really that fun because they're all so fucking stupid they'll believe anything. It's about as satisfying as beating a crippled epileptic at baseball.

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
Eh, trolling reddit isn't really that fun because they're all so fucking stupid they'll believe anything. It's about as satisfying as beating a crippled epileptic at baseball.
But you have to admit, these people will rage out on you in amusing ways and it's much more ethical to troll them than to harass the physically disabled.

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

In conclusion, hoes mad
kiwifarms.net
You have to go for the slow burn crazy on that one. Let them think you're cool and then slide into the madness until they notice.

Reactions: brutal poodle

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They really are, especially the power users.

Something I noticed is how some of the snarkiest, mean spirited motherfuckers on all of Reddit have such densely packed post histories that you can tell when they go to bed and wake up. They're also the type to pop into smaller community subreddits for obscure shit and try to police people's language, or go OOF BAD TAKE YIKEZ or try to argue politics if someone off-hand mentions they're for anyone right-wing. Just, out of the blue, like they searched for certain terms just to find someone to fight, like a bumbling alcoholic on the street shouting at passerbys.

They tend to just get laughed at and told to fuck off, but what's amazing is there's just so many of them.

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
They really are, especially the power users.

Something I noticed is how some of the snarkiest, mean spirited motherfuckers on all of Reddit have such densely packed post histories that you can tell when they go to bed and wake up. They're also the type to pop into smaller community subreddits for obscure shit and try to police people's language, or go OOF BAD TAKE YIKEZ or try to argue politics if someone off-hand mentions they're for anyone right-wing. Just, out of the blue, like they searched for certain terms just to find someone to fight, like a bumbling alcoholic on the street shouting at passerbys.

They tend to just get laughed at and told to fuck off, but what's amazing is there's just so many of them.
Usually they have private subreddits and DM rings where they identify posts by "problematic" people and swarm them. It's one of the reasons why right-wing subs get shut down so quickly.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
You know, one particularly tactic that Redditors use is the "This is what you actually mean" tactic which is incredibly annoying.

Say if I said something like

Me: "Wow DSP surely is scamming his fans by making them pay for a mobile game "
Redditor"You are obviously a huge fan of DSP"
Me: That's literally the opposite of what I said.
Redditor: You obviously meant you are furious you are going through money problems, and you can't stop watching DSP so that makes you a fan.
Me: What?

It's like they try to hijack your opinion so that only they get to decide what you actually think, so you become their straw man that lets them look good.

Last edited:

MediocreMilt

It hurt itself in its confusion!
kiwifarms.net
You know, one particularly annoying tactic that Redditors use the is "This is what you actually mean" which is incredibly annoying.

Say if I said something like

Me: "Wow DSP surely is scamming his fans by making them pay for a mobile game "
Redditor"You are obviously a huge fan of DSP"
Me: That's literally the opposite of what I said.
Redditor: You obviously meant you are furious you are going through money problems, and you can't stop watching DSP so what makes you a fan.
Me: What?

It's like they try to hijack your opinion so that only they get to decide what you actually think.
You left out le Redditor's conspicuous use of "lol" in every comment to show how not mad he is.

7v5ghodjs8a41.jpg

also, r/watchredditdie pointed this out about reddit's press guidelines and it's semantic newspeak worth sharing
y661cn5s9nc41.png

they don't want to have to defend banning communities, so press are only to refer to sanctioned subs as such. paired with a quote from their brand guidelines, they know exactly what they're doing. "Experienced redditors call these communities ‘subreddits’, but that term is less well understood by a larger audience."
Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 12.20.36 PM.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Tags
reddit