reddit General -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

MediocreMilt

it was literally the best expression I could make
kiwifarms.net
Is there a /r/AskMen thread?
Quick search says no.

Just post what you have here unless you've got enough/are really willing to dedicate your time to making another OP.

r/polyamory and stuff involving reddit transexuals get their own threads because it's a constant trainwreck.

most other Reddit is probably fine right here

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
Quick search says no.

Just post what you have here unless you've got enough/are really willing to dedicate your time to making another OP.

r/polyamory and stuff involving reddit transexuals get their own threads because it's a constant trainwreck.

most other Reddit is probably fine right here
/r/femaledatingadvice (I think that's what it's called?) is also a constant trainwreck but I've been too lazy collecting screenies.

martin123

kiwifarms.net
Reddit’s relationship with upvotes, downvotes and karma is underlined by the fact Reddit uses a post’s upvote tally as the main sorting criteria. If you get downvoted you get buried. You disappear. Nobody hears you scream.

Kiwi ratings don’t make your posts any less visible.
If you get downvoted too much in a sub you get limited to being only able to post in that sub every 10 minutes. This doesn't apply to threads you start yourself, but it does apply to your own comment threads, so if you post an unpopular comment you won't really be able to respond effectively to the people attacking you. This is universal to Reddit, making every subreddit an echo chamber by design.

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
If you get downvoted too much in a sub you get limited to being only able to post in that sub every 10 minutes. This doesn't apply to threads you start yourself, but it does apply to your own comment threads, so if you post an unpopular comment you won't really be able to respond effectively to the people attacking you. This is universal to Reddit, making every subreddit an echo chamber by design.
As far as I know, this applies even if your ratio is just slightly below 0, and some subs seem to have the ability to enable it for anyone below a certain karma threshold. I've had it happen to me on positively-rated posts in lefty subs that were just not appropriate groupthink.

KiwiJoe

Called KiwiKike, KiwiJeff, etc. also bullied :c
kiwifarms.net
Has reddit ever unbanned a previously banned subreddit before? Like, EVER?
I don't think that would be possible or worthwhile. Whenever they ban a Subreddit, it's pretty much deleted unless you have specific webpage archives of it. Even if in theory Reddit does unban a banned Subreddit, it would most likely be in cleaned-out state at which point you're better off moving to a new Subreddit.

• Informative
Reactions: FuckedUp

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think that would be possible or worthwhile. Whenever they ban a Subreddit, it's pretty much deleted unless you have specific webpage archives of it. Even if in theory Reddit does unban a banned Subreddit, it would most likely be in cleaned-out state at which point you're better off moving to a new Subreddit.
As far as I know they do actually keep some archives of deleted content. Like user-deleted and mod-deleted posts.

KiwiJoe

kiwifarms.net
As far as I know they do actually keep some archives of deleted content. Like user-deleted and mod-deleted posts.
True, but at the same time most Subreddits get banned because Reddit wants them to get banned, more often than not. Although I can see an 'accidentally' banned Subreddit become unbanned.

Makes me wonder if a Quarantined Subreddit can be unquarantined.

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
True, but at the same time most Subreddits get banned because Reddit wants them to get banned, more often than not. Although I can see an 'accidentally' banned Subreddit become unbanned.

Makes me wonder if a Quarantined Subreddit can be unquarantined.
They keep post data for marketing and metadata sales I think. It's not out of any kind of sincere desire for history to be saved.

Is ChapoTrapHouse unquarantined? If anyone was going to come off the list it would be some faglord antifa sub.

KiwiJoe

kiwifarms.net
They keep post data for marketing and metadata sales I think. It's not out of any kind of sincere desire for history to be saved.

Is ChapoTrapHouse unquarantined? If anyone was going to come off the list it would be some faglord antifa sub.
No, it still is, and as long Chapocels keep being Chapocels, it will stay that way. Honestly I think it was one of the few good things Reddit has done considering that site is basically the Left-wing version of r/The_Donald.

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
No, it still is, and as long Chapocels keep being Chapocels, it will stay that way. Honestly I think it was one of the few good things Reddit has done considering that site is basically the Left-wing version of r/The_Donald.
They only did it after a possible member of the subreddit committed a mass shooting. It took them long enough.

Tealeaf

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can request access to otherwise inaccessible subreddits in Redditrequest. I think a few banned subs have got new moderators that way, becoming unbanned and unquarantined. Nothing too big though.

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
You can request access to otherwise inaccessible subreddits in Redditrequest. I think a few banned subs have got new moderators that way, becoming unbanned and unquarantined. Nothing too big though.
Time to request /r/violentacrez or /r/jailbait and test the limits of Reddit's patience.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Pissmaster

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
As far as I know, this applies even if your ratio is just slightly below 0, and some subs seem to have the ability to enable it for anyone below a certain karma threshold. I've had it happen to me on positively-rated posts in lefty subs that were just not appropriate groupthink.
It's the design of Reddit combined with the culture of Reddit. There's shit like masstagger and Discord servers full of unemployed NEETs who band together to downvote wrongthinkers.

Subreddit groupings devolve into their own circlejerking bubbles and everyone's afraid to venture outside of them.

Tags
reddit