reddit General -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).
It's the design of Reddit combined with the culture of Reddit. There's shit like masstagger and Discord servers full of unemployed NEETs who band together to downvote wrongthinkers.

Subreddit groupings devolve into their own circlejerking bubbles and everyone's afraid to venture outside of them.
Reddit is awful, and I hate that it has become the "default" forum for everything.

brutal poodle

kiwifarms.net
I don't think that would be possible or worthwhile. Whenever they ban a Subreddit, it's pretty much deleted unless you have specific webpage archives of it. Even if in theory Reddit does unban a banned Subreddit, it would most likely be in cleaned-out state at which point you're better off moving to a new Subreddit.
What about quarantined subreddits? Those can still be accessed and posted in, so they are pretty much unchanged.

scallion

kiwifarms.net

MediocreMilt

It hurt itself in its confusion!
kiwifarms.net
Stumbled upon a fucking whale of a tale via Twitter.
Couldn't find the thread searching Reddit, but this would be a lot of shit to fake
TL;DR: Man's daughter cheats on her boyfriend, attempts paternity fraud, gets found out, gets dumped, goes full "men are trash" because he wouldn't commit to a cheating whore, man's wife (daughter's mom) totally on daughter's side, r/relationships assumes jilted ex-boyfriend must be the asshole here, no sympathy for man whose family has become a massive trainwreck before his eyes:
thot1.png
thot2.jpegthot3.pngthot4.pngthot5.pngthot6.pngthot7.pngthot8.pngthot9.pngthot10.pngthot11.pngthot12.pngthot13.pngthot14.pngthot15.pngthot16.pngthot17.pngthot18.png

thot_final.png

Anybody disagree with this sentiment?

Boss Bass

kiwifarms.net
Reddit karma is even worse than the original karma system on slashdot, where you could whore it up to the max in less than a week with zero effort posts and shit like just quoting the first paragraph of the linked article.
I couldn’t disagree more.

First, slashdot had no “total post score”, leading to people caring less about their accounts
Second, posts topped out at 5 points
Third, there was meta-moderation to punish you for voting up shit.

I’m not going to claim slashdot was some bastion of intelligent posting, but at least they tried to have a moderation system. Reddit’s system encourages exactly the behaviour you see there, a steady homogination of all posters.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I couldn’t disagree more.

First, slashdot had no “total post score”, leading to people caring less about their accounts
Second, posts topped out at 5 points
Third, there was meta-moderation to punish you for voting up shit.
I'm not talking about posts or voting up other people's posts, I'm talking about the threshold where you could either up your own posts by 1 automatically or not. You could get to that threshold easily.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
http://archive.li/PlAdu

I have a question - I am not a nurse, but I just had a very odd painful blood draw today and wanted to ask if this is normal procedure or am I overreacting?

Im 22 and I need blood tests every 3 months to keep an eye on my hormone levels (most of my hormones all over the place). Never had any issues with any blood test, been told my veins are easy to find etc. I admire all the phlebotomists for how amazingly efficient and sweet they always are. (The blood draws here are done by phlebotomists, who dont have a nursing background, they do about a year long phlebotomy course).

Today (30min ago) I sat down as usual for a blood draw and the phlebotomist (never had her before) was a very sweet kind lady, but I was mortified when I watched the needle go in and it was a split second before she had jammed the whole 1.5 inch needle in my arm. She really just kind of shoved it in there real quick, all the way up to the plastic end. It wasnt the usual small pinch and like always, only the tip or a lil extra inserted. No blood came for a few seconds so she moved it around a little and it was ok then. It was a nasty sting and I was just freaked out a bit cause the whole thing was right in there (not a butterfly needle, this was a larger/thicker needle cause I needed many ampules drawn, similar needle to when I had IVs put in before, and the IVs also never required the whole needle to be inserted before for me either) and I was paranoid that it would break off and we wouldnt be able to fish it out lol

As she inserted the needle, she also kind of jerked/tugged the whole thing upwards in my skin, like to stretch my skin upwards or something? Either way, it was not pleasant at all and I was trying to act nonchalantly but I was nauseous and concerned that she will do some damage. I also noticed that usually the nurses palpate for the vein first but she never did, just tourniquet, alcohol swab and then needle. No gloves or sanitizer either. Is this ok? I know for vaccines no one ever used gloves on me so Im wondering if its not a requirement for blood draws either (although my blood draws in the past were done with gloves).
She was a slightly older lady, about 60 Im guessing so Im wondering if this is just an older technique or am I overreacting? My arm is pretty painful and I have a stinging kind of shooting pain, but nothing else. A slight bruise too but thats always the case. Never have any pain after my usual blood draws though. Im scared to come back in 3 months lol! I feel a bit nauseous having this image in my head haha. Please do tell me if Im being just being a baby
Thank you so much!
Reddit user _chad_thundercock_69 is freaking out about this whole "needle" thing and is not having it

Boy, I wonder what kind of indication you need to visit your provider quarterly to get your hormone levels checked

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: FuckedUp

Nachtalb

kiwifarms.net
Why is it so hard for redditors not to insert themselves into every little thing? You could be in a wholesome sub watching videos about puppies and you'll still find some dolt writing out their entire life story in the comments. "Haha that's cute. I remember back in the late 70's when my friend's third cousin's dog used to.." Shut up, no one cares.

And its rating system is the cancer that breeds these autists.Insightful discussions are damn near impossible.Either you're walking on eggshells trying not to offend some snowflake in their "safe space " or you'll come across some edgelord.
It makes KF look like a daycare in comparison.

KiwiJoe

Called KiwiKike, KiwiJeff, etc. also bullied :c
kiwifarms.net
Why is it so hard for redditors not to insert themselves into every little thing? You could be in a wholesome sub watching videos about puppies and you'll still find some dolt writing out their entire life story in the comments. "Haha that's cute. I remember back in the late 70's when my friend's third cousin's dog used to.." Shut up, no one cares.

And its rating system is the cancer that breeds these autists.Insightful discussions are damn near impossible.Either you're walking on eggshells trying not to offend some snowflake in their "safe space " or you'll come across some edgelord.
It makes KF look like a daycare in comparison.
I used to browse r/WhoWouldWin before. It was a Subreddit where you type up a prompt between (usually) fictional characters fighting and who would win. IE: New 52 Superman vs Doctor Manhatton or something. It was pretty autistic at times but the effortposts where people analyzed the characters' feats and try to calculate on who would was entertaining enough.

However there was also a lot of posts where people would just write: "You with a random superpower versus Goku" and then linking it with a superpower wiki randomizer to see what article (aka power) you got. It wasn't really that fun and yet they were super popular for some reason. I don't know if they still are though. Plus they don't make sense since those superpowers don't have much feats on their own.

Bonus points if a troon got a pretty troon-y power like Succubus physiology or something.

Tags
reddit