reddit General -

Doctor Placebo

Western education is sin.
kiwifarms.net
This part gets me:
View attachment 1420125

Okay, where? The USA? China? Africa? Earth?
Racial majority means white people. That's it. Majority doesn't ever actually mean majority when these people say it. If it did, women wouldn't be a minority.

What they really mean by "majority" is groups they perceive as having systemic power, according to what leftist university professors and Hollywood preach. Except when all the media outlets and companies are saying that you can't call the groups without systemic power subhuman, but you can call the groups with systemic power subhuman, the contradiction and nonsensical double think about who supposedly has systemic power becomes obvious. It's a weird white supremacist structure we're supposedly living under where most of our powerful institutions say it's okay to discriminate against white people in ways that are unacceptable against other races. If these groups supposedly hold systemic power, why the fuck is the system saying it's okay to discriminate against them, and them alone? That's not a question they can afford for too many people to ask. Which is why they use the word "majority" instead of saying groups with systemic power, even when those groups aren't actually a majority in many of the places these rules are applied to. To cover it up with a layer of obfuscation.

White people aren't a majority in Compton or South Africa (they don't have systemic power in South Africa any more either), but I doubt they're going to crack down on black hate speech from either of those places any time soon.

Calculus

kiwifarms.net

Pol Pots Pooter

kiwifarms.net
Its under liberals that Silicon Valley big tech and media was able to flourish in California anyway, their loyalty to them was bound to happen anyway. Also when the far-left gets into power, counter-thought and free speech are the first to go. Look at the start of the USSR or French Revolution.
Although, after all the talk that Trump was propped into power by the Russians, I have to go back to wondering if he was propped into power by the left as a real life straw man.
Keeping this relevant to Reddit, it's been a priority target for lefty useful idiots since...at least 2013, that I can remember. Back when r/politics banned a bunch of left-wing trash opinion sites. Idpol came into play with the Fappening, and the fat and MRA subreddits. And the results have followed the obvious trend of "complain the site is too right wing, force staff and mods to move left, repeat" since.

Just never mind each one of those ban/suspension waves hasn't really made the site more left or right, just more "advertiser-friendly" with a double scoop of lies over the top. It's the same shit that's been going on at Youtube for the last three years, every time there's an adpocalypse or controversy, the site always "reforms" friendlier towards major corporations and advertisers, not towards any particular political leaning.

But that's the thing. You gotta stop looking at this through a left-right lens. Follow the money and watch to see who's materially benefiting. The "left" isn't the cause of this shit, they're a tool for it.

kpXV8f8W4YzKCiZL

kiwifarms.net
But that's the thing. You gotta stop looking at this through a left-right lens. Follow the money and watch to see who's materially benefiting. The "left" isn't the cause of this shit, they're a tool for it.
The problem is that they're "just a tool" that's willing to go after your job and get you unpersoned any way they can.
You're absolutely right they're not giving the orders, but they're still the ones pointing weapons at you.

Fangsofjeff

♡ i like corn ♡
kiwifarms.net
No idea, maybe spilling onto too much of the board. There were some theories that the admin is trans but never proven. They had a shortlived containment board and a vote (which the admin then ignored) then all the GC users migrated to crystal.cafe.

There’s a longer write-up on it here:
Lmfao at the anti-male paranoia over there. I guess it was also present on lolcow, though.
Untitled.png

Untitled.png

> gender roles are bad
> you have to follow gender roles when it comes to speech, posting like a male (whatever that means) is grounds for a ban

Pick one.

Last edited:

Calculus

kiwifarms.net
Lmfao at the anti-male paranoia over there. I guess it was also present on lolcow, though.
View attachment 1420207
I've been accused of being male by GCs before, it's always funny when it happens.

View attachment 1420217
> gender roles are bad
> you have to follow gender roles when it comes to speech, posting like a male (whatever that means) is grounds for a ban

Pick one.
Gender roles say women should stay at home, like pink, etc. Posting like a man means posting things that aren’t common to women’s experiences such as going on about false rape statistics (way more women don’t report than make up accusations so women are unlikely to do this). They aren’t saying “women should write this way” but that “women generally experience the world this way due to their biology and therefore are more likely to write this way”.

You usually can tell the male posters easily as they make pretty poor trolling attempts. Saying that, some users do take it too far sometimes and accuse anyone that remotely disagrees with them as being male.

AnAccount

kiwifarms.net
Racial majority means white people. That's it. Majority doesn't ever actually mean majority when these people say it. If it did, women wouldn't be a minority.

What they really mean by "majority" is groups they perceive as having systemic power, according to what leftist university professors and Hollywood preach. Except when all the media outlets and companies are saying that you can't call the groups without systemic power subhuman, but you can call the groups with systemic power subhuman, the contradiction and nonsensical double think about who supposedly has systemic power becomes obvious. It's a weird white supremacist structure we're supposedly living under where most of our powerful institutions say it's okay to discriminate against white people in ways that are unacceptable against other races. If these groups supposedly hold systemic power, why the fuck is the system saying it's okay to discriminate against them, and them alone? That's not a question they can afford for too many people to ask. Which is why they use the word "majority" instead of saying groups with systemic power, even when those groups aren't actually a majority in many of the places these rules are applied to. To cover it up with a layer of obfuscation.

White people aren't a majority in Compton or South Africa (they don't have systemic power in South Africa any more either), but I doubt they're going to crack down on black hate speech from either of those places any time soon.
lmao, that's straight up doublespeak

CR4E

kiwifarms.net
I have two major theories as to what actually caused reddit to grow shittier over time.
Ignoring the big picture for the moment (the worldwidesocjus revolution) I'm going to attempt to answer why reddit seemingly had a really hard time staving it off.

1) Edgelords use adblock

As a general rule the left-libertarian dudes who tended to be the majority of reddit ~2008-2012 were reasonably tech-savy and more importantly abhorred ads.
Many people point out that Reddit is now essentially an over-complicated marketing company, this meant that while the founders may have had genuinely good intent (which I doubt) they would still have little financial reason to support users like this.
I personally believe this spilled out into other areas, publishers switched woke not to "go broke" but to chase after the small amount of ad-revenue that could be gained from a less technically savvy audience that's less likely to use adblockers. I believe this is the mechanism that makes it not translate to other markets (Gillette).
This may be controversial but the social justice takover of reddit was a coordinated action. The "Fempire" (ShitRedditSays) was essentially the old againsthatesubbreddits.
This couldn't have gone unnoticed by the admins, and there were certainly accusations of admins participating but I hadn't come across any proof.
I never thought of the ad block angle before but it makes so much fucking sense. White 20-something women are probably the most loud social justice posters on the Internet. Have you ever met a white woman in her 20s that uses ad block? I've met exactly one. And it's because I installed it for her. I was tired of being called over to watch YouTube videos just to be hit in the face with ads.

Doctor Placebo

Western education is sin.
kiwifarms.net
I never thought of the ad block angle before but it makes so much fucking sense. White 20-something women are probably the most loud social justice posters on the Internet. Have you ever met a white woman in her 20s that uses ad block? I've met exactly one. And it's because I installed it for her. I was tired of being called over to watch YouTube videos just to be hit in the face with ads.
Exactly. This is why wokeness is so hip with large corporations. Because the biggest advocates for it are voracious, technologically unsavvy consoomers, while its biggest critics are a bunch of adblocking shitposters who sale the seven seas to keelhaul a lot of their media products. That and the shadowy billionaires throwing money at this shit, of course. But stating that corporate wokeness comes down to money should be obvious.

Pol Pots Pooter

kiwifarms.net
The problem is that they're "just a tool" that's willing to go after your job and get you unpersoned any way they can.
You're absolutely right they're not giving the orders, but they're still the ones pointing weapons at you.
No disagreement here, but what it does mean is you have to keep cause separate from effect, and attack the former not the latter. The money's going to flow regardless and a new group of disposable, useful idiots is always waiting around the corner as long as there's clout on the line, and if Reddit craters some other site is in the pipes to get built or astroturfed to high-traffic, pozzed, and euthanized if its user base are undesirables. Just mad-dogging the left isn't going to get the desired results, and in most ways will simply be counter-productive as it's the behavior you're intended to engage in.

Tags
reddit