• ”DON'T MAKE ME ASSUME MY ULTIMATE FORM!”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

Reddit's Trans Community

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by Real Mayun, Aug 6, 2017.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  1. I don't know about that. There was a legitimate research report from a while ago that found that the sudden spike in this kind of behavior seemed to come from peer groups in teen girls. I think that the underlying behavior to step outside of societal norms or bounds exists, but the way in which in manifests changes over time. I recall when I was younger there was a similar degree of worry over teenage girls getting involved in witchcraft because that had reached some level of cultural awareness and popularity.

The main difference is that teenage girls playing with Ouija boards or doing stiff as a feather light as a board in their rooms at sleepovers were far less likely to inflict longterm damage as the people toying around with this shit. I think that eventually this will die down, because the next generation will embrace something else instead of this idiocy, but there's going to be a lot of longterm suffering and remorse over this shit. As the saying goes, if you can't be a good example, you can always serve as a horrible warning.

• Feels Feels x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Social contagion, definitely. The other reason is mostly pre-existing social anxiety and poor self-esteem coming from gender nonconforming behavior, thoughts, or interests.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Wallace

Wallace Cram it in me, baby!

kiwifarms.net
  3. What keeps confusing me is that the people screeching the loudest against a Gender Binary (a thing that only they are sensitive enough to perceive) are also largely the ones being emotionally supported by social media propagating their arbitrary checklists for "gender conformance" from one self-isolated hugbox to another. The larger picture may well match models of social hysteria, maybe even some of the more cult-like religious movements. But the more I see of transtrenderism, the more it reminds me of delusional ideation and the less I see of gender dysphoria.

tl,dr: If the gender of your self-image isn't the same two days running, and that causes problems in your life, that isn't "gender-fluidity"; that's mental instability. I don't care if BuzzFeed or Vox says otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. What’s the best way i can help a trans kid who isn’t mine?
    https://archive.fo/CzHCT

Letting a teenage girl walk around topless to own the bigots :cryblood:

Just facilitating the trooning of a teenage girl against the wishes of her parents, nbd
    Seems to be a woman poster so it's slightly less creepy than I first thought, but there's a lot of boundaries that are being pushed here. This lady is nuts :cryblood:

• Islamic Content Islamic Content x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Mr. A. L. Mao

Mr. A. L. Mao Has the inclinations to...mount women

kiwifarms.net
  5. That parent needs to be reported to the police. You can't decide to purchase restraints for another person's child and binders cause costochondritis and damage to the ribs. What in the actual fuck? This woman doesn't know this kids medical history at all but is so sure she's on "the right side of history" she'll completely override parental boundaries.

Also allowing a female teen you are not related to walk around your house topless is sketchy as all fuck.

• Agree Agree x 14
    #1966 GoutCrystals, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    kiwifarms.net
  6. I thought it was already established that they've thrown the possibility of any and all medical side effects under the bus when the skin-graft surgery was invented?

Besides, they think that it's important to convert normal people into troons while their young. Otherwise dysphoria-induced suicide wil probably (not) happen.

• Feels Feels x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  7. You especially should not be wearing binders while you're still growing. In addition to rib damage, it can also seriously fuck up your spine. You should not be suggesting binders to randos who have no clue about any of this shit. Without proper information this kid is probably going overbind and develop chest infections, going to put the thing on wrong and damage the breasts and skin, fucking up their future surgical results assuming they ever have a mastectomy, and increasing the risk of cancer if they don't.

You can't just throw these things at a kid and say "yeah, go wild".

• Agree Agree x 10
    NoFeline

NoFeline im intersex i have both uwu

kiwifarms.net
  8. Troons don't care. All they care about is their own satisfaction and convincing themselves they're right and whoever gets hurt in the process is meaningless to them because they're narcissistic sociopaths.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Feels Feels x 4
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  9. A couple of months ago, the Brit tabs set fire to a charity - MORF - for deliberately distributing binders to minors without their parents knowing. (Daily Mail, the Sun)

In the U.S., the In a Bind program had done the same thing specifically targeting girls 18 and under, though at the moment they say lack money for shipping binders, though local girls can come to their office to pick one up.

Yes, the office is in Portland, Oregon, because woke.

There was a lot of buzz at one point that the U.S. sneak-it-past-the-parents effort was financed by James/Jennifer Pritzker, but I haven't found receipts for that this morning. Maybe I saw it on GenderTrender before Wordpress nuked the site. In any event, funding seems to have dried up.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  10. It was either Gendertrender or 4thWaveNow that had the details on the troon (yes, it was an adult male contacting teenage girls) running one of the binder companies in Portland. I’ll do some digging later.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    OttoWest

OttoWest 1988 Miss Black Awareness Pageant finalist

kiwifarms.net
  11. Oh yeah it's a whole different thing with the sudden spike in teen girls, I agree. I was thinking of the mtf route.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Your Weird Fetish

Your Weird Fetish Intersectional fetishist

kiwifarms.net
  12. The best comparison is probably how social contagion can lead to an entire group of young women to become anorexic. And that's some serious shit. A peer group will reinforce anorexic behavior by reinforcing delusions and congratulating one another for weight loss or extreme exercise routines.

Social contagion is fairly well understood in the context of anorexia, but, thanks to politics, researchers have to tiptoe around examining it in gender dysphoria even though an incredibly similar thing is going on.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  13. At least anorexia doesn't mean pumping girls full of steroids so that they masculinize to the point of no return and cut off healthy body parts.

Both troonery and anorexia are bad but I think troonery is way worse.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Sinners Sandwich

Sinners Sandwich Eid, Pmurt, Eid

kiwifarms.net
  14. Anorexia has one of, if not THE, highest mortality rates of all of the psychiatric disorders. Because the mechanism of transitioning is less fatal, except to your genitals and/or boobs, I don't think it will ever snatch anorexia's crown. We actually don't have data on trans mortality. The "40% suicide rate" is for ATTEMPTS, not completions.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    Cryin RN

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. A massive chunk of failed attempts are determined attention-seeking, as well, and we all know how much troons love attention.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 1
    NoFeline

NoFeline im intersex i have both uwu

kiwifarms.net
  16. Yeah, I really don't want people to think that anorexia is no big deal. It's horrifying and it does have the highest mortality rate of any sort of mental health diagnosis you can have.

While we don't have any studies on the long-term effects of HRT (the cohort is just not there yet for people who started transitioning while they're teens) I don't really think the effects would be that bad for transmen. Yeah, your hair falls out and you grow a beard and both of those never go away even if you stop taking testosterone, but the highest risk of HRT would be DHT production which spikes prostate cancer risk and thankfully transmen don't have them. As far as SRS goes, mastectomy is relatively safe but I don't know about the weird dicks they get installed. Seems like a probable infection risk.

Transwomen, on the other hand, well...estrogen could basically be classified as a fucking poison considering its biochemical effects. They're much worse off. There's a reason why HRT prescriptions to delay menopause got axed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Troonery has high incidence of cluster B personality disorders.
    "Cluster B personality disorders are characterized by dramatic, overly emotional or unpredictable thinking or behavior and interactions with others. They include antisocial personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder."

• Agree Agree x 9
    kiwifarms.net
  18. Cluster Bs are also often gigantic liars in addition to being completely intolerable freaks who should be discarded from society.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  19. Yep. God bless 'em. These forums will have endless content. Check out this future serial killer on r/mypartneristrans:
    craaaazy.png
    Did you catch that? He's wearing his DEAD WIFE'S PANTIES. Like any good troon he's got an actual woman busting her ass so he can buy hair extensions or else his "temper" will flare up.

Wonder how the first wife died.

• Islamic Content  x 28
    • Winner  x 2
    • Informative  x 2
    • Feels  x 2
    • Like  x 1
    •  x 1
    Cryin RN

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
Tags:
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.