Sonichu Redeeming Sonichu: is a good rewrite even possible? -

Xalver

From the eyes of a Deviant
kiwifarms.net
RAIN SLIVES IN CWCVILLE

Let's see how good (or competent) Christian Weston Chandler is at dealing with someone else's true and (seriously) original creation!

Rain is a sergal btw

(Cwc is competent as he is continent:briefs:)
this isn't really original, as the [X in cwcville] format has been done before

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
-Start with CWCville under the tyrannical control of whoever the main bad guy is.

-The leader of the resistance, Chris (unless the main bad guy is Chris), organizes a Dragonball style Pokemon tournament to find the greatest warriors on the good guys side and to inspire others.

-Insert Chaotic Combo (who at this point have not met and no longer have electric powers) beating a few fodder characters until they have to start fighting each other to continue to advance.

-Punchy and Magi-chan match up, Magi-chan wins easily, Magi-chan is very arrogant in character because of his intelligence and looks down on Punchy. Punchy is characterized as the dumb muscle with a short fuse in this remake, Punchy dislikes the way Magi-chan views him but is forced to recognize his superiority. Punchy declares Magi-chan his rival and vows to one day defeat him.

-Angelica's match comes next, introduce Rosechu as her opponent. Angelica is timid and apprehensive to fight and thinks about forfeiting. Rosechu gets angry at her for acting like what she perceives as a negative female stereotype, attacks her and forces her to have to defend herself. Angelica realizes that there are sometimes when she must use violence in order to protect herself and others and fights back with full spirit but ultimately loses to Rosechu's dark type (Rosechu would be primarily dark as she evolves into Vamprosa)

-Skip to the finals (flesh out the rest of the tournament if desired). Rosechu as one fighter then introduce Sonichu as her opponent, hint that he had the most difficult opponents but still won without so much as a scratch whereas Rosechu is very roughed up. Rosechu thinks her womanly powers will assure her victory, still loses but to something questionable or has some kind of excuse so that she can still maintain that she is stronger than Sonichu. Rosechu can't help but be impressed by Sonichu's strength, will and good sportsmanship/kindness, she develops feelings for him but due to her pride as an independant woman expresses her feelings through acting as though she dislikes Sonichu and is only his ally because the people need them to work together, leaving room for their eventual love to develope throughout the series.

-Chris awards Sonichu with the Chaotic Crystal he received from his late father (Bob who was the mayor before the bad guys took over) for winning the tournament. Showing off his humble side, Sonichu divides the Crystal into five and gives one part each to Wild, Angelica, Bubbles, Punchy and Magi-chan saying that it would be better if they all got stronger together and that he can't take back CWCville alone or some gay shit like that. Chris declares them to be the Chaotic Combo, spectators cheer and the entire resistance is empowered by the unity they feel.

-Rosechu questions Sonichu's giving away the crystal, her tsundere level rises to say 75% and she says he did it just to show off, then asks why he didn't split it into six and give her a piece and he tells her she's already strong enough. Rosechu's tsundere level rises to 100%, end with her calling him stupid or hitting him or something like that.

And that's your first arc, bad guys not revealed too soon, show that the bad guys truly are evil and not just people Chris doesn't like, establish Chris as an important but ultimately powerless entity (and never give him powers), not too many characters too soon, sow the seeds of relationships without outright forcing them, make characters unique from each other and give them room to grow, leave plenty of room for possibilities in the plot (Who else was at the tournament, other to-be-revealed good guys, bad guy spies? How did the bad guys take over? Did Bob die from natural causes and bad guys took advantage or did they kill him? If they killed him does Chris know? Where did these new Pokemon come from and how did they get their powers?), most importantly give a plot to the story (taking back the city and defeating all the bad guys).

It'll never make money or be published so including copyrighted characters and elements shouldn't matter.
I think the whole rewrite would be better if you just cast Chris as the villain. His spastic lolcow persona would make for a perfect antagonist.

Randall Fragg

Spedfinder general
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Make a story where a younger Chris has been given god-like powers by a Lovecraftian Horror for shits and giggles, and Chris proceeds to make Sonichu a reality. Chris raises an army of Sonichus and creates CWCville out of nothingness. Because Chris is Chris, it becomes a dystopian pariah state, with it's citizens being brainwashed into worshiping Chris. Any objectors are mind-raped into slow-in-the-minds by Magi-chan. CWCville is just like it is in Sonichu, only with more realistic consequences. It's horribly run, internationally condemned, and falling apart. The only good thing is that Chris is too lazy to imagine anything beyond CWCville, so the effects aren't nation (or world) wide.

Connor Bible

Inferior Enfant Terrible
kiwifarms.net
To put it concisely, no. Chris, at this point in the game, has effectively screwed himself over as a creator in his zeal to turn this into a big franchise. He refuses to come to terms with the reality that Sonichu is a lost cause, the product of the imagination of a spoiled autistic boy who just goes through the motions, infecting the people around him with it in the hopes that someone will care. I know that I may come across as harsh (or hypocritical, take your pick), but the truth is that Chris makes no effort to actual become an individual with a life. The philosopher Nietzsche spoke of "the last man", the antithesis of his Übermensch; a person who takes no risks, seeks only comfort and security, and makes no effort to live at their full potential. That, my friends, is Chris in a nutshell.

Konstantinos

The Sword of Atismu
kiwifarms.net
Re-tool Sonichu as a parody of terrible Sonic recolor comics. Write it to be intentionally bad. An actual parody mind you, not the bullshit definition OPL went by.

Reactions: Tetsu Deinonychus

DespicableFool

Because screw normality!
kiwifarms.net
I say that Sonichu is definitely a salvageable work. However, I fear that what I would do has already been said. So, here we go: Chris suffers from a curse placed upon him by his Cherokee ancestors' rivals, and he is going through the worst of it. He suffers from lifelike delusions of having godlike powers in a world that accepts him for what he is, at the expense of not living in the real world, where his body actually is. Mary Lee Walsh, as well as all the other characters actually, represent different aspects of his personality. He soon learns of his predicament and has to decide upon which world he wants to live in.

That was just off the top of my head.

Reactions: OtterParty

Alex Krycek

russian bot
kiwifarms.net
My first post here I elaborated on how I'd change the characters. Essentially what I'd do is pretty much point blank introduce elements of the Venture Bros into the series and make everything that happened in the Comics actually just Chris' recollection of the past, whereas actual flashbacks would reveal exactly what happened and the details would be extremely disturbing. I also like my idea of Punchy appearing to suffer from Parkinson's but actually being partially lobotomized and going into murderous rages screaming for Chris as he's under the delusion he murders Chris a lot.

Tragi-Chan

Godmaster Reverend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It would be difficult, because so much of the comic is inherently unusable. Firstly, you'd have to get rid of everything that violates copyright, so there goes all the Pokemon and Sonic lore, not to mention numerous secondary characters. You could probably keep the main Sonichu characters, but they'd have to be redesigned and you'd have to lose the "electric hedgehog Pokemon" bullshit. Then there's the fact that so much of the story revolves around Chris, whose perspective on life is not one around which you can really build a sympathetic story.

The idea I had was that the Chus would be kids, learning to use their powers, when Slaweel the Witch comes and takes Quickville over. Chris is thrown into the Time Void and the Chus have to grow up fast in order to take the city back. There would be a subplot about Slaweel having made a Faustian pact with Graduon to get the power she needs.

Lemonz298

kiwifarms.net
Hi there first time poster. I've actually been working on a remake of Sonichu for a few years now called "Sonichu Redemption". It's a complete rewrite using this simple concept: What if Sonichu were written by a competent writer?" And while I'm no Alan Moore, I like to think I'm pretty decent. The comic is all about The Chaotic Combo and their battles against Team Rocket and Robotnik, with the PVCC looming in the background. The entire Chaotic Combo was redesigned to fix the whole Sonichu Recolors thing that Chris had going as well.
Untitled-1.jpg

Reactions: Glaive and Pine Tar

Lemonz298

kiwifarms.net
So for some time now, I've been working on a remake of Sonichu called: Sonichu Redemption. The premise is to completely was to completely break-down Sonichu to it's most basic concept: A story set in a world where the Sonic and Pokemon worlds are merged together, with the main character being a fusion between Sonic and Pikachu. What this amounted to was, taking the Sonichu cast and retooling them so that they fit with this world better. Namely, turning all the Electric Hedgehog Pokemon and reimagining them as "Pokehogs" Anthromorphs that resemble a hedgehog mixed with a Pokemon. It's come a ways since its inception and I started to slowly add elements of the original Sonichu.

You can read it here: http://neyola298.deviantart.com/gallery/28968480/Sonichu-Redemption and you can see all the concept art of reimagined characters that haven't made a formal appearance yet here: http://neyola298.deviantart.com/gallery/30033426/Sonichu-Redemption-Concept-art

spaps

I'LL FUCK YOU OFF AT NO COST
kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't think a good rewrite of Sonichu is possible (or at least a serious one). Even if you re-wrote it into an incredible story with compelling characters, it's still a story about Sonic recolours and Pokemon. It'd be like Barkley Shut Up and Slam Gaiden. It would have a great story, but the premise is too rediculous to take seriously.

Le Bateleur

Major Arcana
kiwifarms.net
So for some time now, I've been working on a remake of Sonichu called: Sonichu Redemption. The premise is to completely was to completely break-down Sonichu to it's most basic concept: A story set in a world where the Sonic and Pokemon worlds are merged together, with the main character being a fusion between Sonic and Pikachu. What this amounted to was, taking the Sonichu cast and retooling them so that they fit with this world better. Namely, turning all the Electric Hedgehog Pokemon and reimagining them as "Pokehogs" Anthromorphs that resemble a hedgehog mixed with a Pokemon. It's come a ways since its inception and I started to slowly add elements of the original Sonichu.

You can read it here: http://neyola298.deviantart.com/gallery/28968480/Sonichu-Redemption and you can see all the concept art of reimagined characters that haven't made a formal appearance yet here: http://neyola298.deviantart.com/gallery/30033426/Sonichu-Redemption-Concept-art
A friendly nudge...

GtgflvjW.gif

Glaive

Chadministrator
kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't think a good rewrite of Sonichu is possible (or at least a serious one). Even if you re-wrote it into an incredible story with compelling characters, it's still a story about Sonic recolours and Pokemon. It'd be like Barkley Shut Up and Slam Gaiden. It would have a great story, but the premise is too rediculous to take seriously.
Well put.

I think one of the biggest appeals of Sonichu is the fact that it's so poorly written and drawn.
It's pretty much the defining trait of it. As in the horribleness in itself takes the spotlight ahead of any actual plot or story. But I like it like that.

That's why I feel like rewriting it to 'improve' Sonichu actually takes a lot away from it. You lose the main source of humor.

The best rewrites are the ones that exaggerate the already obvious flaws and play upon the cringeworthy aspects to push it even further.
(e.g. Sonichu Animated Series by Spazkid)

So sorry Lemonz, can't say I'm a fan of your attempt.
Nice drawings though!

BatmiteTheMight0101

kiwifarms.net
I know I'm too late for this, but I made an account just for this. I actually have an idea.

For starters, I been playing with the designs of the pokemon - mobians hybrid and realized why the designs are not working well. It's because the edgy early 2000s mobian designs would same body, lacking a unique style. Therefore, they should be designs as classics forms like simple shapes, not focusing on gendering the body like giving breast for example. This will give a 90s - cartoonish vibe that will help make to the two franchise work together.

Two, all the pokemons present in the comics should devolved into the primary pokemon forms like Layla Flaaffy reverted into a mareep for example. You can use the evolutions forms as boss stage battle when fighting each pokemons like cuphead. I tried to design the sonichus, but I realized that the Pikachu is hard to design so instead, I used the other pokemons from the Pikachu family which helps since they have to evolution forms; thus, perfect characters to play.

Another, is the designs of the pokemons for instances - if they don't resemble an animal/bug or is impossible to draw as mobians, make them into badnik robots instead.

The plot is: Motherboard (Mary Lee Welsh) and her goon pokemons are kidnapping electric pokemons like Dedeene/Pachirisu/Togedemaru or just any regular old mobian pokemons to power up robots or turn into robots. It is up the Steel Togedemaru (Sonichu) and his friends to free them.

Since Christine Chan played Animal Crossing, the CWCvillge should be a village instead for all the pokemon - mobians to live in. No humans should exist instead except Mary Lee Welsh kinda like Eggman being the only human in the sonic games.

Sorry, it's sounds more like a game than a story - trying to at least a certain structure to the pokemon - mobian world.

I do have redesign drawings, but I not sure if anyone wants to see them since this thread is old.

Reactions: Bord and Skips

Super Colon Blow

kiwifarms.net
I know I'm too late for this, but I made an account just for this. I actually have an idea.

For starters, I been playing with the designs of the pokemon - mobians hybrid and realized why the designs are not working well. It's because the edgy early 2000s mobian designs would same body, lacking a unique style. Therefore, they should be designs as classics forms like simple shapes, not focusing on gendering the body like giving breast for example. This will give a 90s - cartoonish vibe that will help make to the two franchise work together.

Two, all the pokemons present in the comics should devolved into the primary pokemon forms like Layla Flaaffy reverted into a mareep for example. You can use the evolutions forms as boss stage battle when fighting each pokemons like cuphead. I tried to design the sonichus, but I realized that the Pikachu is hard to design so instead, I used the other pokemons from the Pikachu family which helps since they have to evolution forms; thus, perfect characters to play.

Another, is the designs of the pokemons for instances - if they don't resemble an animal/bug or is impossible to draw as mobians, make them into badnik robots instead.

The plot is: Motherboard (Mary Lee Welsh) and her goon pokemons are kidnapping electric pokemons like Dedeene/Pachirisu/Togedemaru or just any regular old mobian pokemons to power up robots or turn into robots. It is up the Steel Togedemaru (Sonichu) and his friends to free them.

Since Christine Chan played Animal Crossing, the CWCvillge should be a village instead for all the pokemon - mobians to live in. No humans should exist instead except Mary Lee Welsh kinda like Eggman being the only human in the sonic games.

Sorry, it's sounds more like a game than a story - trying to at least a certain structure to the pokemon - mobian world.

I do have redesign drawings, but I not sure if anyone wants to see them since this thread is old.
Try the fanart thread for the drawings. Probably best results there.

DatSpicyBoi

kiwifarms.net
Late, but I think I found a way. What if, instead of Sonichu's origin story being like it was in issue zero, you make him a Pikachu that was experimented on? He's feared or hated because of what he was turned into and so he runs off into the forest to die alone. While there he meets Chris who is hated and shunned by society as well and the two form a sort of bond (they could hit it off right away or not like each other and grow attached over time). The villains would also have to change. They would all have to lose their personal hatred of Chris. All Sonichu villains are personal rivals and if you're a real hero you shouldn't just fight people you don't like. Here's a starter villain idea. You could start with the one who experimented on Sonichu. He could be planning to experiment on human subjects and Chris and Chu have to put a stop to it. The scientist's backstory could be that he was abused as a kid so to escape from the pain he had a made-up world he would escape to and he became so attached to this world he wanted to make it a reality. The arc could end with Sonichu having the chance to take revenge against the scientist but he realizes how broken this man is and seeing how a single obsession turned this person insane he decides to turn him in instead and put revenge behind him.
(Edit: Yes Skips I know it's late. That was literally the first word in this post)
(I also don't think Chris would ever go for this because this would require way too much self-awareness and he possesses none).

Last edited:

Cedric_Eff

I’m the Lord of the Harvest!
kiwifarms.net
When it comes to the rewrite of Sonichu, it’s not easy to do. My comic might be taking place after Sonichu Issue 5, but I have to retcon a shit ton of stuff to make it work for me. Personally, I like Real Sonichu and Rosechu’s Story.

Reactions: Mr. 0
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino