Redesigning Floraverse - Because PK is a fucking idiot

The Ultimate Ramotith

but muh coping mechanism
kiwifarms.net
One thing I like about Floraverse is that she already planned elements. However, I want to add the following to my game:
  • I tried to give the primary elements inherent weaknesses with the secondary elements having weaknesses based on their component primary elements (think Pokémon), but the best with which I could come up was that:
    • Water and Earth beat Fire.
    • Fire beats Air.
    • Spirit beats the others.
  • Also, that would make Ice strong against Fire when the reverse should be true. I switched to having the weaknesses inherent to characters (think Megami Tensei).
  • Out of simplicity, there shall be no tertiary elements.
  • I want to add a 6th element to my game: Distortion. Combining with the other elements, I have these tentative combinations:

1. Distortion + Distortion = Chaos or Black Hole
  2. Distortion + Fire = Electricity
  3. Distortion + Water = Oil
  4. Distortion + Air = Smoke
  5. Distortion + Earth = Quicksand
  6. Distortion + Spirit = Darkness

• (Then again, if I ever go around to making tertiary elements, Distortion + Distortion would be Black Hole, while Distortion + Distortion + Distortion would be Chaos...)
What do I need to fix?

The Ultimate Ramotith

but muh coping mechanism
kiwifarms.net
Aside: I wish there was a 'Redesigning PMD Explorers' thread. I want to redeem not just PercyPerry, Brooke, Tivoli, and Ribbons, but also Thomas (a Rhydon priest), Trudeau (a Nidoking naturopath), Jones (a Scolipede piano-player), and especially Heatran (a roadblock and no more). I might add more.

However, I would rather finish my 'Floraverse' game first of all. I found other Floraverse characters that I want to redeem, anyway.

DatBepisTho

Cryptid Cretin
kiwifarms.net
I've actually linked to the Kiwi PDE thread a few pages back. If you can find it sometime, you could look into it. It spoofs PK's pmde just like this thread spoofs floraverse.

Edit- glad you could find it, fam!

Last edited:

The Ultimate Ramotith

but muh coping mechanism
kiwifarms.net
The odd thing is that the more I look at Floraverse, the more characters I want to redeem.
I already have a list of 4 more. However, I would rather refrain from telling which ones until I am sure that I have a final list. My game would only involve the ones I already mentioned in this thread.

• Feels
Reactions: DubiousWiggle

DubiousWiggle

Gelatinous Blob
kiwifarms.net
The odd thing is that the more I look at Floraverse, the more characters I want to redeem.
I already have a list of 4 more. However, I would rather refrain from telling which ones until I am sure that I have a final list. My game would only involve the ones I already mentioned in this thread.
I really feel that man :( there's just so much potential in all of these designs and concepts. It's been said a lot but it really is a big shame that all of these came from such disgusting people. At least you all can make these characters, stories, and concepts into something greater than what Glip could ever do.

By the way, made a Furfur to go along with Cayenne!

Tried to stick to the original a little bit since Furfur was actually one of my favorite designs despite being so clustered. So I made her look more related to Cayenne and made her look more mischievous and imp-like.

DatBepisTho

Cryptid Cretin
kiwifarms.net
I really feel that man :( there's just so much potential in all of these designs and concepts. It's been said a lot but it really is a big shame that all of these came from such disgusting people. At least you all can make these characters, stories, and concepts into something greater than what Glip could ever do.

By the way, made a Furfur to go along with Cayenne!
View attachment 736872
Tried to stick to the original a little bit since Furfur was actually one of my favorite designs despite being so clustered. So I made her look more related to Cayenne and made her look more mischievous and imp-like.
I love them, tbh.
Your furfur also looks like she's not rape-y like the original, but still doesn't respect personal space and is too chummy with strangers in order to disarm + trick them.

Edited to add:
With the personality of a sealion-mantis shrimp lovechild, I might add.
Sorry for the PK!Furfur face, I wanted to use the eyes left out of the redesigns. Also a top-heavy body type because it's the right amount of goofy.

-I like to imagine Maridonna is a hitman for the masked sun cult, and goes above and beyond his or her paygrade because they hope there will be a tip involved. The cute look is to get you closer so they can pistol punch or squeeze your guts out. Will probably eat you afterward, as a free cleanup service for the client.

I fucking loved working on the color scheme btw

Last edited:

DubiousWiggle

Gelatinous Blob
kiwifarms.net
Definitely! She's the kind to "help out" the gullible with valuable treasure. And usually ends up getting away with it, unless Cayenne is around to point her out.

edit: I ABSOLUTELY ADORE YOUR SHRIMP INSPIRED FLORA OC!! So precious!!

Reactions: CancerGoat

DatBepisTho

Cryptid Cretin
kiwifarms.net
Definitely! She's the kind to "help out" the gullible with valuable treasure. And usually ends up getting away with it, unless Cayenne is around to point her out.

edit: I ABSOLUTELY ADORE YOUR SHRIMP INSPIRED FLORA OC!! So precious!!
Yes! And she'd probably have a patented "shaddupyalilshit" look that she'd probably shoot him. It'd probably chill the bones if he wasn't a little shit to begin with.

Also thank you! I didn't want to double post so I tacked it onto the reply.

Last edited:
  • Feels

DubiousWiggle

Gelatinous Blob
kiwifarms.net
Yes! And she'd probably have a patented "shaddupyalilshit" look that she'd probably shoot him. It'd probably chill the bones if he wasn't a little shit to begin with.
Poor Cayenne later gets dragged by his horns back home to get mercilessly picked on.

(definitely gonna make fanart for your beautiful boi)

• Feels
Reactions: DatBepisTho

DatBepisTho

Cryptid Cretin
kiwifarms.net
Poor Cayenne later gets dragged by his horns back home to get mercilessly picked on.

(definitely gonna make fanart for your beautiful boi)
I'm loving this new dynamic between them. I bet when that were both younger she adored him as he was essential a living babydoll and now he's the shitty little brother that thwarts her get rich schemes.

I'm flattered, fam.:oops:

DubiousWiggle

Gelatinous Blob
kiwifarms.net
I'm loving this new dynamic between them. I bet when that were both younger she adored him as he was essential a living babydoll and now he's the shitty little brother that thwarts her get rich schemes.
Yesss! Cayenne's behavior mostly stems from Furfur being a brat, getting teased, and being dressed up and treated like a doll as a baby. I guess his only revenge is ruining all of her plans of getting riches and stealing from gullible citizens.

Here's some fanart I made real quick, really love all of your guys designs!
(definitely making more in the near future)

DatBepisTho

Cryptid Cretin
kiwifarms.net
Yesss! Cayenne's behavior mostly stems from Furfur being a brat, getting teased, and being dressed up and treated like a doll as a baby. I guess his only revenge is ruining all of her plans of getting riches and stealing from gullible citizens.

Here's some fanart I made real quick, really love all of your guys designs!
(definitely making more in the near future)
The shrimp feet!!!
I love it, thank you so much!

• Feels

The Ultimate Ramotith

but muh coping mechanism
kiwifarms.net
Another day another redesign. Tried my hand at remaking Cayenne and making him look more related to Furfur.
*edit: forgot to add art of Jupet I made awhile back but never got around to post it
There is something I liked about Jupet, but I had difficulty finding a clear picture why.
Your redesign brought me closer to that goal. More, your illustration has a great use of colour!

On my game, I decided to use OHRRPGCE because of its support of multiple operating systems, not just Windows. The only problem is the possible lack of graphical fidelity. (I do have Wolf RPG Editor if I needed an ALTernative, though.)
Also, I initially planned on making my game only 1 chapter long, but all of the characters I want to redeem had me more or less change my plans to a 'full length' game. I am still going to go through my original plans, but they would now form a 'demo' to the 'full version' (similar to how Deltarune worked out).

Now that I am talking about these things...
...what would make a good title of my game? My idea of the 1st chapter would be that Biff goes to the studio where Penny works. Claude would be part of the camera crew there. (Quillon would be a shopkeeper, though he eventually 'joins' the party under the role of a trader. Think of Merlinus from Fire Emblem, in a way.)

Last edited:

AllCISPeople

What is this "they" you speak of?
kiwifarms.net
I'll try my hand at a Toxinuate redesign....also think that that name could use some re-adjusting. I mean for fuck's sake....TOXINUATE? Do you know what subtle, symbolic aesthetic is at all when designing a character woman?

• Feels
Reactions: DatBepisTho
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino