RedLetterMedia - Corporate shills attacking our favourite hack frauds, & more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ngut

kiwifarms.net
For all their no fucks given attitude regarding the entire industry output in general, RLM have been curiously well-behaved with respect to the new JJ Wars movies themselves.

SW 7: It was greeeeaaaat, everything was perfect, can't wait for more
R1: Forgettable and demographics-driven
SW 8: It was okaaaayyy, wow all the bullshit was really artstically surprising, SW 7 still perfect, no Mary Sue here :^)

I cannot imagine them tearing any JJ movie a new one like they did with any other movie, or ""geek"" culture itself. The internet would probably melt.

Last edited:

Somsnosa

Look at me! I'm the pope now
kiwifarms.net
Also on the part they claim Plinkett wanted sex in the movie because RLM is a bunch of old sexists: he wanted love. He even mentioned the latino guy and the black guy could fall in love. He mentioned in the Ghostbusters review too that it's kinda weird for love not being a thing ever in these safe movies. You don't have to agree, but mixing up movie romance with sex is misleading. Or you might have something freudian goin on
who knows

OwO What's This?

f̷̨̛͙̺͔̻͈͇̗̗͕̗͚͟u̵͉̪͔͉͓͡͡c̷̵͍̤̦͇̩̦̟͉̖̺̟̫̮̲̟̪̪̟ͅk̵̶
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also on the part they claim Plinkett wanted sex in the movie because RLM is a bunch of old sexists: he wanted love. He even mentioned the latino guy and the black guy could fall in love. He mentioned in the Ghostbusters review too that it's kinda weird for love not being a thing ever in these safe movies. You don't have to agree, but mixing up movie romance with sex is misleading. Or you might have something freudian goin on
who knows
Plinkett is a 100+ year old serial murderer, so...

I mean, unless you think RLM is literally saying that women should forgive their abusers over how good their Star Wars reviews are...

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is 100% envy and jealousy. They make enough money to support multiple people (I don't know how much Josh and Jack make, but I think Jack does it as a side gig) and basically a studio (Their warehouse in Milwakee) with expensive cameras, lighitng and great editing. Compared that to their reviews which look like they are shot in a broom closet with a dorm light from Walmart. It doubly burns them because they honestly they don't give a fuck about outside criticism or social pressures and say what they mean. Which is so popular. They seem legitimately genuine. I think it only got worse with the 'nerd crew' shit where they openly mock others for being obvious shills and pathetic.

RLM also has a big thing of what makes comedy great: Self-Depreciation. They can laugh at themselves openly. They don't have a stick so far up their ass they immediately start screaming and crying. And if you are slef-depreciating already, there's not much anyone can do to you. That's how Plinkett came about. They thought it was too autistic to go point by point seriously, so they made this crazy insane murderer character do it. That's a huge point of the joke with him. That only a schizo nutbar would pick apart something as shallow as pop culture like that. Don't get me wrong, the criticisms are good and genuine, but they're caked in this self-depreciating, obsessive character to make it more light hearted. I still think they are the sharpest critics out there and go over what I care about (story, characters, plot, abstractness) and you get a good diversity (FROM STRAIGHT WHITE MALES) of opinion, with Mike being Shlocky, Rich liking good stories, Josh being eccentric, Jay liking weird, artsy stuff with Josh. So not only do you get a breadth of opinion, they're consistently funny and well written.

Compare this to other critic websites which just parrot each other, are heavily paid shills or just follow a singular party line. Its boring, its mundane and it doesn't attract and audience. I don't give a fuck if a movie is sexist or racist, I care if it is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino