Redrawing/editing art made by tearzah/dollieguts and their copycats -

Badfishhh

I got in a fight with a door and I lost.
kiwifarms.net
Hi.
I'm new.
And I spent a lot more time on this than needed. I seriously wanted to redraw this and you can tell I was getting frustrated especially with the bodyBut otherwise I tried to make it more interesting. I think this is because my PC is still stuck in BIOS Utility mode and I've used Ibis paint. Sorta hate the line work I did.
Here is mine.
View attachment 1294306
Here is Tearzah's

View attachment 1294311
Your's is really cute! It's so much more expressive, and the background you chose caught my eye immediately! Big improvement, dude.

Aaa0aaa0

Internet Sticker Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
Hi.
I'm new.
And I spent a lot more time on this than needed. I seriously wanted to redraw this and you can tell I was getting frustrated especially with the bodyBut otherwise I tried to make it more interesting. I think this is because my PC is still stuck in BIOS Utility mode and I've used Ibis paint. Sorta hate the line work I did.
Here is mine.
View attachment 1294306
Here is Tearzah's

View attachment 1294311
I hope I don't hurt you on this, but there is not much improvement from the original.

Your version has shading, more expression, and better head definition, but its lacking in a few key areas. Her right arm looks as if it has been bent in 3 places, and her fingers (?) poking out of her sleeve feel like a rush scribble. Her bottom half looks as if it should be snapping off her top half, and there is one thick line contrasting the rest of the lineart underneath the left arm. She's also missing several horns and her sweater has been changed to one, solid color. I'm not familiar with the original character but iirc this is a commission and leaving off details of a character like that is something tearzah does that redraws should not aim to do. If it is a Tea character, it would be better to change the color of her shirt to something that goes along better with her pink hair and gray skin rather than a muddy brown.

It's an ok attempt, but it has its own problems you need to work on in order to do a proper higher quality redraw. The goal of this thread is to either correct Salem/Tea's mistakes in either drawing or character design, and your skills need more attention to properly do such.

bother or annoyance

annoyance or bother
kiwifarms.net
I hope I don't hurt you on this, but there is not much improvement from the original.

Your version has shading, more expression, and better head definition, but its lacking in a few key areas. Her right arm looks as if it has been bent in 3 places, and her fingers (?) poking out of her sleeve feel like a rush scribble. Her bottom half looks as if it should be snapping off her top half, and there is one thick line contrasting the rest of the lineart underneath the left arm. She's also missing several horns and her sweater has been changed to one, solid color. I'm not familiar with the original character but iirc this is a commission and leaving off details of a character like that is something tearzah does that redraws should not aim to do. If it is a Tea character, it would be better to change the color of her shirt to something that goes along better with her pink hair and gray skin rather than a muddy brown.

It's an ok attempt, but it has its own problems you need to work on in order to do a proper higher quality redraw. The goal of this thread is to either correct Salem/Tea's mistakes in either drawing or character design, and your skills need more attention to properly do such.
I completely understand that, I tried to fix the lines the best that I could. If anything I just wanted to improve the expressions and atmosphere for the most part.
And that's totally my bad, didn't see/know it was a commission anywhere. And I agree on the arm and shirt and other things. For the horns, I was aiming to that carno feel but didn't realize it was a commission otherwise I'd add the horns, oops-
The for line work, Idefk I am more used to sai lol. Regardless I agree on everything you said! I hated my own line work too so that's why I focused on the expression more and added the bg to at least make it look more decent (and a bit more lighting source). If anything I hate the face shape and the eyebrows I did the most lol but that was also me somewhat trying to keep her style to it in a way.
I'll keep these in mind and see how to improve my brushing and techniques on Ibis!🙏♥

I completely understand that, I tried to fix the lines the best that I could. If anything I just wanted to improve the expressions and atmosphere for the most part.
And that's totally my bad, didn't see/know it was a commission anywhere. And I agree on the arm and shirt and other things. For the horns, I was aiming to that carno feel but didn't realize it was a commission otherwise I'd add the horns, oops-
The for line work, Idefk I am more used to sai lol. Regardless I agree on everything you said! I hated my own line work too so that's why I focused on the expression more and added the bg to at least make it look more decent (and a bit more lighting source). If anything I hate the face shape and the eyebrows I did the most lol but that was also me somewhat trying to keep her style to it in a way.
I'll keep these in mind and see how to improve my brushing and techniques on Ibis!🙏♥
God I really do feel bad for changing the design now ): that's completely my fault and I'll be more careful next time. iftearzahdidntmakesomuchfuckingocs

Aaa0aaa0

Internet Sticker Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
God I really do feel bad for changing the design now ): that's completely my fault and I'll be more careful next time. iftearzahdidntmakesomuchfuckingocs
Its ok, its an attempt and we're doing this for fun, not for profit. Besides, the original commissioner won't even see this so it doesn't matter lol. You'll do better next time, even took
critique like a champ :semperfidelis:

bother or annoyance

annoyance or bother
kiwifarms.net
Its ok, its an attempt and we're doing this for fun, not for profit. Besides, the original commissioner won't even see this so it doesn't matter lol. You'll do better next time, even took
critique like a champ :semperfidelis:
Hell yeah dude thanks lol!
But if they do see it I would def redo the design that they originally have atm. I honestly don't see the point of people crying to criticism tbfh either. Otherwise it's no improvement.

View attachment 1295685
only a few basic editions in this one already make a difference.
Definetly a lot better

Prince Jello

soft boi uwu
kiwifarms.net
Tried to redraw two of Tearzah's pieces
I wanted a crisper/sharper linework, but my paper is shitty and made my fineliner bleed everywhere. I took some liberties with the second drawing because I wanted the pose to look more expressive.

4716614_KpWJIsnaFmHKho9.png 19510282_bYU3YkOBrPTtpFo.png
isk.jpg

Badfishhh

kiwifarms.net

NoFeline

im intersex i have both uwu
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The concept of Prion Mayo was mildly interesting. There's no info about her whatsoever except that her species is Pestilence and she is ethnically (??? how) Caucasian.

1589950844748.png
prion redraw.png

I decided that if this would be a horror character we would need her to be a little more than a coked out white chick. Tried to extrapolate on what little there is...with the vague Jojo Siwa vibe and only reference being half-naked and eyebrowless. I wound up with a sort of.. homeless anorexic ex-ballerina that I like to think was disowned for publicly embarrassing her family but she still acts like she's special and rich despite living like a troll.

Last edited:

Badfishhh

kiwifarms.net
So, I've been meaning to redraw this for a bit here. I really like some of tearzah's concepts, but her execution is so fucking boring. I know I changed the design a lot, but they just looked too similar, and yes I know they're conjoined twins, but I just wanted to make them more distinct. Anyways, in the end I didn't really improve that much on the og, but I do think it's more interesting.
I genuinely think the idea of a conjoined twin character can be interesting, and I want to eventually try to create one myself, but this is just lazy work (as usual) on her part. I mean, she can draw ash 5000 times, but she can't draw these two more than 4 times?? I just don't get it.
twinz_by_dreamalgia_ddw1h7c-fullview.jpg
20200520_225329~2.jpg
Also it's really dark in my room so the lighting is terrible, I'm really sorry about that.

Fission Mailed

cOwOna
kiwifarms.net
I figured these might be better to post in this thread rather than the main one since this one is for art, but here’s a few of Tearzah’s adoptable bases. I know it’s generally frowned upon to release pay to use bases, but meh, I dont know what to do with them.

for some reason they’re just pngs, instead of psd files. Usually artists use psd’s so that you can easily edit the eyes/mouth/and all that by having each in it’s own layer.

have fun drawing some silly ocs if youd like.

AD2C03E0-0B72-4ABD-8818-92FDAF748BAE.png48900F91-144F-4336-8D37-0F887D954A89.png814D9C94-704E-410F-A045-9FD5E2AE00DD.png43ECCCCF-80A6-4FB0-8EDF-78352CB7750D.png3B602420-40C0-4515-95F7-C40FCED0CBDD.png

Fission Mailed

cOwOna
kiwifarms.net
I would say go ham but honestly they're all such dogshit that it would be encouraging poor habits. The one with titties has elbows down to her pussy. Amazing.
That one was the mystery base from the pack. It just said the hint was it’s curvy. I’ve got no clue the exact deviantart points to cash rate but these were 300 points and $5 gets you 400 points. Definitely not worth almost $5 imo but oh well.

exhausted

Not mad on the internet, just sad on the internet.
kiwifarms.net
I would say go ham but honestly they're all such dogshit that it would be encouraging poor habits. The one with titties has elbows down to her pussy. Amazing.
built like a goddamn chimp

Tags
None