Reflections on dating in the digital generation

Gilgamesh

Headshooter
kiwifarms.net
I'm a little zoomer baby and after graduating high school, realizing how fucked up my dating experience was compared to 10 years before.
Nowadays, practically everyone uses Snapchat, Instagram, Discord, or plain ole SMS to communicate. Every girl I've ever been with admitted they liked me digitally. I felt more confident through text as well. It was easier to flirt, joke, and just be smooth. It was fun.
But after getting so used to flirting digitally, it gets harder in the real world. It's awkward, and you're hesitant to even acknowledge that you like each other romantically. Sure, you eventually get over it, but I've been with some girls that find it hard to get over that real-life obstacle, and it eventually ruins the relationship. It sucks. people feel more comfortable digitally than in the real world. I've experienced it too, I stutter IRL and sometimes found it hard just to flirt.
Then, I found a girl who had no social media whatsoever, and had to face the challenge of getting her all in real life. It was strange, but fun, and made me feel more confident. Our relationship has since ended, but it was the most fulfilling I've ever had.
If you're young, in college or high school, don't start relationships thru snapchat. I know it's easier that way, but it isn't how it's supposed to be, and it'll show in the future. If you do end up doing it, try and make your relationship as verbal and physical as possible with your partner. Live in the real world, not some chat log.
Have any of yall experienced this? I think more than a few people in this generation are gonna be messed up because of it.

Sneakywombat666

UwU
kiwifarms.net
Isn't snapchat just a way to score some free nudes? I guess this isn't too different from when people had "super serious" relationships through MSN or people getting "married" in WoW. None of them had ever actually met in real life.

Most people eventually realise that meeting in person and having sexy times is a lot better than swapping nudes on the interwebs. Also, highschoolers are autistic retards for the most part so of course they'll do dumb shit like chasing a girl through instagram or whatever.

Dumpsterfire Enthusiast

Whats with all the anime avatars?
kiwifarms.net
Yeah apps really arent the best for dating. I dont even like using text messages for anything other than making plans for later because really anything you can say over text is better to say in person

Snuckening

Go to ACP to renew XenForo
kiwifarms.net
Yes, I too am a failure sexually, who blames the world for my problems.

And I too feel a need to blurt out my shortcomings, as soon as I show up someplace.

Very relatable.

Gilgamesh

Headshooter
kiwifarms.net
Yes, I too am a failure sexually, who blames the world for my problems.

And I too feel a need to blurt out my shortcomings, as soon as I show up someplace.

Very relatable.
i aint a failure sexually, and this hasn't been that big of a deal for me, just some thoughts on how things have changed since social media took over every1's lives