Regarding the apparent and imminent repeal of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act and the future of this website. -

Girlboy69

Debut TBA
kiwifarms.net
I feel like McConnell is going to kinda hand GA to the Dems by doing this shit. If enough people in GA get pissed off enough, you're looking at 2 years of Biden being backed by both houses.

Which can be scary.

Desktop User2

kiwifarms.net
I feel like McConnell is going to kinda hand GA to the Dems by doing this shit. If enough people in GA get pissed off enough, you're looking at 2 years of Biden being backed by both houses.

Which can be scary.
GA rep candidates already pledged support for the 2k nigga checks. Everybody hates a one party government + congress, specially people on Wall Street, specially a democrat controlled congress with a lot of populists. If they see a shift on the polls in the runoff elections, they could herd the deficit hawks. +400bi (what the CASH act would add) now could bar some bullshit trillion handout later.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seems like McConnell is trying to weasel his way out by saying it was Trump´s intent to tie the 2k relief with the Section 230 reform and election integrity measures - which would certainly not pass.

Link (Archive)
Yup, he's literally trying to sabotage the checks by tying them to his attempt to destroy the internet. Trump is, of course, going with this too. Amazing

Had

"he who increases knowledge increases sorrow"-1:18
kiwifarms.net
Dick's galaxy brain take on 230
1609354614865.png
1609354627621.png

The Curmudgeon

kiwifarms.net
I know it's just /pol/, but I found their reaction to the news entertaining:

https://archive.vn/ZsKoE

It's scary to know there are people on both sides who either don't realize or care about how repealing Section 230 will negatively affect the Internet.

I originally posted this in the Happenings thread on Section 230, but realized it shouldn't go there. Sorry about that.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I know it's just /pol/, but I found their reaction to the news entertaining:

https://archive.vn/ZsKoE

It's scary to know there are people on both sides who either don't realize or care about how repealing Section 230 will negatively affect the Internet.

I originally posted this in the Happenings thread on Section 230, but realized it shouldn't go there. Sorry about that.
At least Nick Fuentes says he wants it repealed specifically because it will destroy the Internet. That's at least a valid opinion.

The Curmudgeon

kiwifarms.net
I shared the /pol/ thread for laughs, but it's /pol/ so it's bound to be more cringey than funny. I was just a little surprised /pol/ was talking about 230. I still disturbs me that there are people who either don't understand how 230 protects the Internet or they do know but don't care about it being repealed.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I shared the /pol/ thread for laughs, but it's /pol/ so it's bound to be more cringey than funny. I was just a little surprised /pol/ was talking about 230. I still disturbs me that there are people who either don't understand how 230 protects the Internet or they do know but don't care about it being repealed.
Daddy Trump told them Number Law Bad so they believe it.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Again I do think parts of 230 need to change but a full on repeal is not the way to do it.

If I was in charge of drafting a 230 reform bill

First I would set a cap on either generated revenue or web traffic

Any website below this cap (like this site) would be exempt and it would be businesses as usual.

The ones that meet this criteria mainly big tech platforms would be forced to uphold political neutrality. If a website is found to be suspending/terminating accounts for political reasons then they are temporarily stripped of platform status until they can prove that they are operating the platform in an unbiased way

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Fuck this retard.

This bill sucked and there's a lot about it passing which is not a cause for celebration. None of it involved a ChiCom plot to empower big tech or whatever the fuck this dumb faggot is going on about. He's literally just upset that his Twitter account is getting banned as soon as he's out of office and no one is willing to repeal crucial Internet legislation to spite them.

All those fucking retards going on and on and on about how this was 4D chess to get compromise on 230, how this was never about full repeal or whatever the fuck, here you go. He got cucked by the lame duck. The most pitiful way to go out. The only way this could get worse for him is if he did something stupid in January to try and stay in office and got booked under the Insurrection Act for it.

1609537388570.png

7b1.gif

Brigada

And so on, and so on
kiwifarms.net
Fuck this retard.

This bill sucked and there's a lot about it passing which is not a cause for celebration. None of it involved a ChiCom plot to empower big tech or whatever the fuck this dumb faggot is going on about. He's literally just upset that his Twitter account is getting banned as soon as he's out of office and no one is willing to repeal crucial Internet legislation to spite them.

All those fucking retards going on and on and on about how this was 4D chess to get compromise on 230, how this was never about full repeal or whatever the fuck, here you go. He got cucked by the lame duck. The most pitiful way to go out. The only way this could get worse for him is if he did something stupid in January to try and stay in office and got booked under the Insurrection Act for it.

View attachment 1822393

View attachment 1822394
God Bless.

Psychic Espeon

The cat that reads your mind
kiwifarms.net
Fuck this retard.

View attachment 1822393

View attachment 1822394
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a sneak preview of the vote on January 6th.

Arm Pit Cream

5%er, Jupiterian Philosopher, Anglophobe, CSIS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was beyond unrealistic to expect the political establishment, who has resisted Trump up to this point, would suddenly allow him to pass 3 major pieces of legislation in what amounts to a month. Particularly when he connects them like this. Section 230+stimulus+muh election was always unreasonable, even achieving 1 of these would have been one of the high points of the Trump administration.
Trump doesn't know the art of the deal.