Regarding the apparent and imminent repeal of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act and the future of this website. -

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing.

X Prime

The Doubly Derivative
kiwifarms.net
Any idea why these guys chose to vote against the Bill if they are running for President? You would think them voting down a $2000 stimulus check would be prime attack ad fodder.
I think you are confusing the 2000 check bill with the NDAA. Or am I?

attractive_pneumonia

kiwifarms.net
/pol/ is a mixture of tourist boomers, faggots who should've stayed on twitter and reddit, genuinely insane people, shitposters and Americans. It's a satire board where most of its users don't real
I'm still waiting to see what happens to the boomers once Trump is out on Jan 20th. The T_D crew were actively Fed Posting for a good bit of time on their site, its only a matter of time before the /pol/ crew goad one into pulling a Tarrant or Nashville Boomer Booming style stunt once its actually apparent that Trump is indeed not playing 4d chess and got defeated in an election.

Desktop User2

kiwifarms.net
Any idea why these guys chose to vote against the Bill if they are running for President? You would think them voting down a $2000 stimulus check would be prime attack ad fodder.
Different bill, mate. CASH act was about the 2k, NDAA veto voted today. This is the Frankenstein monster Mitch crafted for the 2k, repeal of Section 230, electoral reform and assorted:
Link

Last edited:

The Last Stand

What is this fool saying?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still can't believe Trump tried to hold the $2000 hostage with his plan to dismantle Section 230.

Fucking boomers.
Fuck this retard.

This bill sucked and there's a lot about it passing which is not a cause for celebration. None of it involved a ChiCom plot to empower big tech or whatever the fuck this dumb faggot is going on about. He's literally just upset that his Twitter account is getting banned as soon as he's out of office and no one is willing to repeal crucial Internet legislation to spite them.

All those fucking retards going on and on and on about how this was 4D chess to get compromise on 230, how this was never about full repeal or whatever the fuck, here you go. He got cucked by the lame duck. The most pitiful way to go out. The only way this could get worse for him is if he did something stupid in January to try and stay in office and got booked under the Insurrection Act for it.

View attachment 1822393

View attachment 1822394
Don't tell that to the TDS thread. They'll eat you alive.

Red-Hot Copper

1-800-FAT TITS
kiwifarms.net
Fuck this retard.

This bill sucked and there's a lot about it passing which is not a cause for celebration. None of it involved a ChiCom plot to empower big tech or whatever the fuck this dumb faggot is going on about. He's literally just upset that his Twitter account is getting banned as soon as he's out of office and no one is willing to repeal crucial Internet legislation to spite them.

All those fucking retards going on and on and on about how this was 4D chess to get compromise on 230, how this was never about full repeal or whatever the fuck, here you go. He got cucked by the lame duck. The most pitiful way to go out. The only way this could get worse for him is if he did something stupid in January to try and stay in office and got booked under the Insurrection Act for it.

View attachment 1822393

View attachment 1822394
I love this new idea that I see MAGA fags say that we need to get China to strike the US so we could go to war so we can arrest the "Chinese Democrat agents that rigged the election" to keep Trump in power.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
It is baffling to go on /pol/ and see them want to repeal a law that keeps the site up. You can like Trump but disagree when he says or does something stupid. Are they stupid, brainwashed, or are they just trolls looking to mess with everyone?
All three options rolled into one. At least that's what I've seen literally every time I go on /pol/.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck this retard.

View attachment 1822393

View attachment 1822394
Well, at least in that regard 2021 is better than 2020. For the moment.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
Did you really WANT 230 to be saved, Josh ?

dont forget.jpg

Girlboy69

Debut TBA
kiwifarms.net
Despite my hate for the turtle-y old faggot, what McConnell is doing with the $2000 check thing is actually pretty fucking genius.

Because Congress repeatedly spends money on stupid shit, the country can't afford $2000 stimulus checks (we can but we can't) but because of optics, it would have to pass.

Trump is a crinkle-fag bediapered retard who wants Twitter to lose protections for calling him on his bullshit and because Diaper Don was trending, implying he shits himself daily. It would probably pass because congress is full of dinosaurs and boomers who don't fucking understand Section 230 or what repealing it would do.

The election integrity bullshit is just a poison pill that slides in under positive optics for Trump and his cult of personality's approval. It wouldn't pass because all Dems, the independents, as well as Romney, Murkowski, and Collins would probably vote against it.

So basically he saves the budget and vulnerable republican senators from the $2000 checks and appeases Trump by tying a Section 230 repeal to it. But it still might pass then they've fucked the budget AND the internet and a lot of economic/commerce things that go with it which would be lose-lose. So what does he do? He tacks on a pro-Trump, anti-Biden bill that poisons the entire fucking thing.

He's an evil genius and I have to appreciate the intricacies of this shit.

Someone Awful

lurking within you
kiwifarms.net
Even as someone who did vote for Trump and believe that his election was stolen from him, this was an objectively retarded move from him. He embarrassed himself in the final weeks he needed to drum up sympathy for anyone not part of his base that had concern about how badly conducted this election was. It's clear he was fed bad information - possibly even disinformation - and took the bait hook, line, and sinker.

What a disappointing way to end his administration. Harris will now have this on top of her mind and the repeal will likely go through this year. Then the right who champion this horrible idea that will make dissent infinitely harder to do will complain when Harris finally pushes it through, turning 2020s Internet into even more of a nightmare than it was at the end of the decade.

I remember when I used to believe in the meme that conservatives understood liberals better than the other way around. After this horrible year, seeing even my own conservative relatives fear monger about how COVID-19 is the next AIDS, and the populist right's failure to understand why the imminent repeal of Section 230 will ruin the Internet, not anymore. Welcome to being politically homeless.

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
He embarrassed himself in the final weeks he needed to drum up sympathy for anyone not part of his base that had concern about how badly conducted this election was. It's clear he was fed bad information - possibly even disinformation - and took the bait hook, line, and sinker.
He was screaming fraud for months beforehand because his whole plan was no matter what, if he lost, he was going to scream fraud. He was screaming fraud before he won in 2016 too. It's just to rile up his conspiracy loony worshippers. His definition of fraud is anything where he doesn't win.

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Again I do think parts of 230 need to change but a full on repeal is not the way to do it.

If I was in charge of drafting a 230 reform bill

First I would set a cap on either generated revenue or web traffic

Any website below this cap (like this site) would be exempt and it would be businesses as usual.

The ones that meet this criteria mainly big tech platforms would be forced to uphold political neutrality. If a website is found to be suspending/terminating accounts for political reasons then they are temporarily stripped of platform status until they can prove that they are operating the platform in an unbiased way
I disagree, this isn't the way to handle things. This basically says "if you see success, you will be punished". This is basically how China handles social media websites. There's 4chan type sites in the darks of Chinanet with barely an audience, CPC doesn't give a fuck because they are tiny and fringe. CPC regulates weibo because they are massive and over-reaching. This isn't a policy I can get behind even if it means "my side" will be temporarily better off.

We want a freer social media market so FB/Twitter/Google can be challenged, not more silly ways to restrict it. What if something goes viral? So they suddenly have to implement all the overhead and potentially a team of lawyers to deal with a slew of lolsuits coming from left right and centre? Remember, both sides are fucking faggots and jump to "political persecution" when their dumbfuck worldviews are yeeted. I can't support a law which allow kikes like Soros to sue media companies for removing violent revolutionary queers yelling "kill all white cis men". Same applies to dimwitted neoreactionary faggots wanting to own some niggers to pick cotton.

Twitter is left wing, but they do remove stuff from both sides, it's fairly neutral in that regard. Try tweeting "I support the cultural replacement of whites and white genocide", report it with a sock and that tweet will be ovened.