Remaking The Wogglebug Movie - In which kiwis weaponise their autism to piss Cynthia off.

Coelacanth

Your local cultural appropriating living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the crappy title, will make a better one later.

Quoting @8777BB5's post just so we have a place to start from!

Looks like all hands are coming on deck. So I looked over the past few pages and I see that among the common interests:

WoggleBug has to be Fifty Feet Tall and Breathe Fire
Antibo needs to be prominent/potential hero role
Kiwi Trees need a prominent/hero role
The theme would be horror verging on black comedy

Other ideas include focusing on other Oz Lore, focusing on increasing the dark/black comedic themes of the Hanson's unintentially dark/black comedy Wogglebug story and focusing on things that have come up previously in the thread (like Mantis Toboggan). All of which would make this movie a lot more interesting/enjoyable than what @WogglebugLover has come up with. So with that out of the way I think it might be a good idea to start outlining what would make the best script and who should the characters be.

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
As stated in the original Wogglebug thread I can do writing as well as any researching that needs to be done.

Also right now I'm currently working on an outline for a movie that takes inspiration from the Michael Snyder saga.. The premise I'm working on is that Antibo (or Antifa if you prefer) is a Lorax-esque Michael Snyder-inspired figure that looks after the Kiwi Trees and uses them to defend Emerald City. Almost every day he gets called from Princess Dorothy to go deal with Wogglebug. Wogglebug is a full of himself sex pervert who uses his teaching position as an unconvincing disguise to get young victims to engage in sex acts with him. Due to his size and fire-breath Oz would not be able to handle him were it not for Antibo and the Kiwi Trees being a constant thorn in his side and fighting him.

In addition to Oz standards like Jack Pumpkinhead, The Saw Horse, Tin Woodsman and The Scarecrow, there's also Mantis Toboggan and Sylvie who in this version is a sex crazed prostitute who when not flashing everyone is hungering for Wogglebug's penis.

I should hopefully have the outline in full posted by tonight.

8777BB5

kiwifarms.net
Just found out I have to go somewhere this evening so I'm going to post my outline now. I tried to work in everything people wanted so hopefully it's okay. If you have an outline/story idea I highly encourage you to post yours as well.
  • Antibo is seen watering his Kiwi Trees with Mountain Dew. A few minutes later his phone rings. He picks it up and much to his annoyance finds out he has to deal with his daily problem.
  • He quickly transfers the Kiwi Trees to a railroad gondola and with the help of the Little Engine That Could takes them out to South Oz.
  • Upon arrival we find the 50ft Wogglebug burning down a village while espousing the virtues of drinking tea with your pinky out.
  • Upon arrival Antibo and the Kiwi Trees quickly put a stop to the nonsense. Outraged WoggleBug tries to burn them down but finds that his fire breath can’t harm Antibo or the trees. Annoyed he tries to stomp on them but this is no good as he falls backward which results in him not only cracking his shell but being shot at by the irate townspeople.
  • Later in the day Antibo meets up with Dorothy. The two talk about how O.Z. was a real Pinhead for allowing Wogglebug to live in the vicinity. As they’re talking Sylvie comes running in and flashes both Dorothy and Antibo. She then asks Antibo if he saw Wogglebug’s Cock and says that she really, really wants to fuck it. She then flashes both Antibo and Dorothy again and then running off.
  • The next day Wogglebug attempts to go after Antibo and the Kiwi Trees. He goes to the woods under the guise of teaching Antibo on which knife and fork to use in fine dining. He attempts to sneak up on them but his stopped when the Freud trees get hard wood. Hearing their moaning in pain Antibo spirits the Kiwi Trees over to the Freud Trees and moments later Wogglebug is sent flying backwards.
  • The next day Antibo and Dr. Mantis Toboggan go to steal an egg that some rabbits had stolen from a dead mother dragon. The Rabbits, not wanting to give the egg to either of them, contact Wogglebug. Wogglebug arrives and tells both men that he has come to give them a lesson on etiquette when entering a room. Knowing how vain and pompous Wogglebug is, Antibo asks if he knows the Barney Fife room entering method. Wogglebug says he does not, which results in Dr. Toboggan saying that real etiquette teachers know the Barney Fife method. Outraged at being accused of not being a real etiquette teacher, Wogglebug runs off to discover the Barney Fife method. By the time he gets back Antibo and Dr. Mantis Toboggan are long gone with the egg.
  • Using one of Oz’s inventions Antibo and Dr. Mantis age the Dragon a thousand years and fit him with cyborg parts. As they’re getting ready for tests, they suddenly get a call from Dorothy saying Sylvie’s gone off to fuck Wogglebug. Realizing the time is now Antibo loads the Kiwi Trees onto a railroad gondola and moments later he and the Little Engine That Could are racing towards Wogglebug’s castle while Dr. Mantis and the Dragon fly through the sky.
  • They arrive at the castle and begin to fight. During the fight Sylvie is outraged to see that Wogglebug’s penis is one of the few things about him that isn’t big. She quickly defects to the other side. Outraged Wogglebug ups his attack on the Kiwi Trees and Antibo but he only succeeds in tiring himself out. Antibo tells Wogglebug to give up or he’ll be killed. When Wogglebug says that nothing can kill a cockroach the Dragon comes crashing down and smooshes him spraying everywhere in bug guts.
  • With Wogglebug gone things return to somewhat normal with the only difference being Sylvie now being obsessed with Antibo. As she chases him around the woods a group of different colored elves watches them. One of them (who is wearing a pink dress) says that they need to go let Greer know. They then leave

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll be making my own stop-motion Wogglebug movie that *hopefully* won't be garbage but I love that there's plans to do a collaborative one! I might focus on mine for the time being but I could help out at some point.

I was going to have Dr. Mantis Toboggan but since the name is an Always Sunny referance I'm employing the Chris-Chan naming strategy of rearranging letters. Working name is Mantis Goat Bong. Woggs will definitely be 50 feet tall and breathe fire at some point and have 6 arms. I want to have an explosion but I also don't want to lose fingers making this! ;)

Last edited:

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
There are two ways this could go - straight up pisstake parody, or an attempt to make a kids' film which is actually better, with some pisstaking nods to the Farms. Below is my idea for the latter, drawing on aspects from the movie as it is:
* Sylvia and her dad are driving to the Butterfly Ranch. Dad is a lawyer, he's saving the ranch from a ruthless property developer who wants to turn it into a slaughterhouse
* They arrive. Butterflyman and Propertyman are having an argument, both think they're in the right but we can tell that Propertyman cheated to give him an advantage (someone lawyer-talk this up)
(We have a "and you were there" trope - Woggy and Antibo have the same voice actors as Butterflyman and Propertyman)
* Dad says this is getting too much and kids shouldn't hear it. Butterflyman gives her some keys to the ranch enclosures "I think that's the right set!"
* She tries to go in but the keys don't work. She sees the outline of a door in the bark of a tree, and for fun tries the key. The door opens
* She finds herself in Oz. Woggy runs a (don't know) and Antibo wants to take it over and turn it into (don't know)
* They have until nightfall - Antibo's monsters can't enter places with pollen, but at night the Ozflowers will go to sleep, so they can cross into the land
* Woggy is an annoying prick, Synthia nearly abandoms him
* She decides to help. Woggy has a secret power where if he's annoyed enough, he will grow 50ft and be able to breathe fire. But he's too stuck up to get annoyed
* Sylvia decides to help him find something annoying enough
* (a scene where they meet another character, and Woggy refuses to acknowledge he's wrong about something)
* They come to the Kiwi Vine Grove, where the Kiwis mock the shit out of Woggy
* He snaps, and grows 50ft tall
* Carrying Synthia, he stomps back off to Antibo, and breathes fire all over his followers (they're enchanted puppets, so it's not murder)
* Antibo runs away, NEXT TIME GADGET!
* Butterflies swarm around Sylvie to thank her. All she can see is butterflies. They fly out of her face, and she sees she's in the butterfly enclosure.
* She goes back to the office, where her dad has just secured the butterfly farm for the owner
* The owner (remember he has Woggy's voice) says "Thank you so much!" and Dad says it's fine, but he's looking at Sylvie

howyadoin

cool cat from a bland show
kiwifarms.net
There are two ways this could go - straight up pisstake parody, or an attempt to make a kids' film which is actually better, with some pisstaking nods to the Farms. Below is my idea for the latter, drawing on aspects from the movie as it is:
* Sylvia and her dad are driving to the Butterfly Ranch. Dad is a lawyer, he's saving the ranch from a ruthless property developer who wants to turn it into a slaughterhouse
* They arrive. Butterflyman and Propertyman are having an argument, both think they're in the right but we can tell that Propertyman cheated to give him an advantage (someone lawyer-talk this up)
(We have a "and you were there" trope - Woggy and Antibo have the same voice actors as Butterflyman and Propertyman)
* Dad says this is getting too much and kids shouldn't hear it. Butterflyman gives her some keys to the ranch enclosures "I think that's the right set!"
* She tries to go in but the keys don't work. She sees the outline of a door in the bark of a tree, and for fun tries the key. The door opens
* She finds herself in Oz. Woggy runs a (don't know) and Antibo wants to take it over and turn it into (don't know)
* They have until nightfall - Antibo's monsters can't enter places with pollen, but at night the Ozflowers will go to sleep, so they can cross into the land
* Woggy is an annoying prick, Synthia nearly abandoms him
* She decides to help. Woggy has a secret power where if he's annoyed enough, he will grow 50ft and be able to breathe fire. But he's too stuck up to get annoyed
* Sylvia decides to help him find something annoying enough
* (a scene where they meet another character, and Woggy refuses to acknowledge he's wrong about something)
* They come to the Kiwi Vine Grove, where the Kiwis mock the shit out of Woggy
* He snaps, and grows 50ft tall
* Carrying Synthia, he stomps back off to Antibo, and breathes fire all over his followers (they're enchanted puppets, so it's not murder)
* Antibo runs away, NEXT TIME GADGET!
* Butterflies swarm around Sylvie to thank her. All she can see is butterflies. They fly out of her face, and she sees she's in the butterfly enclosure.
* She goes back to the office, where her dad has just secured the butterfly farm for the owner
* The owner (remember he has Woggy's voice) says "Thank you so much!" and Dad says it's fine, but he's looking at Sylvie
I like the general idea of Wogglebug trying to protect something from Antibo, though it'd be better if we're more faithful to Oz canon, where he owns the Royal College of Athletic Arts or the Royal College of Athletic Sciences. The place Sylvia's dad would protect is a barely functioning school (for some reason) and Antibo's counterpart wants to transform it so it becomes more profitable. While in Oz, Antibo sees Wobblebug's Royal College failing because he's merely an oversized cockroach, and Wobblebug should prove that the college should be worth saving (while reflecting on his flaws that he can improve on).

Anyway, like I said in the original Wobblebug thread, I can help with character design, and maybe writing, but I'm quite busy so I may not help much.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
I like the general idea of Wogglebug trying to protect something from Antibo, though it'd be better if we're more faithful to Oz canon, where he owns the Royal College of Athletic Arts or the Royal College of Athletic Sciences. The place Sylvia's dad would protect is a barely functioning school (for some reason) and Antibo's counterpart wants to transform it so it becomes more profitable. While in Oz, Antibo sees Wobblebug's Royal College failing because he's merely an oversized cockroach, and Wobblebug should prove that the college should be worth saving (while reflecting on his flaws that he can improve on).

Anyway, like I said in the original Wobblebug thread, I can help with character design, and maybe writing, but I'm quite busy so I may not help much.
Yes!
I completely forgot about Woggy's canon job, so that brings it together nicely.
Maybe the real world version is a sports club for poor kids or something, that'd make sense as something a "normal guy lawyer" would be defending, and be something that could be taken over by one antagonist.

Coelacanth

Your local cultural appropriating living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Finally got the chance to put down my thoughts – focussing more on psychological horror here. Bear in mind these are rough jottings but maybe there’s something there that can be used.

* Sylvie is a young girl who lives alone with her mother – a middle-aged woman called Cindy.

* Dad’s out of the picture.

* Cindy is a neglectful parent who spends all of her time doting over the Wogglebug, even spending most of the money she gets on making things to do with her bug husband.

* As a result Sylvie sees the Wogglebug as an emotionally abusive tormentor of sorts who pursues her in her nightmares, demanding attention from her constantly.

* Sylvie eventually conjures up Antibo – an imaginary friend who will be there for her no matter what.

* Her mother doesn’t give a shit.

* The Wogglebug eventually drags Sylvie into a more twisted version of Oz in one of her nightmares via dragging her through an open window.

* His appearance is more hellish here, even looking as if he’s burning from the inside. Even the other denizens of Oz look more twisted too.

* The Wogglebug also sees Antibo as a threat – coming between him and Sylvie.

* Antibo has to protect Sylvie from the Wogglebug’s increasingly hostile attempts to keep Sylvie for himself, while at the same time trying to help Sylvie find a way to escape Oz.

* Maybe growing 50 feet and capable of fire breathing at the end as a last ditch attempt to destroy Antibo.

* Antibo eventually sacrifices himself so that Sylvia can get home.

* Sylvia wakes up in hospital, revealing that what had actually happened was she had fallen out of a window while her mother was busy sperging out over people dissing her work online.

8777BB5

kiwifarms.net
An artist's impression:
Speaking of Gollywog dolls one idea I’m toying with would be to include classic children’s media into the story (hence why I had the little engine that could in my story) it could be something to add in case we don’t want to go too far in oz lore

PTNR 2.0

[showering intensifies]
kiwifarms.net
The Gollywogglebug needs to be a scammer that Sylvie (who ought to be retconned as having autism and being extremely naive) meets in the town of Nighjeerya, in the magical land of Fye-Var. He pretends to be a magical, educated bug in order to get Sylvie to give him money to pay his rent, with the promises of magical, fantastical adventures that he never actually delivers.

The Kiwi Trees are, of course, the heroes as they eventually convince the profoundly autistic Sylvie stop giving the Gollywogglebug her Tardbux, which is the currency in the magical land of Fye-Var, after they out the Gollywogglebug as a "Din'Doo", which is Fye-Varian for "evil spirt that takes advantage of the mentally infirm".

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino