Reminder: Use a real email address and a real password or you will lose your account

Status
Not open for further replies.

CumDumpster

camedei707, King of ROX
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for that advice, but Lastpass can still be hacked into and taken over. I manage my password with a locally stored KeePass file instead.
I do use KeePassXC since there's more platforms supported, but all KeePass versions usually will work with one-another provided they're using the same format (KeePassXC uses KeePass2 for it's database format).

EFF wrote up a tutorial for using KeePassXC sometime back, if you need it.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Come tell me that after your username and password on there is found out and your accounts are sold on the underground market.
It's all encrypted, comes with 2-factor identification and they give you up to date warnings about hacks and vulnerabilities.
Besides, if a major credit reporting agency can have 150 million people's information compromised, then just about anything could.

Last edited:

Kaede Akamatsu

Kaede is Kaebae
kiwifarms.net
You might as well just ban anyone who uses a temporary email address. Can't forget your password if your account doesn't exist anymore.

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving. I'm going to eat until I shit like I'm at a Taco Bell.

MerriedxReldnahc

#1 Wogglebug Fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only boomer who still writes passwords down in a notebook?

You kids these days and your online encrypted password managers. Back in my day all we had is post it notes and pencils. Then some asshole called JC Denton hacked into all the computers at work. I have no idea how.
I keep my passwords on a notecard and hide it in the same cupboard as my incense. If anyone wants to steal my passwords they must face the wrath of patchouli first.

the khat quaffer

It's been fun!
kiwifarms.net
You might as well just ban anyone who uses a temporary email address. Can't forget your password if your account doesn't exist anymore.

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving. I'm going to eat until I shit like I'm at a Taco Bell.

What is this fucking white people meme about taco bell making them shit uncontrollably? Nothing at Taco Bell should stir up any reasonable human's insides. Even covering my shit in Diablo sauce doesn't give me a stomachache.

I'm not mad I'm just curious. Is it one of those ironic forced memes?

Twolegstillmidnight

Off with her legs!
kiwifarms.net
What is this fucking white people meme about taco bell making them shit uncontrollably? Nothing at Taco Bell should stir up any reasonable human's insides. Even covering my shit in Diablo sauce doesn't give me a stomachache.

I'm not mad I'm just curious. Is it one of those ironic forced memes?

I think it depends on what kind of food you are accustomed to eating growing up. If you spent your life eating beans I highly doubt Taco Bell would do anything. If you ate beans only twice a year then congratulations on your happy marriage to the toilet.

edit: quoted twice accidentally

Chive Turkey

kiwifarms.net
Imagine caring enough about your e-lebrity status on a forum where you make dick jokes about spergs to beg the fucking admin. Just make a new meme account and learn from the experience, you emotionally unvalidated niggers.
I would but yandex keeps telling me it needs my phone number and I cant be assed
Yandex is pretty much ransomware at this point. I had the same problem when using it, and I'll be fucked before I give those Slavic monkeys anything of worth to access my burnermail. Switched to Protonmail since and have never looked back.

You can try to game Yandex' system by repeatedly trying to log in and out, eventually you might get in. It's not particularly well-designed.

Last edited:

The Sauce Boss

merry crimiss, pogchamp!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yandex is pretty much ransomware at this point. I had the same problem when using it, and I'll be fucked before I give those Slavic monkeys anything of worth to access my burnermail. Switched to Protonmail since and have never looked back.

Protonmail is fantastic and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Incorrect. People make brute force scripts that use long lists of words from the dictionary specifically to crack passwords like these.
Wordlists exist, but it's still 2659072234428 days of checking assuming the numbers in the comic.

(That is, wc -l /usr/share/dict/words is 123115, and 123115 * 123115 * 123115 * 123115 is 229743841054595400625, and 229743841054595400625 / (60 * 60 * 24 * 1000) is 2659072234428 (60 seconds times 60 minutes times 24 hours times 1000 checks per second))

Also the xkcd guy is a cuck, but that's neither here nor there.
Thanks for that advice, but Lastpass can still be hacked into and taken over. I manage my password with a locally stored KeePass file instead.
I do use KeePassXC since there's more platforms supported, but all KeePass versions usually will work with one-another provided they're using the same format (KeePassXC uses KeePass2 for it's database format).

EFF wrote up a tutorial for using KeePassXC sometime back, if you need it.
This.

I keep the database file on dropbox and I share it on my phone and laptop and desktop, and then I use the keepass app on those various platforms. Works like a charm.

In fact, I can register and add new accounts for stuff and have the files get synced properly. Nothing gets corrupted. I think the keepass file format is designed to support that.
It's all encrypted, comes with 2-factor identification and they give you up to date warnings about hacks and vulnerabilities.
Besides, if a major credit reporting agency can have 150 million people's information compromised, then just about anything could.
Hosting your shit yourself substantially raises the cost of getting access to it. And passwords are especially important. Putting your passwords on some well known, publicly accessible password management service is throwing the lamb to the lions.

Mage

Servant of the Pharaoh.
kiwifarms.net
Happy Thanksgiving Doggo.
I'm thankful for the endless entertainment I get on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.