World Republicans win North Carolina 9th and 3rd Congressional District special elections - Lead up to 2020

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marchesa_ofthe_Vast

Mediocre Commentator
kiwifarms.net
P
The fact that it's this close shows something.
I dunno what, but it shows something. North Carolina's been red since '63, yet the Republican's only ahead by 2.7 percent (~10PM EST).
I think it'll swing red, but this is somewhat unsettling news for the Republicans.
Personally I think it just means that Democrats have the more activated base. I wouldn't take this as a barometer of a general election when the presidency is involved.

Last edited:

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The pundits I heard today read the tea leaves on this as "if the dem wins it's reasonable, the gop guy was some last-minute rando, but if the dems lose it says a lot if basic name recognition isn't enough to help you in mildly friendly territory"

heathercho

정말로? Yes! Okey dokey yo.
kiwifarms.net
The fact that it's this close shows something.
I dunno what, but it shows something. North Carolina's been red since '63, yet the Republican's only ahead by 2.7 percent (~10PM EST).
I think it'll swing red, but this is somewhat unsettling news for the Republicans.
P

Personally I think it just means that Democrats have the more activated base. I wouldn't take this as a barmeter of a general election when the presidency is involved.
Since @Dr W has had TDS since day one, I think he's a little invested on whatever he wants things to be :story:.

I think its sign the road forward is gonna be hard for the orange boomer. Most people barely care about elections when they come around.
That's not how elections work in current year or any year with a celebrity candidate.
If this were Biden vs Neocon staple, I'd agree with you, but this isn't the case right now.

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
I think its sign the road forward is gonna be hard for the orange boomer. Most people barely care about elections when they come around.
Everyone who hates SJWs and progtard bullshit hates them even more now than they did back in 2016 because the Democrat party has gone full "woke" re.tard and are acting on the national stage like they've learned literally nothing. I don't think that's going to hurt Trump's chances.

The Pink Panther

Think Like Pink
kiwifarms.net
Not neccessarily.

He kinda has the advantage. Tramp can take pretty much the whole south and midwest (except for maybe Minnesota, Colorado, New Mexico, or Wisconsin; I think those are toss-ups), while Dems only have the very western states and the northeastern states guarenteed so far. Now I think it's kind of not in his favor for him to do rallies only in the states with the most Tramp fans, but I guess he's just going to where he knows he's guarenteed.

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
Typical MSM/D backtrack - "The fact dems won convincingly tonight proves that Drumpf can't win in 2020! Wait, what's that?"

"Er, the fact that the dems eked out the win proves that Drumpf can't win in 2020! Wait, what's that now?"

"Er, the fact republicans won, but NOT in a landslide, proves Drumpf can't win in 2020!"

In a first-pass winner-takes-all, the margins mean nothing if you DID NOT WIN.

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
Not really. If Biden gets the nom, a lot of dems are just going to be sickened by all the stuff he's doing with children. Creepy Uncle Joe won't win against Trump. The Media keeps propping his geriatric pederast ass up as the answer to Trump but he would lose in the general election against him. Basically all the democrats are pretty much shooting themselves in the foot. My family, who are hardcore democrats, couldn't watch the debates because they were getting pissed at them for going to hard left. I think this election will actually be easier for Trump because the dems are going too crazy left.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah this isn't just "oh hey the GOP won".
This was as far as I understand where in a mixed state they got caught red-handed up to shit, had to redo the election after the fact with some random literal who they grabbed off the shelf vs the dem who had been running nostop, and still won.
That's not a good omen for the dems if that's how this went.

Jump

kiwifarms.net
So the dems can't even win when they outspend 3 to 1.
And why spend all that money on some random seat that doesn't matter when they already control the house?
They spent big bux to get some some bluewave PR and failed. Again.
They are still talking about Bato v Rato that they lost like it was some big victory. THEY LOST. :pickle:

Arm Pit Cream

God only knows what I'd be without you
kiwifarms.net
Everyone who hates SJWs and progtard bullshit hates them even more now than they did back in 2016 because the Democrat party has gone full "woke" re.tard and are acting in the national stage like they've learned literally nothing. I don't think that's going to hurt Trump's chances.
I'm not denying that Trump has support or won't win but when hes barely winning these Republican strongholds, getting BTFO'd in midterm, alienating people with stuff like "King of Israel" and at most building 1/2th of the wall he promised.
I run the democratic debate threads, I know how big of a disaster the dems are. I pay attention to both Trump and Dems, I just just try to have some optimism.
Not neccessarily.

He kinda has the advantage. Tramp can take pretty much the whole south and midwest (except for maybe Minnesota, Colorado, New Mexico, or Wisconsin; I think those are toss-ups), while Dems only have the very western states and the northeastern states guarenteed so far. Now I think it's kind of not in his favor for him to do rallies only in the states with the most Tramp fans, but I guess he's just going to where he knows he's guarenteed.
Well every president has been reelected since Jimmy Carter, it's always expected for the president to have a dominant hand. He could be going up against some potentially competent debater like Sanders.
I would be pretty surprised if he lost, but that doesn't mean this isn't an even bigger struggle then 2016.
Not really. If Biden gets the nom, a lot of dems are just going to be sickened by all the stuff he's doing with children. Creepy Uncle Joe won't win against Trump. The Media keeps propping his geriatric pederast ass up as the answer to Trump but he would lose in the general election against him. Basically all the democrats are pretty much shooting themselves in the foot. My family, who are hardcore democrats, couldn't watch the debates because they were getting pissed at them for going to hard left. I think this election will actually be easier for Trump because the dems are going too crazy left.
I have no faith in Biden and would never unironically support him. I want him to see him struggle in the debates more. I believe Bernie or Warren would be more likely, Bernie preferred.
Bernie was able to get success in 2016 if largely with younger people. Again, Trump will win but anybody saying this is going to be easy isn't watching close enough.
Yeah this isn't just "oh hey the GOP won".
This was as far as I understand where in a mixed state they got caught red-handed up to shit, had to redo the election after the fact with some random literal who they grabbed off the shelf vs the dem who had been running nostop, and still won.
That's not a good omen for the dems if that's how this went.
It's a deeply red district with a loser dem candidate, if dems won that'd be a shock. They almost did, less then 2% votes apart.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well every president has been reelected since Jimmy Carter,
Bush Sr was a one-term.

As for the other stuff like I said that's as far as I understand the circumstances, but if you can't win after the other guys get caught red-handed doing shit and have to run some asshole and you can't manage to get your shit together with a second chance you got some real problems. Like at this point I think that crazy (alleged) pedo guy could have a reasonable chance.

Arm Pit Cream

God only knows what I'd be without you
kiwifarms.net
Bush Sr was a one-term.

As for the other stuff like I said that's as far as I understand the circumstances, but if you can't win after the other guys get caught red-handed doing shit and have to run some asshole and you can't manage to get your shit together with a second chance you got some real problems. Like at this point I think that crazy (alleged) pedo guy could have a reasonable chance.
Yeah but he didn't run for reelection, Carter did.

Do you mean Roy Moore?

I think both parties are on a trajectory towards destruction.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Your Weird Fetish
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino