Requesting some gun spergery. -

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

Yellow Yam Scam

not the kind of boy you're looking for
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hello friends and lovers.

I'm working on a character who is a stereotypical gun-nut - problem is I know nothing of guns, really. The character has a stereotypical AR-15-esque weapon and someone has just complimented him on it. He responds in a "Oh, yeah. It's got a x grip and a x barrel and a x caliber" sort of way and just goes on and on and on about it until no one gives a shit anymore. He's kind of a moron, but he does know his way around a gun.

So my request is: Can someone who knows guns/gun culture/gun people tell me what sort of things this dude would rant and brag about concerning his gun?

Last edited:
E

EI 903

kiwifarms.net

I'm working on a character who is a gun-nut - problem is I know nothing of guns, really. The character has a stereotypical AR-15-esque weapon and someone has just complimented him on it. He responds in a "Oh, yeah. It's got a x grip and a x barrel and a x caliber" sort of way and just goes on and on and on about it. He's kind of a moron, by the way.

So my request is: Can someone who knows guns/gun culture/gun people tell me what sort of things this dude would rant and brag about concerning his gun?

Paging @The Dude @Cute Anime Girl

H

HG 400

kiwifarms.net

I'm working on a character who is a gun-nut - problem is I know nothing of guns, really. The character has a stereotypical AR-15-esque weapon and someone has just complimented him on it. He responds in a "Oh, yeah. It's got a x grip and a x barrel and a x caliber" sort of way and just goes on and on and on about it. He's kind of a moron, but he does know his way around a gun.

This machine... she's a fully customised gas-automated death-dealing angel of justice. Gas block shortened and rerouted for fully auto 1800 rpm action, a .50 minie caliber rechamber with an 88-round iszmach-standard bakerlite mag. Sawed-off pistol grip with formica laquered acrylic furniture, and custom bayonet lugs to hold my red-dot 32x PSO-1 sniper scope. Every pump of her SVD reciever sends a 1600g hollow-rimmed chunk of steel-coated lead a full click downrange and when it hits it can core out an Achmed's skull like a rotten apple.

Yellow Yam Scam

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This machine... she's a fully customised gas-automated death-dealing angel of justice. Gas block shortened and rerouted for fully auto 1800 rpm action, a .50 minie caliber rechamber with an 88-round iszmach-standard bakerlite mag. Sawed-off pistol grip with formica laquered acrylic furniture, and custom bayonet lugs to hold my red-dot 32x PSO-1 sniper scope. Every pump of her SVD reciever sends a 1600g hollow-rimmed chunk of steel-coated lead a full click downrange and when it hits it can core out an Achmed's skull like a rotten apple.

More than I could have ever hoped for, thank you my friend.

The Dude

Make a difference in life. Gas a furry.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can help you out. I'm assuming this guy is the kind of moron who goes for a weapon as a status symbol.

"This bad boy right here is a Knight's Armament SR-15 E3 Mod 2. Its got a 16" cold hammer forged and MilSpec chrome lined barrel chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO with a mid-length gas system for enhanced reliability, a URX 4 KeyMod rail system, ambidextrous magazine release, ambi selector, ambi bolt release, MagPul MIAD pistol grip on the lower and MagPul AFG grip on the 9 o'clock rail, I installed a Geissele enhanced match grade trigger. She's running an ELCAN Spectre DR 1x/4x magnified combat optic, Knight's Armament 100m-600m folding backup iron sights in case the optic goes down, an L3 AN/PEQ-15 visible and infrared laser, SureFire 300 lumen Scout Light for whight light illumination and an infrared filter for night vision use, a SOPMOD six position collapsible stock, and to top it all off a quick detach SureFire SOCOM sound suppressor. She's a thing of beauty, ain't she? I call her Charlene."

The Knife's Husbando

Combat pragmatist
kiwifarms.net

I'm working on a character who is a stereotypical gun-nut - problem is I know nothing of guns, really. The character has a stereotypical AR-15-esque weapon and someone has just complimented him on it. He responds in a "Oh, yeah. It's got a x grip and a x barrel and a x caliber" sort of way and just goes on and on and on about it until no one gives a shit anymore. He's kind of a moron, but he does know his way around a gun.

"My penis is small, and I'm not really smart, so I overcompensate for this by bolting about three grand of off-the-shelf bullshit to a mass-produced military clone, short range spraygun that I paid a machinist ten grand to retool."

Dynastia & The Dude hit it dead on, no one who is a serious shooter has something like that.

Last edited:

Yellow Yam Scam

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can help you out. I'm assuming this guy is the kind of moron who goes for a weapon as a status symbol.

"This bad boy right here is a Knight's Armament SR-15 E3 Mod 2. Its got a 16" cold hammer forged and MilSpec chrome lined barrel chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO with a mid-length gas system for enhanced reliability, a URX 4 KeyMod rail system, ambidextrous magazine release, ambi selector, ambi bolt release, MagPul MIAD pistol grip on the lower and MagPul AFG grip on the 9 o'clock rail, I installed a Geissele enhanced match grade trigger. She's running an ELCAN Spectre DR 1x/4x magnified combat optic, Knight's Armament 100m-600m folding backup iron sights in case the optic goes down, an L3 AN/PEQ-15 visible and infrared laser, SureFire 300 lumen Scout Light for whight light illumination and an infrared filter for night vision use, a SOPMOD six position collapsible stock, and to top it all off a quick detach SureFire SOCOM sound suppressor. She's a thing of beauty, ain't she? I call her Charlene."

Mine's more accurate half the stuff Dude mentioned is in limited production or prototype-only and has no place outside science fiction.

YOU BOTH GET A GOLD STAR!

The Dude

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"My penis is small, and I'm not really smart, so I overcompensate for this by bolting about three grand of off-the-shelf bullshit to a mass-produced military clone, short range spraygun that I paid a machinist ten grand to retool."

Dynastia & The Dude hit it dead on, no one who is a serious shooter has something like that.

Actually, I just described a rifle that a buddy of mine owns and he uses it for tactical three gun competitions. He's a pretty serious shooter.

The Knife's Husbando

Combat pragmatist
kiwifarms.net
Several thousand dollars of custom tooling & several thousand dollars more of gadgets doesn't make you a serious shooter.

Practice does. That means you can still hit shit when the fancy do-dads go tits up.

The Dude

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Several thousand dollars of custom tooling & several thousand dollars more of gadgets doesn't make you a serious shooter.

Practice does. That means you can still hit shit when the fancy do-dads go tits up.

I agree. That's why it's not only important to have a good set of backup iron sights for if/when your optics go down, you also have to know how to use them. "Fancy gadgets" don't make a shooter, but they can help a skillful shooter in certain situations. A good flashlight is not a gadget, it's a necessity because you have to be able to identify your target. The right foregrip will lessen fatigue and help you stabilize the rifle which aids in accuracy when firing from the shoulder. Likewise a quality optic is now considered mandatory by serious shooters, whether it be a red dot or magnified optic. ELCAN makes some of the best combat optics on the market and have been used by the US, Canadian, UK, New Zeland, and Australian militaries for years and are regarded just as highly as Tirjicon. The only thing I really consider superfluous is the laser, but to each their own. As far as the rifle itself, there isn't any "custom tooling", whatever you mean by that. Aside from the accessories the only thing he's added that didn't come from the factory is the trigger. Knight's Armament makes a good rifle, but you are paying for the name. They are very popular in tactical three gun matches, and the guys who do three gun are VERY serious shooters, often putting thousands of rounds through their rifles both in practice and in competition every month.

Dr. Meme

Hardworking Libertarian Trans Woman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Guns don't kill people, Assault Weapons do.
not true one time i saw this video of a nice young man who said he was gonna go kill people because no one loved him. I don't want my children ending up like that so i make sure i let them know that I and god and jesus love them very much and try to avoid telling them guns exist.

gophergoober

kiwifarms.net
Oh, yeah. It's got a x grip and a x barrel and a x caliber" sort of way and just goes on and on and on about it until no one gives a shit anymore. He's kind of a moron, but he does know his way around a gun
So he is literally a AR-15 fanboy that thinks the AR is the end all be all rifle and he probably carries a Glock 21 as his everyday carry or a 1911. Sweet jesus, I work with alot of these kinds of people and can tell you, you need the character to be wearing 5.11 tactical pants and a underarmor type shirt hat says Glock or Sig and wearing patrol boots and needs to drive a Ford F-150 that has been jacked up and had a protected by X sticker on it.