Resident Evil - Discuss Why Mr. X Is Gonna Give It To Ya

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be a main thread for Resident Evil (not counting one that was focused on Resident Evil 2 getting a remake).

Discuss all things related to a series that originally had zombies before it switched to shooting Spaniards, Africans, and Chinese peoples infected with parasite, and soon to have a redneck family led by a cannibal Walter White/Trevor Philips.

Just to start off the thread: the Middle East has some people selling the game before the release date, the final boss and ending has been leaked, and someone made a MEGA that has an entire series of videos detailing the events that happened in the game.

Share your thoughts on how you feel about the series, whether it's the old games or how one feels about the first person title that's coming out four days after the new American overlord has been inaugurated.

ASoulMan

It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!
kiwifarms.net
RE games have always been fun to watch, whether it be a speedrun or a walkthrough.

I'd like to see this leak that you speak of.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
RE games have always been fun to watch, whether it be a speedrun or a walkthrough.

I'd like to see this leak that you speak of.
Here's the MEGA link for video leaks.

There are some videos on a leak that occured a few weeks back. This is one of them.

All that said, one can only ask how much progress the RE 2 remake has made. We already have a ton of RE 1 remakes and the only remake not part of it was 0. Nice to see if RE 2 has any news with it's remake.

Reactions: ASoulMan

Vrakks

Please... I go by Gold Diamond now.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always liked Resident Evil, mainly 'cause of all the cool parasites and stuff.
...yeah, that's all I can really contribute ;-;

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As far as Resident Evil goes, 7 kinda does seem to be the kind that tries to go back to the roots. I say tries because through video leaks, the only thing I see it share with the original is
the inventory system (which may of been from RE4) and being in a mansion, complete with a stalker that is like Nemesis.

I always liked Resident Evil, mainly 'cause of all the cool parasites and stuff.
...yeah, that's all I can really contribute ;-;
Yeah, the games used parasite since 3. Nemesis was a tyrant that had a special parasite in it. 4-6 pretty much gave us Los Plagas and its African and Eastern European/Chinese equivalent.

• Agree

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
Resident Evil 7 turned out to be good. Didn't think capcom had it in them anymore after 6 was a bloated directionless mess. It was kinda nice to go back to a simpler and more contained premise after three games of world domination stories.
I've been watching the Two Best Friends playthrough of it and, while I still think it's more like Silent Hill than Resident Evil, it's managed to kind of turn me around on it. Not enough to get the game, but I can now see why people like it.

I also checked out the RE wiki because I was curious about the story behind it and honestly, RE7 has just as much dumb story asspulls in it as all the other RE games. Though there is one plot element that just seems unforgivably stupid;
Eveline. Her creation and her bullshit psychic abilities. That's some RE movie bullshit right there.

Unrelated to RE7: I'd really like to see a RE: Outbreak remake. I've always thought the urban environments in RE were the best and most atmospheric, and the idea that you're playing a regular civilian in Racoon City when the shit hits the fan seems really appealing.

Pseudo edit: RE7 mentioning the reporter from Outbreak 2 earned it some points with me.

• Agree

TsumTsum

Adding to my collection of waifus.
kiwifarms.net
I personally hated 7. It started out wonderful for the first two hours and then tanked after that into a generic horror game you can find on Steam. Framerate issues (ship level made myself and the person I was playing with motion sick due to ghosting), predictability (same monster on repeat/lackluster plot), worthless and boring characters (only characters worth anything were Jack and Marguerite), pointless "BIG" decision (you know which one I was talking about), no replayability, and barely any connection the original REs made it just awful.

However, I do think they made steps in the right direction and I'm curious to see them expand on this new formula. As long as they drop the fucking little girl shit. Horror games need to stop with this right now. And bring back zombies.

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
I've recently watched the last (of the main campaign anyways) video of two best friends play RE7, and honestly? It really wasn't that bad all in all. I'm still not a fan of how they have, or are going to, change the lore, but I don't think it's as bad as my initial impression of it. Not something I'd buy for sure, but I can see why some long time RE fans would like it.

Now we just have to wait for the REmake of 2 and 3.

• Agree

Nazi vegeta

tfs vegeta
kiwifarms.net
I personally hated 7. It started out wonderful for the first two hours and then tanked after that into a generic horror game you can find on Steam. Framerate issues (ship level made myself and the person I was playing with motion sick due to ghosting), predictability (same monster on repeat/lackluster plot), worthless and boring characters (only characters worth anything were Jack and Marguerite), pointless "BIG" decision (you know which one I was talking about), no replayability, and barely any connection the original REs made it just awful.

However, I do think they made steps in the right direction and I'm curious to see them expand on this new formula. As long as they drop the fucking little girl shit. Horror games need to stop with this right now. And bring back zombies.
Re7 just feels like an half assed attempt at recreating Re1.

Re1 had waaaaay better bestiary, better and more coherent branched choices and a better cast of characters, all of this 20 fucking years ago.

Honestly I think the series started going to shit, when they decided to ditch the Re4 version where Leon got infected by progenitor.
They deemed it as too wacky to be a re title and yet here we are.

For me, Overall re7 was a step in the right direction but, it is still far from what I look for in a Re game.

• Agree

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
I always thought the tank controls got a unfair rap, once it was adapted to auto lock and thumbstick movement it worked fine.
Resident Evil is my favorite game series. Tank controls never bothered me and were just part of the game. It bugged me when people proclaimed that RE4 was the greatest thing ever because it no longer had tank controls.

It did. It just didn't have the fixed camera positions, and I presume that a lot of those nudniks conflate the two.

I simply cannot wait for the RE2-remake to come out. I lost my fudge when I saw the teaser at E3, and preordered as soon as I could.

Now, all that Capcom needs to do is shit out a port (or a remaster) of the Outbreak games, and I could die happy.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I eventually played 2 on the DC. Played some of 3, some of Code Veronica. Never really got that into the series. Seemed okay.
Also I played that weirdly accurate Game Boy Color port of the first one for a bit too.

Kevin Spencer

Quadriplegic Girls Gone Wild
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I will admit, the first RE had me jump. It was when you were walking down the hallway. Everything is quiet.....then 2 dogs break through the window. Fell in love ever since.

I’d love to check out that remastered RE2. Alwayshad fun playing and trying to 100% that game. The disc changing at the time was an interesting concept too, being able to play a new game on the other side.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Aside from Metro Exodus and Huniepop 2, the RE2 Remake is the only other game I'm likely to buy upon release. Saved up some money for it and I can only hope the area before you reach Raccoon City police department will be just as good. Don't mind escaping to Kendo's gun shop only for the owner to die a horrible death in these remake graphics.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino