Resident Evil - Now with BIG TALL MOMMY VAMPIRE MILKERS *is likely to mutate into a horrific abomination

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looking forward to RE8, but I'm still not going to preorder and I'll probably wait a week or two after it comes out.

Absolute Brainlet

Local demon pimp shitposting on New Zealand forum
kiwifarms.net
16194084047830.png

Dare I say.... kino?

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Adding "just something my friend used to say" doesn't make it any less of a RE4 reference. It makes it sound more like a shitty reference in a Youtube comment. If you played Resident Evil 4, you will get "What are you buyin?" It doesn't help that it isn't a particularly unique catchphrase and sounds awkward if you don't get what he's referencing.

"Pass me the salt...haha just something my friend used to say."

My problem isn't with the reference, it's that they give you the reference and then immediately say "THAT WAS A REFERENCE!" afterward. Again, just have the guy ask you "What're you buyin'?" when you open the menu sometimes.
Jesus you're bitchy. One little nod to a previous game and you go turbosperg.

Raiken

Making Nanomachines great again
kiwifarms.net
This makes the multiple endings much more interesting to achieve in my opinion because you have to put in at least some thought in how you want to go about it. It's not like RE7 where it's just an A or B decision two-thirds of the way through. I really wish the series kept this because it retains the sort of decision making you're already doing in the gameplay and applying it to the story. I know 3 does something similar, but I can't really speak on how effective it was because I haven't actually played it yet.
3 had from what i can remember only 2 endings that where only triggered by jumping off the rope bridge or not(if i remember corectly), all other choices change in game events.

What pissed me off the most in REmake 2 was that the B cenario does not change a lot what hapened in the A cenario, but I kinda suspect that the constantly ballooning budgets and the turntable of releases make it to hard the make a game that has a lot of choices.
It's also possible now that there are sequels they want to focus more on a single ending to less mudy the "canon" of the series.

KokoroKoroki

When everyone's a degenerate, no one will be
kiwifarms.net
I missed the time period to try the Village demo but I'll probably play it as part of the combined one later on. Castle demo was really solid, seemed rather short even by demo standards but I got what they were going for so I guess that's all that matters.

I also just finished RE7 on Madhouse, I really appreciate that they didn't just make the enemies stronger by dealing and taking more damage, they actually changed enemy placements and put traps in more inconspicuous places to force you to be more wary. Fuck the Marguerite fight though, I thought it was never going to end and I used like 4 or 5 F. Aid Meds.

I'm going to attempt End of Zoe on Joe Must Die difficulty and if it's anything like I've heard, it's the most brutal of all the difficulties so I'm not looking forward to it.

Megaroad 2012

SHORT AND GAY.
kiwifarms.net
I've been out of commission with a sprained ankle and stuck in our bedroom, so it's been nothing but Dreamcast Resident Evil games for the past few days.

Have to say, first time actually running through these versions and they really look great compared to the PSX releases (DC on a CRTV in general looks amazing still). A lot of background details I couldn't make out in the PSX version are now crystal clear in the Dreamcast versions.

But man, going from RE2 and 3 to Code Veroinica.... feels like a step backwords. On it now, I remember loving this one 20 years ago but it feels like it's at RE2 levels at best actually in terms of actual control and gameplay. Rough going to this right after Nemesis. Cool art direction and story though and the last really great God tier soundtrack in the series before it kind of becomes either droning noise or bland Hollywood shit.

Indian J.C denton

Hi I am indian glowie please sen bob and vag
kiwifarms.net
Spoiler: apparently if the leaks are true the whole story involves you saving your daughter from miranda who thinks it will bring back her daughter and eveline apparently being their creation. And the final boss fight being a FUCKING HIDE AND SEEK

Sinner's Sandwich

Eid Nedib Eid !
kiwifarms.net
I have a crazy theory. When I saw a painting of the sisters in the castle I was reminded of a similar painting from RE Code Veronica:
Screenshot_2021-04-29-15-38-57.png
I think Mother Miranda is/ is related to Veronica Ashford. Veronica is also the name of a saint https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Veronica and Mother Miranda is like a saint to the people in the village. It's also never stated what happend to Veronicas corpse just that samples of her body were used for cloning which resulted in Alexia Ashford. I guess behind the Mask is Alexias face, but it's not actually Alexias face but rather Alexia was a clone of Veronica.

Chris fought against Alexia and perhaps now he has to fight against Veronica.

Last edited:

Zelos Wilder

A drunk, a pervert, a junkie and a sodimizer.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a crazy theory. When I saw a painting of the sisters in the castle I was reminded of a similar painting from RE Code Veronica:
View attachment 2128389
I think Mother Miranda is/ is related to Veronica Ashford. Veronica is also the name of a saint https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Veronica and Miranda is like a saint to the people in the village. It's also never stated what happend to Veronicas corpse just that samples of her body were used for cloning which resulted in Alexia Ashford. I guess behind the Mask is Alexias face, but it's not actually Alexias face but rather Alexia was a clone of Veronica.
Ya know, I wouldn't hate this.

If your theory rings true, I'll buy you a drink.

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
Spoiler: apparently if the leaks are true the whole story involves you saving your daughter from miranda who thinks it will bring back her daughter and eveline apparently being their creation. And the final boss fight being a FUCKING HIDE AND SEEK
the most bullshit retcon
image0.png

okay, maybe not the worst, but I'm laughing. They really needed to explain how Spencer named Umbrella... Boring.

and yeah, Miranda sucks. Hate these types of villains who "just wanted to bring back their child"....Remember when we had chads like Birkin?
AAa5QRAABxy_.jpg

JamesFargo

Every word I say spells "fuck you" as an anagram.
kiwifarms.net
It's also possible now that there are sequels they want to focus more on a single ending to less mudy the "canon" of the series.
Canon cleansing. Keep everyone under one tent.

It's common practice, though a bit irksome.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2128389
I think Mother Miranda is/ is related to Veronica Ashford. Veronica is also the name of a saint https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Veronica and Mother Miranda is like a saint to the people in the village. It's also never stated what happend to Veronicas corpse just that samples of her body were used for cloning which resulted in Alexia Ashford. I guess behind the Mask is Alexias face, but it's not actually Alexias face but rather Alexia was a clone of Veronica.

Even before the "Tall Vampire Lady" memes became a thing, I've been suspecting RE8 would have some kind of tie to the Ashfords

It's possible that the Ashfords were one of the noble Houses that have ties to Mother Miranda.

If you notice, each one of the houses roughly corresponds to a part of Europe.

Dimitrescu - Romania
Heisenberg - Germany
Moreau - France
Benevento - Italy

The Ashfords would presumably be the British house, since both the Ashfords and Lord Spencer were English nobles.

What if Mother Miranda was part of a larger ancient dynasty that the noble houses are simply cadet branches of whatever house that Miranda is part of?

Raiken

Making Nanomachines great again
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2128389

Would be nice to make that connection, i'm kinda pissed that they are ignoring Code veronica for the longest time, and this would tie it back into main game status like it was originaly intended.
Still, it would make it even more odd that they are going for a remake of 4 instead of C:V(ignoring the easy reuse of assets.)

Dark Edea

kiwifarms.net
Ehhhh... I'll just play RE 1-4 again and call it a day. These newer ones are sad and disappointing.

That weird online one with the evil mastermind thing was neat though. It did what L4D needed to do and allowed a player to be the "ai controller".

Prince of Crows

It's been emotional
kiwifarms.net
I'm about to play RE7 for the first time in anticipation of RE8, any spoiler-free general advice or tips to help me through?