Resident Evil - Now with BIG TALL MOMMY VAMPIRE MILKERS *is likely to mutate into a horrific abomination

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
I remeber RE4 taking me something like 23 hours the first time I played it, and both 5 and 6 being fairly long for RE games too, not to mentioned that all three had a lot of post game content like mercenaries and some multiplayer stuff for 6.
I wonder why the new ones have been lacking so much in content
1)Fancy new engine
2) Trying to recapture the atmosphere of the classics that took places on limited locations and simultaneously appeal to the modern gamers who hate puzzles and the backtracking. Which is why the re engine games are more linear than the classics and lacking in content comparing to RE4-6 and Revelations.
3) Capcom reeeeeealy wants a RE multiplayer but they forgot how to make Outbreak.

Not to shit on Re Engine, but I'm tired of fanbots justifying the cut content from the REmakes because not everyone gives a crap about the budget PS4 exclusive photorealistic shit. Yeah, it looked impressive for awhile bubthe reused assets became noticeable. Lady Demisexual's tities and underpants cannot carry the whole game, Capcom.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Not a normal human
kiwifarms.net
Capcom has a habit of leaking denuvoless executables and they're one of the better companies about phasing it out. RE3 had it for less than a year.
Yeah this is why I'm gonna wait a little bit before actually getting RE8, at least on PC. After the shitstorm Denuvo caused in the Doom community, I'm paranoid about downloading anything with it attached, but Capcom at least has the courtesy to remove it after a while.

Frofo Baggis

I knew Graeme before it was cool, so I did.
kiwifarms.net
I remeber RE4 taking me something like 23 hours the first time I played it, and both 5 and 6 being fairly long for RE games too, not to mentioned that all three had a lot of post game content like mercenaries and some multiplayer stuff for 6.
I wonder why the new ones have been lacking so much in content
The RE2 remake was nowhere near as lacking as the RE3 one though. You technically had 4 different campaigns with 1st run and 2nd run for both characters. Even though they were 90% similar, they gave you a reason to play again. It also had the 4th survivor with HUNK and a couple other survival modes too. I didn't mind the lack of Mercenaries since the original 2 never had it but 3 not having it was criminal when the original introduced it and the game was already severely lacking in postgame content.

As for RE8, I hear its longer than RE7 which is good. RE7 had nothing postgame beyond the free Not a Hero DLC. The rest was paid DLC which wasn't worth the money. Still wasn't as lacking as 3 though.

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
As for RE8, I hear its longer than RE7 which is good. RE7 had nothing postgame beyond the free Not a Hero DLC. The rest was paid DLC which wasn't worth the money. Still wasn't as lacking as 3 though.
Look, one of those DLC's has a bug-eating, swamp-dwelling Vietnam veteran punch his way through a horde of totally-not-zombies before punching a resurrected Joe Baker to death. I highly recommend "acquiring" that one just for how shamelessly, enjoyably B-movie it is.

Raiken

Making Nanomachines great again
kiwifarms.net
Look, one of those DLC's has a bug-eating, swamp-dwelling Vietnam veteran punch his way through a horde of totally-not-zombies before punching a resurrected Joe Baker to death. I highly recommend "acquiring" that one just for how shamelessly, enjoyably B-movie it is.
You forgot to add that he gets a power glove that somehow was made to stop fungus people by beating them.

Raiken

Making Nanomachines great again
kiwifarms.net
No no. The glove is to help with hauling heavy cargo loads as a hydraulic brace. He just decides its much better off being used to punch eldritch horrors to death, badass that he is.
That makes no sense that it's made for thst while it's only a pair of gloves but this makes so much more awesome.

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
Played the demo for shits and giggles since I got my series X for basically 50 bucks and why the fuck not. Pretty excited for the full release. Capcom has been on a roll recently and this doesn't seem to be a case where they break their streak.

KokoroKoroki

When everyone's a degenerate, no one will be
kiwifarms.net
To actually quote Joe Baker:
"Holy god, this is some horror movie bullshit."

Saul Goodman Fan

S’all Good Man
kiwifarms.net
I'm about to play RE7 for the first time in anticipation of RE8, any spoiler-free general advice or tips to help me through?
Curb your expectations once you get to the tanker level as the game kinda goes downhill at that point.
Would be nice to make that connection, i'm kinda pissed that they are ignoring Code veronica for the longest time, and this would tie it back into main game status like it was originaly intended.
Still, it would make it even more odd that they are going for a remake of 4 instead of C:V(ignoring the easy reuse of assets.)
Remaking 4 and not CV is a very blatant cash grab by Capcom as a remake of 4 will sell a lot better than a remake of CV.

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
Decided to try the demo out just to see how well it runs. Turned raytracing on high and was able to maintain a solid 60 fps. Would admire pretty fictional candles again.

Just Here for A and H

Has kink-shamed hundreds of people... to death.
kiwifarms.net
I haven't played a Resident Evil game since 5, which was great fun with friends. 4 was always my favorite, and I was disappointed they didn't go that route again, so I'd just kind of tuned this one out like the last few. Wound up watching Vinny's playthrough of the demo and it's basically just Resident Evil 4-II, which is great.

Also I couldn't get over how nice the environments and clothing looked, but as with all modern AAA games, the faces are a bit iffy. Definitely one of the prettier games I've seen in the "ultra-realistic graphics" trend.

Resunoit

kiwifarms.net
So it turns out we’ll be seeing this thing in-game.
AAC7DFA1-BAB2-4DD7-9C06-8CE16D8F2863.png

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The RE2 remake was nowhere near as lacking as the RE3 one though. You technically had 4 different campaigns with 1st run and 2nd run for both characters. Even though they were 90% similar, they gave you a reason to play again. It also had the 4th survivor with HUNK and a couple other survival modes too. I didn't mind the lack of Mercenaries since the original 2 never had it but 3 not having it was criminal when the original introduced it and the game was already severely lacking in postgame content.

I mean, it's pretty obvious the RE3 remake was supposed to be just a story DLC for the RE2 remake but Capcom wanted a "sure thing" that they could bundle Resistance with to make sure it'd sell.