that's my biggest problem with this ''remake'': It doesnt replace the original like remake 1 does, as the definitive Re2 version. Re2 really needed a faithful remake in my opinion, not another re-imagining. We already got darkside chronicles and operation raccoon city that serve that purpose.Now, does REmake 2 make a good substitute or replacement for the original game? No. You want both around. For all the good this game is, there are parts they were lazy on. The trip to the police station is much shorter, literally a big circle around some zombies and stalled traffic. They do make you play through the gas station instead of watching it though, so maybe that makes up for it. Leon and Claire barley see each other at all during the scenario.
I've also heard that the A/B scenarios aren't much different from each other. That in fact the developers downright slacked off some places like Annette dying twice. You can no longer leave supplies for the other character to collect. You just grab whatever you want and they get their own stuff.
Your mileage may vary on that, but TLDR; get the thing. Actually, spend ten extra bucks to get the Deluxe Edition because the DLC bonuses are very nice.
Also I shouldnt be buying a dlc to get a decent soundtrack.
I think I would have liked it more, if this was its own new game. Well, at least it's a good game overall.
yeah, you would get it with claire via FAX, right when she was about to leave the stars office. Chris had asked to a guy in the FBI, to do some background search on Irons before he had left for Europe. Another small thing that has been dropped in this game (the fax I mean)If I remember correctly (it's been at least 2 years since I last played the original version of Resident Evil 2) wasn't there a file in the original game that accused him of being a rapist?
1) I dont think brad is in the game as of now.I finished the PSX Version (Dualshock) yesterday to prepare for the remake and i have a couple of questions before i start the remake
1) Is the special key still there? and the way to obtain it is the same?
2) The mods to the weapons (in the case of Leon) are still there? and if they are there can i cheese again using the Remington/Desert Eagle?
3) Is true that now the knife is not useless?
4) How different is the structure of the police station compared to the original?
5) Does Mr X appear only in B (i only finished Claire A/Leon B and only saw him in Leon B) or he appears in every scenario?
6) He appears constantly? or only in certain places?
Wait there was 5 more of those things? i remember a lot of capsules in the helicopter that drop him and i thought one of them was Nemesis
3) there are multiple knives and you can use them as defense items like in remake1 and to attack ala re4.
4) pretty different but many rooms are still where they used to be.
5) I think he appears in every scenario but only leon has a proper bossfight with him.
6)once he appears he will be on your ass constantly until you change the section of the game you're in.
most of those capsules were dropped near the Re3 factory, to fight against the US army. As you can see at the end of Re3, the Whole place has a few tyrant corpses laying around