Resident Evil - Discuss Why Mr. X Is Gonna Give It To Ya

Ali della Fenice

Tigrotto mafioso
kiwifarms.net
Now, does REmake 2 make a good substitute or replacement for the original game? No. You want both around. For all the good this game is, there are parts they were lazy on. The trip to the police station is much shorter, literally a big circle around some zombies and stalled traffic. They do make you play through the gas station instead of watching it though, so maybe that makes up for it. Leon and Claire barley see each other at all during the scenario.

I've also heard that the A/B scenarios aren't much different from each other. That in fact the developers downright slacked off some places like Annette dying twice. You can no longer leave supplies for the other character to collect. You just grab whatever you want and they get their own stuff.

Your mileage may vary on that, but TLDR; get the thing. Actually, spend ten extra bucks to get the Deluxe Edition because the DLC bonuses are very nice.
that's my biggest problem with this ''remake'': It doesnt replace the original like remake 1 does, as the definitive Re2 version. Re2 really needed a faithful remake in my opinion, not another re-imagining. We already got darkside chronicles and operation raccoon city that serve that purpose.
Also I shouldnt be buying a dlc to get a decent soundtrack.
I think I would have liked it more, if this was its own new game. Well, at least it's a good game overall.

If I remember correctly (it's been at least 2 years since I last played the original version of Resident Evil 2) wasn't there a file in the original game that accused him of being a rapist?
yeah, you would get it with claire via FAX, right when she was about to leave the stars office. Chris had asked to a guy in the FBI, to do some background search on Irons before he had left for Europe. Another small thing that has been dropped in this game (the fax I mean)

I finished the PSX Version (Dualshock) yesterday to prepare for the remake and i have a couple of questions before i start the remake

1) Is the special key still there? and the way to obtain it is the same?

2) The mods to the weapons (in the case of Leon) are still there? and if they are there can i cheese again using the Remington/Desert Eagle?

3) Is true that now the knife is not useless?

4) How different is the structure of the police station compared to the original?

5) Does Mr X appear only in B (i only finished Claire A/Leon B and only saw him in Leon B) or he appears in every scenario?

6) He appears constantly? or only in certain places?

Wait there was 5 more of those things? i remember a lot of capsules in the helicopter that drop him and i thought one of them was Nemesis
1) I dont think brad is in the game as of now.

2) yes

3) there are multiple knives and you can use them as defense items like in remake1 and to attack ala re4.

4) pretty different but many rooms are still where they used to be.

5) I think he appears in every scenario but only leon has a proper bossfight with him.

6)once he appears he will be on your ass constantly until you change the section of the game you're in.

most of those capsules were dropped near the Re3 factory, to fight against the US army. As you can see at the end of Re3, the Whole place has a few tyrant corpses laying around

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
1) brad is not in the game sadly.
Shame, the cowboy pistol of Claire was a neat gun to have for the higher dakka

5) I think he appears in every scenario but only leon has a proper bossfight with him.
Same as the first i see, where you blast him to oblivion with the Rocket launcher, i laughed hard in that part the dub is so bad (Game over)

He was like the Kool Aid man but with a fancy coat

Screenshot_2243.jpg

Screenshot_2245.jpg

Screenshot_2246.jpg

Screenshot_2252.jpg

6)once he appears he will be on your ass constantly until you change the section of the game you're in.
I suppose the creaking door animations was removed and to get away for him for example if he appears in main hall you have to flee to the library or to the part where you encounter the first licker

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I suppose the creaking door animations was removed and to get away for him for example if he appears in main hall you have to flee to the library or to the part where you encounter the first licker
He can open any doors and climb ladders/staircases. The only way to shake him is to transition zones ie police station/parking garage

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
He can open any doors and climb ladders/staircases. The only way to shake him is to transition zones ie police station/parking garage
So there is no way to kill him like in the first?, i will have that in mind

Jaimas

Sharkitect
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One thing of note is a unique mechanic that Resident Evil 2's remake does, and plays into Mr. X's behavior: Every single enemy in the game has its health, actions, and locations recorded seperately by the game. Zombies will roam room to room. So will Lickers. Since every enemy in the game has persistent damage, an enemy you weaken, but not kill, will, if encountered later, still be weakened and have the same wounds. Every enemy has its own unique sightlines and responses to different stimuli (Zombies track mostly via sight and ignore loud noises; Lickers are the exact opposite), so you can sneak by some foes with careful positioning and good knowledge of terrain.

Mr. X tries actively to pursue you and has a fondness for coming at you from strange angles. He will beeline to your position if he hears noise, either from a loud Zombie groaning, a Licker screeching, a Cerberus bark, or you firing. If he has absolutely no fucking idea where you are, he seems to patrol steadily via the second floor and count on the locals to reveal your position for him.

He doesn't cheat like the Alien from Alien: Isolation, so it is possible to evade him for a while even with him clomping around. There's also a few rooms he won't go into, but be forewarned; hide in them too often and he will pick up on it, either chasing you there intentionally or ambushing you when you go there.

If you see him, but you haven't heard his music kick in, it means he hasn't noticed you yet. If you hear his music, RUN BITCH, HE GONNA GITCHA. You can put him down for a few seconds if you blast him enough, which should be enough to get you clear. Alternately a Flashbang will do a bang-up job of making him fuck off for a few seconds.

One last thing. Do not shoot off his hat. You have been warned.

BeanBidan

Welcome to Silent Hill faggots.
kiwifarms.net
Alfred Ashford is a really underrated character in my opinion, I even prefer him over Albert Wesker. I don't think they'll remake Code Veronica though since they recently-ish brought out a remaster of the version released on PS2 so they'll probably want to tard cum the shit out of the remaster for as long as they can.
I agree, his spilt personality also scared me when I was 13 and playing it for the first time. Even Wesker couldn't handle his sister. And unfortunately you're right. They probaly won't remake it. Still a man can dream. A man can dream.

yeahweknow

kiwifarms.net
if youre nearby, you can ditch him if you duck in the stars office and walk slowly or when you go to the clock tower

Ali della Fenice

Tigrotto mafioso
kiwifarms.net
Same as the first i see, where you blast him to oblivion with the Rocket launcher, i laughed hard in that part the dub is so bad (Game over)

Not the same at all. In og re2, he stalks whoever is on side B and only there.
In the remake no matter what, only leon gets the proper super tyrant bossfight against him but he gets to stalk both characters at some point, regardless of A or B.

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
Its only triggered for me once but he can still bust through the wall from the press room to the interrogation corridor, spooked the hell out of me when it happened.
I only have the file achievement and raccoon achievement left now, kind of a shame you don't get anything else from S+ other than the rocket and minigun.
4th Survivor is also really great, its a fantastic way to learn what zombies animations mean for you due to it being made for just running straight through. The different Tofu are also very fun and play pretty different at least due to the loadouts, regular Tofu isn't even the hardest of them either due to the crazy amount of knives you get. Annin is a motherfucker though, you get plenty of healing but only 1 knife, the LeonB pistol, and ClaireB Revolver. You have to either dodge everything or just tank the damage because the knife will save you from instant kills right at the end when there is just a clusterfuck of enemies. These are probably the best my times are going to get.
Finaltimes.png

UnclePhil

Getting older in a changing, frightening world.
kiwifarms.net
There are three rooms Mr. X does not enter in the RCPD: the Chief's Office, the Dark Room and the Clock Tower. The former two are safe rooms, and in the other you do a rendition of the gear puzzle.

However, X will creep the places surrounding those rooms, waiting for you. You'll still hear his footsteps and doors opening, and it's a bone-chilling moment to think even safe rooms aren't off limits from him.

Outside the Chief's Office, for example, he likes to lurk around the stairwell down the hall. Sometimes he'll slowly descend the stairs out of the darkness, and others he'll be over in the corner.

UnclePhil

kiwifarms.net
This game is kind of bullshit with its DLC, but the only one I can recommend is the $3 classic soundtrack/sound effects because the music in this game is kind of lacking. You can skip everything else, although the Elza one is pretty neat. Modders have a lot of free custom reskins and models out right now, so you don't need to pay anything anyway.
The Elza costume is great. Switching to it was the first thing I did as Claire.

The classic soundtrack is essential. The new music is not just subpar; it stops looping and never plays again in some areas. They dropped the ball big time in that department.

Oh, and one warning about the Deluxe Version if you're planning to get that one. For the extra ten bucks you don't get the DLC included on disc. Instead they include a download code voucher that expires next year. Typical Capcom these days.

I'm looking forward to the free DLC coming out, though. Ghost Survivors sounds promising and it will be interesting to see how those '98 skins look.

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
There are three rooms Mr. X does not enter in the RCPD: the Chief's Office, the Dark Room and the Clock Tower. The former two are safe rooms, and in the other you do a rendition of the gear puzzle.

However, X will creep the places surrounding those rooms, waiting for you. You'll still hear his footsteps and doors opening, and it's a bone-chilling moment to think even safe rooms aren't off limits from him.

Outside the Chief's Office, for example, he likes to lurk around the stairwell down the hall. Sometimes he'll slowly descend the stairs out of the darkness, and others he'll be over in the corner.
That's why I learned to carefully peak through the door whenever I heard his boots.

Though doing that also scared the shit out of me when I was poking out of the STARS office and he stomped by right when I thought it was safe.

UnclePhil

kiwifarms.net
That's why I learned to carefully peak through the door whenever I heard his boots.

Though doing that also scared the shit out of me when I was poking out of the STARS office and he stomped by right when I thought it was safe.
There are also times when the game appears to rubber-band him to your location. The library while trying to do the bookcase puzzle is one. No matter how much distance I put between us, he always zeroed in on me. A simple matter of pulling objects to the right became a drawn out cat-and-mouse game.

Good thing his A.I. didn't change his pathfinding during that ordeal. He would take the stairs up, slowly walk the long way around, and then hop down the ladder. Rinse, repeat. I learned to time how long it took him to reach me before I had to flee and get him on the other side again.

Then I found out you can push all four of the bookcases to the right at once? Well, shit.

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
There are also times when the game appears to rubber-band him to your location. The library while trying to do the bookcase puzzle is one. No matter how much distance I put between us, he always zeroed in on me. A simple matter of pulling objects to the right became a drawn out cat-and-mouse game.

Good thing his A.I. didn't change his pathfinding during that ordeal. He would take the stairs up, slowly walk the long way around, and then hop down the ladder. Rinse, repeat. I learned to time how long it took him to reach me before I had to flee and get him on the other side again.

Then I found out you can push all four of the bookcases to the right at once? Well, shit.
Yeah, I've noticed that for that one too.

Though I just wrote it off as the bookshelves making a shitton of noise, especially when you lower the jack, that I was like, "Okay, whatever. Makes sense that he'd beeline there."

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've almost completed Claire B. I got to the part right after the forced stealth section. I didn't like it much but at least it was short. It felt very shoe-horned in there just because the original game had you play Sherry. Whereas when you get to play as Ada it's great.

But otherwise it's fantastic. One of the best Survival Horrors ever, 2nd to Alien Isolation. I feel like a plebian but I prefer to play it on Normal because having more inventory space reduces the tedium of going back and forth to collect items and I really don't like how bullet spongey the zombies are in Hardcore. I get why they're made to be that difficult but the typical zombie taking an entire pistol clip to the head and it still doesn't die is absurd. I mean, I get it, they want you to just shoot them and move on but when Mr. X is a constant threat I just don't want to chance it. I feel like Normal is a really good middle ground for difficulty because the zombies are still no pushover and I like that a head pop is just a little more frequent with the pistols.

Rant: the one thing I really don't like about the old RE games (before 4 because fuck me I'm old and 4 is over 15 years old now) is that they had to be played a very specific way. You were forced to avoid zombies in certain spots. You were forced to collect items in a very specific way. And if you used too much ammo, too fucking bad, now the boss is much harder. I also hated puzzle bosses too (aside from the Gator in 2 which is kind of sort of a puzzle boss I guess). Sometimes I just want to kill everything and proceed at my own pace. And sometimes I want to save that ammo. Just let me decide how I want to play. Because of this, the game's don't have a lot of variety in terms of individual experiences. If you were to watch a 100% LP (that's a non-autistic speedrun) you would basically have the same exact experience as that player. The only exception is if you use cheats or special weapons that allow you to fuck shit up in your own way.

PS: fuck the knife in the old games. It was fucking worthless. Making it into a defensive item is the way to go. I did hear that the knife is absurdly strong in Code Veronica though.

That's why I like 4 and this game because you can play in your own way. My only wish was that 4 was more serious-minded and didn't have that fucking Napoleon Midget. The first level of 4 and when you see the Bagman is fucking amazing horror atmosphere but after that the horror element just falls off a cliff and the game just fails at recapturing that later on.

INB4 a Mercenaries mode is paid DLC.

Last edited:

yeahweknow

kiwifarms.net
i have the annin and flan tofu survivors to complete, and i fucking died on the last stairway as flan, i went through nearly the whole thing on danger health, and mr x was right behind me so i didnt have time to shoot anything

as for annin, you need to be lucky not to get hit by any dogs or lickers

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
For the Lickers with Annin I try to start with the pistol, then revolver to try and stun, and hopefully by that point I'm close enough to knife it. Usually you only need to deal with the one before the ladder to the parking garage. For the basement corridor you can walk beside the left wall and avoid the torso zombie and Licker on the roof from triggering. If you walk through the West office door to West Hallway you only need to walk until the middle pillar in the hall before the dark room. As for the dogs I find that a serpentine movement kind of works for the bridge area that they're in.

I also found out for the PC version that DX12 is shit, and if you have a good graphics card but still get stutter increase the texture quality instead of lowering it. This is probably just subjective but my performance got a lot better when I moved it from 1gb to 3gb, even when I turned up other settings nothing really started to run worse. Maybe it was just DX12 but I read that bumping texture quality has been helping people as well.

Edit: Also for DLC I imagine the second run will have something more Arcade like if none of the Ghost Survivors are like that. I could see capcom maybe putting out an in game randomizer due to the popularity of the mods for a DLC as well, it makes sense business wise I think.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino