Resident Evil - Discuss Why Mr. X Is Gonna Give It To Ya

Ali della Fenice

Cosa credi, che abbia perso la forza?
kiwifarms.net
You know what I found horribly amusing? When people got terribly upset at RE5 for being able to massacre black people. When this happened in Zero though? Nobody gave a shit lol
That would mean that they had to play the damn game, to find out about that one cutscene.

Cubanodun

White PlayStation Supremacist
kiwifarms.net
Finally managed to install it and play it and wow, what a overhaul of all the game but for some reason the combat remind me of Alan Wake

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I completed Hunk. 10:33 which isn't too bad for a first run. Tofu is awesome but I definitely need to look up how to complete it with him. I could never beat Tofu mode back in the day and -confession- I used the infinite ammo cheat back then.

Ali della Fenice

Cosa credi, che abbia perso la forza?
kiwifarms.net
Cant blame Leo over this. I think 99% of people would go for Ada too, especially this time that they chose a fucking smoking hot as fuck chick to play her. In comparison Claire is just cute.

Oh Shit I'm Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
There are three rooms Mr. X does not enter in the RCPD: the Chief's Office, the Dark Room and the Clock Tower. The former two are safe rooms, and in the other you do a rendition of the gear puzzle.

However, X will creep the places surrounding those rooms, waiting for you. You'll still hear his footsteps and doors opening, and it's a bone-chilling moment to think even safe rooms aren't off limits from him.

Outside the Chief's Office, for example, he likes to lurk around the stairwell down the hall. Sometimes he'll slowly descend the stairs out of the darkness, and others he'll be over in the corner.
He doesn't enter the Clock Tower but he can exit it.

I lost him downstairs on I think it was my very first run (Leon Hardcore) and decided to wipe out the pair of zombies in the 3rd floor hallway since I figured it'd take him a while to follow me from behind and I'd more than enough time only for him to open and walk out of the Clock Tower door despite the fact that it's a dead-end instead because fuck you X does what he wants.

Another time I was exiting the Dark Room only for him to immediately throw me right back into it which I guess was his way of telling me to stay in my room.

The great thing about X is that there's tons of different things they can do with him (either in future DLC or mods). Like some people have brought up allowing him to follow you into any room or having him be there the entire police station or if they wanted to be truly evil remove the footstep noise so you can't tell where he is or make him a one-hit kill.

My only wish was that 4 was more serious-minded and didn't have that fucking Napoleon Midget. The first level of 4 and when you see the Bagman is fucking amazing horror atmosphere but after that the horror element just falls off a cliff and the game just fails at recapturing that later on.
The village was definitely the best section of RE4 but I disagree about it not being scary afterwards. The one segment I'll never forget and always bring up when discussing the scary bits of RE4 was when you first entered the castle and then had to enter the prison to proceed where you had to fight your first Garrador. What made it so effective was they made it blatantly obvious the second you got down there he was gonna burst out of his chains and start attacking you and you have absolutely no idea what exactly it can do but your only choice is to bite the bullet and head down there anyways so you slowly creep towards the lever just waiting for him to wake up and then he does and oh yeah also he has 5-feet long Wolverine claws have fun. There's other parts too like the hedge maze with the fucking dogs and some of the bosses (specifically Verdugo and U3) that kept you spooked well enough.

My only wish was that 4 was more serious-minded and didn't have that fucking Napoleon Midget.

Yeah but Napoleonskennedy midget gave us "You're right hand comes off?".

i have the annin and flan tofu survivors to complete, and i fucking died on the last stairway as flan, i went through nearly the whole thing on danger health, and mr x was right behind me so i didnt have time to shoot anything

as for annin, you need to be lucky not to get hit by any dogs or lickers
The Wiki states that X won't spawn at the end until you're a certain distance past the gate (maybe when you go through it?) which gives you a little bit of time to clear out a few of the zombies.

Reactions: UnclePhil

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The village was definitely the best section of RE4 but I disagree about it not being scary afterwards. The one segment I'll never forget and always bring up when discussing the scary bits of RE4 was when you first entered the castle and then had to enter the prison to proceed where you had to fight your first Garrador. What made it so effective was they made it blatantly obvious the second you got down there he was gonna burst out of his chains and start attacking you and you have absolutely no idea what exactly it can do but your only choice is to bite the bullet and head down there anyways so you slowly creep towards the lever just waiting for him to wake up and then he does and oh yeah also he has 5-feet long Wolverine claws have fun. There's other parts too like the hedge maze with the fucking dogs and some of the bosses (specifically Verdugo and U3) that kept you spooked well enough.

My only wish was that 4 was more serious-minded and didn't have that fucking Napoleon Midget.

Yeah but Napoleonskennedy midget gave us "You're right hand comes off?".
There's little moments throughout 4 that harken back to the early game like when the cult members appear and you have to protect Ashley. But it's too few and far between at that point.

UnclePhil

Getting older in a changing, frightening world.
kiwifarms.net
Cinemassacre posted a James and Mike Mondays about the original Resident Evil 2.

It is rather uncomfortable to watch.

The paraphrased novelization: Capcom is sponsoring the video to promote R2Make, and for their money they get almost 20 minutes of apathy and weapons-grade autism. Special guest Kieran, with the enthusiasm of an old Ulillillia video, explains the most mundane aspects of Resident Evil 2 to two guys who clearly do not give a SHIT.

"Okay, so this is Resident Evil 2."

"Mm."

James says he never got past the first screen because there were too many zombies.

"The first thing I'm gonna show you guys is how to get this character's super-secret costume."

“Huh."

"I'm running to the police station without collecting any bullets and that’s hard."

"Neat."

Kieran spawns the Brad zombie. James, clinging for something in his wheelhouse, starts talking about how the fixed camera angles create a cinematic atmosphere, only to be sharply cut off by Kieran. James looks like he is ready to murder for the next few minutes.

"And here's the secret costume."

"Cool. Wow. He's ripped."

"You guys ready for super-secret # 2?"

Cue Mike. "You know what this reminds me of? Zelda 64. Remember Zelda 64? Anyway, Zelda 64..."

Kieran takes them to the S.T.A.R.S. Office. He checks Wesker's desk 50 times for the film roll.

Cue Mike. "You know what this reminds me of? SimCity on SNES. Remember SimCity on SNES? Anyway, SimCity on SNES..."

Kieran obtains the film roll. Back to the Dark Room. "You guys ready? Ready?"

He reveals Rebecca's sexy cheerleader photo.

James and Mike stare at the screen, trying to process what they're supposed to be looking at.

JAMES: "Okay, is that it?"

Kieran explains that this is Rebecca Chambers. Rebecca. Chambers. She was in the first game, Rebecca was.

"Ah."

And it peters into a wrap-up from there, fading out on the worst Photoshop job in video game history.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When can we expect a DLC where you get to play the events of RE3: Nemesis?
It's not going to be a DLC. Maybe something with Rebecca or Brad or maybe even Wesker. But all signs point to a RE3make. And shit, maybe Code Veronica remake too?

Cinemassacre posted a James and Mike Mondays about the original Resident Evil 2.

It is rather uncomfortable to watch.

The paraphrased novelization: Capcom is sponsoring the video to promote R2Make, and for their money they get almost 20 minutes of apathy and weapons-grade autism. Special guest Kieran, with the enthusiasm of an old Ulillillia video, explains the most mundane aspects of Resident Evil 2 to two guys who clearly do not give a SHIT.

"Okay, so this is Resident Evil 2."

"Mm."

James says he never got past the first screen because there were too many zombies.

"The first thing I'm gonna show you guys is how to get this character's super-secret costume."

“Huh."

"I'm running to the police station without collecting any bullets and that’s hard."

"Neat."

Kieran spawns the Brad zombie. James, clinging for something in his wheelhouse, starts talking about how the fixed camera angles create a cinematic atmosphere, only to be sharply cut off by Kieran. James looks like he is ready to murder for the next few minutes.

"And here's the secret costume."

"Cool. Wow. He's ripped."

"You guys ready for super-secret # 2?"

Cue Mike. "You know what this reminds me of? Zelda 64. Remember Zelda 64? Anyway, Zelda 64..."

Kieran takes them to the S.T.A.R.S. Office. He checks Wesker's desk 50 times for the film roll.

Cue Mike. "You know what this reminds me of? SimCity on SNES. Remember SimCity on SNES? Anyway, SimCity on SNES..."

Kieran obtains the film roll. Back to the Dark Room. "You guys ready? Ready?"

He reveals Rebecca's sexy cheerleader photo.

James and Mike stare at the screen, trying to process what they're supposed to be looking at.

JAMES: "Okay, is that it?"

Kieran explains that this is Rebecca Chambers. Rebecca. Chambers. She was in the first game, Rebecca was.

"Ah."

And it peters into a wrap-up from there, fading out on the worst Photoshop job in video game history.
And only 395 dislikes. So obviously their base doesn't mind shit content. James and Mike Mondays are usually pretty good too so this is a little sad.

Polyboros

kiwifarms.net
Oof, I've mainly played RE4, but I'm no stranger to the more survival versions of the game, but the ammo crunch is real. Everything seemed fine till the first encounter with Burkins, then it seems like I barely find anything. I just reloaded a save cause after facing 5 failed g types I literally had nothing left.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino