Resident Evil - Discuss Why Mr. X Is Gonna Give It To Ya

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
I've played through almost all of the Ghost Survivors, and they are some pretty good additions to the game. Like 4th Survivor the goal in 3 of them is to go from one end to the other end of the map with an added unique enemy type per character; Kendo deals with exploding poison gas zombies and flamethrower pack ones, Katherine has Pale Heads(?) which are extra tanky (endurance) zombies, and Ghost gets the shaft and only gets armored zombies which aren't very unique.

After you complete the announced Ghost Survivors you unlock a fourth scenario No Way Out and you play as the Sheriff from the Gas Station trying to survive an onslaught like the Cabin part in RE4. Each unique zombie shows up. You're in the main store part and you start with Adas handgun with infinite ammo and accumulate more guns from backpack zombies that will come in. You have to kill 100 zombies to finish. Haven't beat this one yet but I'm really glad they included it as well for something less linear.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Playing on Hardcore and on Claire A and I don't really like playing as Claire. She takes damage like a bitch. Her route's a little more convoluted, especially when Mr. X becomes a thing. The grenade launcher is boss but the Acid Rounds are garbage and not worth the resources. Even on Normal, a single Acid round cannot one shot a basic zombie.

Plus you have to play as Sherry in a heavily scripted stealth sequence that is so short you wonder why they put it in the game in the first place. The Sherry segment is the one part of the game that you can easily say isn't up to snuff with the rest of it.

ThinkThankThunk

s-m-r-t
kiwifarms.net
Well, after three Ghost Survivors, five Tofus and a Hunk, I can say that I'm thoroughly exhausted with the Survivor modes. As fun as they were, I don't think I'll have the patience to sit through any more panicked runs from one side of the map to the other. I really hope that any future content for the game ends up being something like Mercenaries mode or a new mini-campaign instead.

Plus you have to play as Sherry in a heavily scripted stealth sequence that is so short you wonder why they put it in the game in the first place. The Sherry segment is the one part of the game that you can easily say isn't up to snuff with the rest of it.
I prefer Sherry's segment over Ada's; at least the orphanage sequence is short and almost impossible to fuck up. With Ada I keep forgetting the stupid hack gun exists and I spend my time running in circles getting pounded until I remember it, just in time for the game to never use it again. I'd guess that both sections are the way they are as a result of them initially being cut from the game entirely after the games production was restarted, and only got re-implemented last-minute to differentiate the otherwise near-identical campaigns.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Acid rounds aren't meant to be used on zombies. They fuck up a Licker's day, though.
But you can just walk by Lickers... And it takes only 2 flame rounds (tops) to put down a Licker. Not to mention that Acid Rounds are garbage against the plant zombies. They will at the very least get stunned but you're not putting them down.

The only time I've had a problem walking by Lickers is in the morgue by the parking garage but the game gives you a stun nade to get by them. It's specifically after you get the key and there's a Licker wedged perfectly in the center of the only path out.

I prefer Sherry's segment over Ada's; at least the orphanage sequence is short and almost impossible to fuck up. With Ada I keep forgetting the stupid hack gun exists and I spend my time running in circles getting pounded until I remember it, just in time for the game to never use it again. I'd guess that both sections are the way they are as a result of them initially being cut from the game entirely after the games production was restarted, and only got re-implemented last-minute to differentiate the otherwise near-identical campaigns.
Playing as Ada was more fun for me. The hack gun added a little something to it. If the best thing you can say about the Sherry segment is that "it was short" then it probably shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoned Alex Jones

RadicalCentrist

kiwifarms.net
Playing on Hardcore and on Claire A and I don't really like playing as Claire. She takes damage like a bitch.
You mean at Caution status she's the fastest character in the game? Then yes.

Agree that the acid rounds are garbagio. SMG also seems shitty but I suspect I missed a DMG upgrade or something.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You mean at Caution status she's the fastest character in the game? Then yes.

Agree that the acid rounds are garbagio. SMG also seems shitty but I suspect I missed a DMG upgrade or something.
I don't think so re: SMG. There's only one upgrade that adds a silencer to it (and takes up more inventory space) that just makes it more accurate. I unequipped all the add-ons for the guns except for the new 9MM pistol and the Revolver for obvious reasons.

I'm approaching the end with Claire. Hardcore isn't that hard except for the limited inventory space, ink ribbon saves, and being forced to knee cap a majority of the zombies.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Beat Claire A on Hardcore. Birken in 2nd to last form was more difficult this time for me. I think it's because of Claire's lower health and even using Herb combinations with armor don't do very much at least on Hardcore.

Going to work on Leon B tomorrow-ish.

Reactions: ProfDongs

yeahweknow

kiwifarms.net
I don't think so re: SMG. There's only one upgrade that adds a silencer to it (and takes up more inventory space) that just makes it more accurate. I unequipped all the add-ons for the guns except for the new 9MM pistol and the Revolver for obvious reasons.
there's an extended mag for it as well, its amazing during the lab, it can shoot the ivy zombies bulbs accurately, and great for the last birkin fights. and since i usually have so much high grade gunpowder because the grenade launcher is so shitty, i end up making like 1000 rounds of smg ammo

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's this about Claire having lower health? I can't say I've noticed a difference.
Yeah, I fucked up. I played a tiny bit of Leon B and noticed that you're in Danger status after one zombie bite too. In the OG games, Claire had lower health than Leon. Same with Jill in RE 1.

Oh Shit I'm Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
The 60 handgun bullets or less No Way Out challenge is head and shoulders above everything else in the game in terms of difficulty. Nothing else comes remotely close. It's mainly just praying to the RNG Gods that the zombies will cluster around the gas tanks (and then not obstruct your shot) or that you don't get surrounded and then grab-chained multiple times. You have very little margin for error.

Only advice I could give is try and make it to 30 zombies or so before having to use the G+R+B and try and save your second rocket for the last big burst of enemies in the 85-90 range. It's mainly just a matter of making it to those last 2 backpacks because once you have those you're pretty much in the clear.

Megaroad

rip dave white
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, I get mad on the internet every time I read articles saying "Leon and Claire are boring, Ethan is more fleshed because he said fuck when getting he got his hand cut off".

(also how is Leon a psychopath? He's the boy scout of the series)

Plus, I get the impression they're parroting Yahtzee since the first time I heard anyone say that was his review.

Also saying the zombies are lame in this is just sacrilegious. This game finally made zombies interesting again.

I like VII for dialing shit back but Ethan was a bore (my favorite part was Mia's segment and wish she was the mc).

Last edited:

Ali della Fenice

Cosa credi, che abbia perso la forza?
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, I get mad on the internet every time I read articles saying "Leon and Claire are boring, Ethan is more fleshed because he said fuck when getting he got his hand cut off".

(also how is Leon a psychopath? He's the boy scout of the series)

Plus, I get the impression they're parroting Yahtzee since the first time I heard anyone say that was his review.

Also saying the zombies are lame in this is just sacrilegious. This game finally made zombies interesting again.

I like VII for dialing shit back but Ethan was a bore (my favorite part was Mia's segment and wish she was the mc).
they were already interesting in remake 1, in my opinion. Sucks that they didnt bring back the crimson head meta here.
ALso, I'm really not a fan of the characters saying fuck this, fuck that even in this. Every once in a while is ok, but here every two shots they parrot the same 2-3 lines over and over.

Megaroad

rip dave white
kiwifarms.net
they were already interesting in remake 1, in my opinion. Sucks that they didnt bring back the crimson head meta here.
ALso, I'm really not a fan of the characters saying fuck this, fuck that even in this. Every once in a while is ok, but here every two shots they parrot the same 2-3 lines over and over.
Meant to say made zombies interesting again after years of complete global saturation.

Also Crimson Heads coming back would of been nice since I figured they were the in between for zombies and lickers (unless I'm wrong and lickers are G-Virus infected people?)

Reactions: Dullahan
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino