Resident Evil - Discuss Why Mr. X Is Gonna Give It To Ya

Cubanodun

Stylish Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
(you're in someplace he flat-out can't go, like a save room)
I see you listed the clock tower but the reason he cant go there according to my own experiments is that he need stable floor (or complete floor) to walk, he cant walk the bookshelves because you technically have to go down (a little) to go to the next door, im grateful that is the case because fighting him in a narrow place like the tower would be nightmare, i found funny that he cant enter the chief office when in the PSX version he appears in the trophy room

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
I see you listed the clock tower but the reason he cant go there according to my own experiments is that he need stable floor (or complete floor) to walk, he cant walk the bookshelves because you technically have to go down (a little) to go to the next door, im grateful that is the case because fighting him in a narrow place like the tower would be nightmare, i found funny that he cant enter the chief office when in the PSX version he appears in the trophy room
The library area is one place he cheats to get across. As you say, he won't walk across those bookshelves - however, if you run out onto the third floor (where the clock tower is) he will teleport across the bookshelves and come through the door anyway.

That was a horrifying surprise for me. Bastard punched me into the two zombies up there, costing me a Hardcore run.

Judge Dredd

10 Gaschamber 20 GOTO 10
kiwifarms.net
The library area is one place he cheats to get across. As you say, he won't walk across those bookshelves - however, if you run out onto the third floor (where the clock tower is) he will teleport across the bookshelves and come through the door anyway.

That was a horrifying surprise for me. Bastard punched me into the two zombies up there, costing me a Hardcore run.
That's not a cheat. It's easy to argue he walked across the bookshelves while you weren't looking.

When people say he cheats, I imagine it being something like the 4th survivor where he'll teleport ahead of you if you get too far ahead, or Aliens Isolation where people have caught the alien teleporting around in front of their eyes.

Reactions: BrunoMattei

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
Oh sure, I just have a lower definition of it I suppose. :v

To me "cheat" is anything from the Isolation alien being leashed, all the way down to small fudges like the Tyrant doing a small teleport across that library.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
I remember back in the day day really hating Leon Kennedy, i don't remember but anyone ale to remind me why i might have felt that?

Megaroad

Do you accept people of the Jewish persuasion?
kiwifarms.net
Alight, I'm terrible at speed running Leon A on standard to unlock the special weapon that'll make speed running B easier.

My first attempt, and I've been stuck for who knows how long now at 1 hour 40 minutes, is more or less a failure because I can't get past the Birkin stage 3 fight. I followed some walkthrough I found on Reddit, so all I have is a pistol with no upgrades, upgraded shotgun with barely any shells and like, three grenades and a blue+red herb.

Started again and now I'm trying to collect two electronic parts to unlock the cell to Ben.

One thing I'm noticing watching videos is mad lads speed running this and knifing the fuck out of everything, like all the Birkin forms. Is the damage output higher on PC than PS4 or is this that unlockable knife?

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
Knives damage on PC is tied to framerate so the higher it is the more damage you do, don't know if this is tied in with the console versions on a performance mode though.

Birkin 3 you atleast get a knife, an aid spray, a grenade + flash grenade, and 40-60 handgun rounds so it probably is possible to salvage but just difficult. Super Tyrant will be a problem though.

Just don't follow the guide so strictly. If you have 1:40 at Birkin 3 you still have 50 minutes extra which was more than enough time to grab all the upgrades for the shotgun,magnum, pistol and flamethrower as well almost all the high grade gunpowder.

Here's what I did for both A&B on hardcore, on a notepad or paper write a sequence of key items that lead to the next item or event. For me on Claire B for example it goes;
FIRE ESCAPE(+Gun+ammo+boards+bolt cutters)4 -> ART ROOM(+Boards +WRoomKey)5->EAST HALL(+Plug, open door, -Plug, +Valve+Ammo+Board)6->WEST HALL(-3Board,-Bolt C,+Detonator Hip Pouch++)5/10 and so on. With that you can easily filter out what you don't need, and what you can grab for boss fights. Even if you don't grab any upgrades, if you just stock pile Gun Powders from the Station to the end of the Lab its a joke.

The 3 Saves also can give you some very good checkpoints, for you I would do it either; 1st at the Sewers right before the King and Queen plugs and the boss fight. 2nd right before Birkin 3. 3rd Right before Tyrant. Or you can shift back a little bit to frontload your saves. 1st after Birkin 1 or before getting the key card for the Garage. 2nd at King and Queen Plugs. 3rd at Birkin 3.

If you can get to Birkin 3 at 1:40 you should be able to crush this.

Judge Dredd

10 Gaschamber 20 GOTO 10
kiwifarms.net
Alight, I'm terrible at speed running Leon A on standard to unlock the special weapon that'll make speed running B easier.

My first attempt, and I've been stuck for who knows how long now at 1 hour 40 minutes, is more or less a failure because I can't get past the Birkin stage 3 fight. I followed some walkthrough I found on Reddit, so all I have is a pistol with no upgrades, upgraded shotgun with barely any shells and like, three grenades and a blue+red herb.

Started again and now I'm trying to collect two electronic parts to unlock the cell to Ben.

One thing I'm noticing watching videos is mad lads speed running this and knifing the fuck out of everything, like all the Birkin forms. Is the damage output higher on PC than PS4 or is this that unlockable knife?
I wouldn't bother with speedrun guides. They are usually for world record attempts and/or bragging rights. eg. 1 cycle G3 is not needed for the infinite weapons.

My advice.
  • If you die, choose continue and reload your game from the pause menu, or quit to the main menu. Loading from the game over screen doesn't reset your clock.
  • Practice the run on standard before going to hardcore.
  • Have all the safe/door/statue codes written down before hand.
  • Most of your time saved will come from routing. You don't need to know the game inside out, but you can cut the portable safes from the run no problem. You might be able to cut the diamond key and the return to the RPD, but that's up to you. I like having the flamethrower fuel.
  • Pause stops the timer, opening the inventory or the map doesn't.
  • Don't collect healing unless you're using it right away, you know you have the space for it, or it's an area you won't be coming back to.
  • Personally, I'd get the extended mag for the Matilda. It's not out of your way and it's very useful. The stock and the muzzle break you can easily live without, though the muzzle break is not out of the way.
Combat
  • Don't use the shotgun in combat much except vs dogs or the occational boss fight. Mainly use it to decap sleeping zombies, crawling zombies, etc. With practice you can make a zombie flinch and use that opening to get a decap, but it takes practice.
  • There's a finite number of zombies once you reach the sewers. The bottom of the stairs, the hallway with the locked doors. The lab has the cafeteria area and the 3 zombies in the basement. There is also a few key shotgun shells and gunpowers. You can get away with no carrying handgun ammo and rely on the 24 in the gun for stunning and poking G-Adults.
  • I found the "get grabbed and escape" strat for G-Adults inconsistent. Either kill them with the magnum (use a shotgun or handgun for the final shots) or wait until they go into the vomit animation and run past them.
  • Take the time to walk past lickers. It's not World Record pace, but you have more than enough time.

• Informative
Reactions: Megaroad

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
There are good speedrunners, and even those who specifically build speedruns for those who are new to the game. Optinoob is one such guy, who tailors his speedruns to specifically be beginner friendly and I used his guide to S rank Claire. For instance (warning: turn your volume down for the intro):

Gaming With Panda is another good speedrun Youtuber who explains what he does and goes through the game at a good pace. S ranked Leon's 2nd Run through him:

Note, both these particular videos are for S+ runs, but since those ranks have higher requirements, they work just as well when going for an S rank. Just watch the video, pause it, follow along in game, pause the game, then watch for a little more, rinse and repeat. I find it best to stick as close to how they do it as possible. They can show you many great ways to cheese boss fights and such that will enable you to make those a cakewalk.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino