Resident Evil - Discuss Why Mr. X Is Gonna Give It To Ya

Jaimas

YOU AND ALL YOUR KIND ARE COWARDS!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember back in the day day really hating Leon Kennedy, i don't remember but anyone ale to remind me why i might have felt that?
In Leon A he's kind of a sped in the original game, trying to be by-the-book even as the situation goes tits-up, with his most-commonly-said phrase being "ADA, WAIT!!" which may or may not have tinted your view on the original playthrough. Leon B is considerably better and more self-aware, with one of the few lines in the original series that legitimately got a laugh out of me after the second or third time Ada runs off.

Additionally he has arguably the worse arsenal in RE2 original with Leon basically being forced to use every weapon whereas Claire is free to ignore half her fucking arsenal because one of her weapons is the fucking Grenade Launcher, which may or may not have colored your opinion depending on how you played.

Alternately you did Claire A Leon B and screwed yourself by making every single choice in the original game that would make the B game harder.

Alight, I'm terrible at speed running Leon A on standard to unlock the special weapon that'll make speed running B easier.

My first attempt, and I've been stuck for who knows how long now at 1 hour 40 minutes, is more or less a failure because I can't get past the Birkin stage 3 fight. I followed some walkthrough I found on Reddit, so all I have is a pistol with no upgrades, upgraded shotgun with barely any shells and like, three grenades and a blue+red herb.

Started again and now I'm trying to collect two electronic parts to unlock the cell to Ben.

One thing I'm noticing watching videos is mad lads speed running this and knifing the fuck out of everything, like all the Birkin forms. Is the damage output higher on PC than PS4 or is this that unlockable knife?
My tips:

• Focus fire (wait for the crosshairs to zero in) when possible. It adds as much as 30% Extra damage depending on the weapon and makes it more accurate and more prone to critical hits.
  • Claire's revolver has higher damage, aims faster, and focuses faster than most other guns, but holds very little ammo. Uniquely, it's one of the few weapons that can reliably focus while Claire is moving. It's not a bad weapon.
  • The Stock for Leon's pistol, the Matilda, increases the firepower of that handgun by about 10%. Similarly, the muzzle brake slightly increases critical rate.
  • On Hardcore, aim to take out an enemy's arm or legs to disable it. it uses way less ammo than killshots do.
  • In the same vein, any body part you take out weakens Zombies: A Zombie without arms can't grab and is reduced to a far less effective lunging bite. One losing a leg can't walk and is forced to crawl. One suffering critical torso damage is easy to knock down, and a Zombie that loses its head dies instantly.
  • An easy, if risky way to take out Lickers without using ammo (and this won't work if there's more than one) is to sneak close and stab it repeatedly with the knife. If you do it right you can stunlock it for an easy kill.
  • The Lickers in the 1F west wing hallway (between the office, dark room, armory, and conference room) on the return to the station are mandatory kills. You will need to backtrack through this a few times in most cases and Mr.X will often be in pursuit, so pop 2 magnum rounds, some SMG ammo, or grenades and down these fuckers for good. Your peace of mind will thank you.
  • Enemies will not react to the noise of Claire's SMG if it's upgraded with the suppressor. Yes, even the Lickers. They will, however, react if shot, so if you're going to fight a Licker using one, focus fire, aim center of mass, and open fire. Consider using the Suppressor for quickly taking out solo Zombies without provoking attention.
  • Hold onto your Gun Powders so you can combine 'em later for the 9mm Ammunition you won't otherwise get on Scenario B. You won't have .45 ammo forever in this mode, since even though it's plentiful you run out fast, especially on Hardcore.
  • In Scenario B, it's more efficient to make Magnum Rounds (for Leon) than Shotgun Shells in the police station. This is because you can get the upgraded Magnum by the time you're going to the parking lot.
  • Similarly, the SMG is a much better choice for Claire in Scenario B for the same reason (the upgrade is way earlier and makes it much more versatile). Acid Rounds are good but are mostly useful for downing Lickers and stunning Mr. X and Birkin.
  • The Stock (for the Matilda) increases the firepower of that handgun by about 10%. The muzzle brake increases its critical hit rate slightly. Don't scrimp on upgrades if you can help it. Every little bit helps!
  • Every pistol has a different critical rate. The highest seems to be the M19, and the lowest seems to be the unupgraded Matilda.
  • The three promo pistols are actually really good for Hardcore. All three have some benefits that are really useful: The Jill Custom focuses extremely quickly and reloads faster. The Chris variant is more accurate, has lower damage falloff, and doesn't lose as much accuracy when moving. The Albert variant does more damage and has a decent crit rate at the cost of focusing slowly. All are potentially good on Hardcore, especially in scenario A (for Claire) and B (If you're avoiding Leon's upgrades for some reason).
  • In Leon's scenarios, you're going to be using the Shotgun to permanently finish off the Zombies with a headshot most of the time. Ideally, hold off on firing until the enemy is as close as possible - at point-blank range even the unupgraded shotgun does more concentrated damage than the Magnum without upgrades (which is why ammo is a lot more scarce than in previous games).
  • The Grenade Launcher is good against basically everything and is why Claire has a slightly easier time than Leon going through the game. It isn't an especially elegant solution, but if you absolutely need a Zombie gone, an Acid round fired center-of-mass will usually take out all its limbs except for the head and that's very funny to watch.
  • Zombies can trip over corpses and downed Zombies. It doesn't happen nearly often enough.

Last edited:

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
In Leon A he's kind of a sped in the original game, trying to be by-the-book even as the situation goes tits-up, with his most-commonly-said phrase being "ADA, WAIT!!" which may or may not have tinted your view on the original playthrough. Leon B is considerably better and more self-aware, with one of the few lines in the original series that legitimately got a laugh out of me after the second or third time Ada runs off.

Additionally he has arguably the worse arsenal in RE2 original with Leon basically being forced to use every weapon whereas Claire is free to ignore half her fucking arsenal because one of her weapons is the fucking Grenade Launcher, which may or may not have colored your opinion depending on how you played.

Alternately you did Claire A Leon B and screwed yourself by making every single choice in the original game that would make the B game harder.

My tips:

• Focus fire (wait for the crosshairs to zero in) when possible. It adds as much as 30% Extra damage depending on the weapon and makes it more accurate and more prone to critical hits.
  • Claire's revolver has higher damage, aims faster, and focuses faster than most other guns, but holds very little ammo. Uniquely, it's one of the few weapons that can reliably focus while Claire is moving. It's not a bad weapon.
  • The Stock for Leon's pistol, the Matilda, increases the firepower of that handgun by about 10%. Similarly, the muzzle brake slightly increases critical rate.
  • On Hardcore, aim to take out an enemy's arm or legs to disable it. it uses way less ammo than killshots do.
  • In the same vein, any body part you take out weakens Zombies: One without Zombies can't grab and is reduced to a far less effective lunging bite. One losing a leg can't walk and is forced to crawl. One suffering critical torso damage is easy to knock down, and a Zombie that loses its head dies instantly.
  • An easy, if risky way to take out Lickers without using ammo (and this won't work if there's more than one) is to sneak close and stab it repeatedly with the knife. If you do it right you can stunlock it for an easy kill.
  • The Lickers in the 1F west wing hallway (between the office, dark room, armory, and conference room) on the return to the station are mandatory kills. You will need to backtrack through this a few times in most cases and Mr.X will often be in pursuit, so pop 2 magnum rounds, some SMG ammo, or grenades and down these fuckers for good. Your peace of mind will thank you.
  • Enemies will not react to the noise of Claire's SMG if it's upgraded with the suppressor. Yes, even the Lickers. They will, however, react if shot, so if you're going to fight a Licker using one, focus fire, aim center of mass, and open fire.
  • Hold onto your Gun Powders so you can combine 'em later for the 9mm Ammunition you won't otherwise get on Scenario B. You won't have .45 ammo forever in this mode, since even though it's plentiful you run out fast, especially on Hardcore.
  • In Scenario B, it's more efficient to make Magnum Rounds (for Leon) than Shotgun Shells in the police station. This is because you can get the upgraded Magnum by the time you're going to the parking lot.
  • Similarly, the SMG is a much better choice for Claire in Scenario B for the same reason (the upgrade is way earlier and makes it much more versatile). Acid Rounds are good but are mostly useful for downing Lickers and stunning Mr. X and Birkin.
  • The Stock (for the Matilda) increases the firepower of that handgun by about 10%. The muzzle brake increases its critical hit rate slightly. Don't scrimp on upgrades if you can help it. Every little bit helps!
  • Every pistol has a different critical rate. The highest seems to be the M19, and the lowest seems to be the unupgraded Matilda.
  • The three promo pistols are actually really good for Hardcore. All three have some benefits that are really useful: The Jill Custom focuses extremely quickly and reloads faster. The Chris variant is more accurate, has lower damage falloff, and doesn't lose as much accuracy when moving. The Albert variant does more damage and has a decent crit rate at the cost of focusing slowly. All are potentially good on Hardcore, especially in scenario A (for Claire) and B (If you're avoiding Leon's upgrades for some reason).
  • In Leon's scenarios, you're going to be using the Shotgun to permanently finish off the Zombies with a headshot most of the time. Ideally, hold off on firing until the enemy is as close as possible - at point-blank range even the unupgraded shotgun does more concentrated damage than the Magnum without upgrades (which is why ammo is a lot more scarce than in previous games).
  • The Grenade Launcher is good against basically everything and is why Claire has a slightly easier time than Leon going through the game. It isn't an especially elegant solution, but if you absolutely need a Zombie gone, an Acid round fired center-of-mass will usually take out all its limbs except for the head and that's very funny to watch.
  • Zombies can trip over corpses and downed Zombies. It doesn't happen nearly often enough.
It was definitely Leon A then, i then read the Wesker earned in RE3 (i think) and i think some of the stuff he says and does in RE4 (I can't remember nuch but one thing) caused me to hate him (Yeah you can bet after seeing Leon repeating Leon A same mistake with Ada again pissed me off something fierce. So despite Operation Racoon City many flaws it was cartharic to get that one particular ending (you know the one)
So which order was made canon? Leon A/Claire B, Claire A/Leon B or a mix of both since events from both order were referenced later (Umbrella Chronicles with the level that show Aya escaping Racoon City after Leon A ending and RE6 referencing Claire A)

• Winner
Reactions: Jaimas

Jaimas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was definitely Leon A then, i then read the Wesker earned in RE3 (i think) and i think some of the stuff he says and does in RE4 (I can't remember nuch but one thing) caused me to hate him (Yeah you can bet after seeing Leon repeating Leon A same mistake with Ada again pissed me off something fierce. So despite Operation Racoon City many flaws it was cartharic to get that one particular ending (you know the one) So which order was made canon? Leon A/Claire B, Claire A/Leon B or a mix of both since events from both order were referenced later (Umbrella Chronicles with the level that show Aya escaping Racoon City after Leon A ending and RE6 referencing Claire A)
I can see it.

Sidenote, I actually unironically like Operation Raccoon. It's not as bad as it's made out to be, and if you know the history behind the game a lot of its shortcomings start to make a lot more sense:

Operation Raccoon was supposed to release as a budget title. For like $20, with the promise that the second campaign would be released as DLC in the months to follow. If it did this, the game would have done fine for what it is, and there's a reason that Operation Raccoon got decent user reviews despite being pretty mediocre in other ways.

No one seems to be able to properly place what in the sugar-frosted fuck happened, since people I've contacted with ties to Capcom and Slant Six seem to suggest that what transpired with ORC was a perfect storm of absolute fucking nonsense, but the most common theory is that some people in the QA department and another in marketing were asleep at the switch.

The game was released at full price at launch despite ostensibly not intending to be a $60 title. It was marked down right away, which was harped on as evidence of the end, when it was really Capcom fixing what should have been the case in the first place. If you did buy the original game at full price, Slant Six would, if you could provide you had bought it, give you codes for the DLCs for free to help mitigate this, but the damage was done.

Worse, the game was launched with incomplete code. Some brain trust at Capcom put forth an earlier beta of the game up instead of the completed code, which was glitchier and crash-prone (it's especially visible in the first stage of the USS campaign pre-patch). It was fixed with a patch immediately, but again, the damage was done.

As it stands, it's not bad. Very enjoyable for what it is, and an absolute blast in multiplayer. Certainly better than Umbrella Corps.

Megaroad

Space Adventure
kiwifarms.net
Thanks all the advice. Got back to Birkin in 2 hours. Took my time collecting items, saved every magnum round for this, got more than enough healing items to make even a VICE writer happy, shotgun rounds out the ass, grenades, ect. Will take him on later but I'm sure I'll be ready this time since I didn't show up with just a peashooter.

Jaimas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks all the advice. Got back to Birkin in 2 hours. Took my time collecting items, saved every magnum round for this, got more than enough healing items to make even a VICE writer happy, shotgun rounds out the ass, grenades, ect. Will take him on later but I'm sure I'll be ready this time since I didn't show up with just a peashooter.
There's a really easy way to take Birkin 1.....

The knife. Yes, this is retarded, but it works. When the fight begins, rush up and start slashing. He should very quickly go into his thrashing about animation and eventually will mutate to phase 2. Keep hitting him during the animation, then back off, equip any other subweapon (don't wanna lose the knife after all) and use a Flashbang to stun him. Re-equip knife, go in for additional stabs until he recovers, back off. Rinse, Repeat, possibly mixing in a grenade or two or some pistol fire if you're feeling saucy. Can take him in under 2 minutes on normal this way.

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
I've got this game the other week because I'm a huge fan of the original RE2. Honestly though, I'm finding this game a lot more infuriating than scary. Maybe I just don't have the zombie grab range down or maybe I'm accidentally wasting everything when I don't mean to, but I keep getting chomped by zombies and I am always out of shotgun ammo, which is extremely annoying because the lickers are much worse in this game. Not to mention, I keep trying to evade zombies rather than kill them, like shooting them in the legs, but it never works. It's like they're magnetized or something, but I can't kill them because I don't want to waste ammo. I never had such a hard time evading zombies except in this game.

And I just got to where Mr X stalks you, which is honestly killing the game for me because it's just magnifying everything, on top of him always being on your ass.

I feel like I'm playing the game wrong somehow, but I don't know how. Maybe I'm playing it too close to the original? I don't know, I feel like I'm not playing it the way it has to be played.

Jaimas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've got this game the other week because I'm a huge fan of the original RE2. Honestly though, I'm finding this game a lot more infuriating than scary. Maybe I just don't have the zombie grab range down or maybe I'm accidentally wasting everything when I don't mean to, but I keep getting chomped by zombies and I am always out of shotgun ammo, which is extremely annoying because the lickers are much worse in this game. Not to mention, I keep trying to evade zombies rather than kill them, like shooting them in the legs, but it never works. It's like they're magnetized or something, but I can't kill them because I don't want to waste ammo. I never had such a hard time evading zombies except in this game.

And I just got to where Mr X stalks you, which is honestly killing the game for me because it's just magnifying everything, on top of him always being on your ass.

I feel like I'm playing the game wrong somehow, but I don't know how. Maybe I'm playing it too close to the original? I don't know, I feel like I'm not playing it the way it has to be played.
That'd be the problem. They're fundamentally different in both gameplay and execution. I actually had the same problem at first and it seriously limited my enjoyment until I found out what I was doing wrong. This isn't really your fault, it's that RE2's remake has a very different environment design, gameplay style, and aesthetic and it helps to know what the differences are and how to work with them. Once you figure out the game's ins and outs, the remake clicks and works really well.

In the original you could very easily gun down almost every encounter in the police station and while ammo could lapse, rarely did you ever have a situation where you couldn't just kill every fucker that stepped to you. In fact it was almost required of you in some spots; one of the best examples is the first floor main hall, which is more-than-likely to be the first encounter the player has with a gigantic group of Zombies (like six) in a small place. You still had to maintain some level of care though. In the remake ammo is way more scarce and you have to weigh encounters carefully. In many cases it's better to run from encounters rather than fight if it saves ammo, or try to find other ways to save ammo (pop their legs with shots, then circle around and knife them to death, or lure them away and then circle around) much of the improved map is based around you being able to do this, and it's also why Zombies can follow you room to room.

The second major difference in the remake is the type of damage you can do in combat. Zombies in RE2 original usually go down in about 4 to 7 pistol bullets. Assuming you get really unlucky with randomization a Zombie in RE2's remake can take three times that to put down (Zombies can have a variety of health levels and pre-existing damages. Some are scripted to always be damaged in certain ways (missing an arm for instance), or already have reduced health). Some will just steadfastly refuse to stay dead even if you empty 20 or more rounds into their face. Whereas 2-3 shotgun blasts could clear out a massive horde in RE2 original, each shotgun shell in RE2's remake is potentially one permanent kill assuming a quality headshot. Paired with less ammo in general this means a player has to carefully put down specific zombies in high-traffic areas while avoiding other ones if humanly possible. Lickers went from being a tough mook to being the strongest basic enemy in the game, requiring at least 2 grenades or magnum rounds to put down. Because of this, the player is almost always better sneaking past them when possible (walk, don't run, and don't get too close, and lickers won't notice you). For the first Licker encounter in scenario A, you can avoid it entirely by quietly walking away, but you can also take it down permanently by using the method I mentioned (knife it to death from the side). Basically, each one became an evolved Licker. Mr. X can't be killed at all, but can be stunned for a bit. Otherwise, putting half a dozen basic shotgun shells into one isn't unheard of from the unupgraded shotgun. The one Licker you absolutely have to put down (or run from, likely taking damage in the process) is the one that appears after getting the Maiden Emblem from the holding cell on the 3rd floor and starts aggro'd. Critically, Lickers can't do doors. Cerberus are one example of this: they take almost no ammo to kill (2-5 handgun bullets), but they move very quickly. Several enemies from RE2 original aren't around (Webspinners, Crows), and another is now completely harmless (giant cockroach).

Enemies in the remake are also way stronger. Leon could tank almost half a dozen grabs in RE2 original if you were fast on the buttons. Three grabs will kill you on normal (two on hardcore), and zombies can also combine into a single grab attack if one starts while another's nearby. Lickers also do more damage, as does the T-103. This means you're more fragile. The good news is that you have some tricks of your own. You can do a grab escape if you're quick on the draw (rapidly tap the direction opposite where you're biting from if the enemy is coming from the side, and you may do a grab escape, which shoves the Zombie aside and saves you from harm), and you have defense items. Defense items are also usable as weapons on their own. Idly, it's almost always better to use the defensive items offensively, since they're way stronger that way (the frag grenade can clear out an entire room that way), but it's always good to have the option to save your bacon from an ill-timed rush. Some late-game enemies (you'll know them if you see them) can poison you or even kill you instantly if you fail to use a defense item from a grab. You want to hoard your healing items if possible; don't use them until you need to (critical health if possible). Note that unlike the original where poison worked very slowly, poison in RE2's remake is deadly and can kill you in under a minute if not treated.

The end result of all of this is that RE2's remake is a more intimate experience. Enemies are more vicious, and each one is a genuine threat. You'll want to salvage resources when possible and find work-arounds to avoid encounters where possible. Be smart and be careful, and the game becomes way more fun to play.

Jaimas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also, there's a thing I now refer to as "Sleeping Zombie Syndrome." A few Zombies in the game are content to be left alone unless someone riles them up somehow. While I haven't crunched all the data on every mode, here's the ones I've found, their wake-up conditions (if any), and whether or not they're a threat in their own right. Decide for yourself whether to put them down immediately, let sleeping Zombies lie, or if you just wanna see how you can exploit them:

East Office, 1F:
A Zombie is slumped against the wall. If left alone he basically never wakes up.
Trigger: Taking damage or being tripped over by other Zombies.

West Office, 1F:
Two sleepers, one in the room with the safe, one faceplanted into his desk.
Trigger(s): The one in the safe room will activate randomly after enough time is spent in the general area. The one napping on his desk never wakes up unless you get near him or shoot him.

West Access Hall, 1F:
1 Sleeper in front of the door to the office. Missing an arm. One fatso pounding on the vending machine. One female Sleeper on the second floor concourse. This room also has a wandering Zombie on the third floor (two on B) who tend to fall comedically from the third floor only to get back up, and an additional Zombie if you don't barricade the window (unavoidable on B).
Trigger(s): The one on the ground will wake up from any agitation whatsoever, including noises nearby and you just being around, and he has a propensity for making an ass of himself at the worst possible time, so stabbing him repeatedly is usually a good idea. The vending machine Zombie will likewise wander off eventually and look for you if you're in the area but he tends to meander wildly so don't be surprised if you find him in the armory or office later, apropos of nothing. The female Zombie will wake up when you take the Spade Key.

Locker Room, 2F:
1 potential Sleeper in the leftmost locker near the transfer valve. May or may not animate.
Trigger(s): Avoidable entirely if you never open the locker.

Holding Cell, 3F:
1 potential Sleeper hanging from the ceiling. May or may not wake up from using the C4. Will not wake up if shot before this; can be exploited by decapitating it before blowing the wall.
Trigger(s): Setting off the C4.

Library 2F:
1 Sleeper near the door. 1 Zombie eating near the bookcases. 1-2 wanderers depending on randomization.
Trigger(s): Fat Zombie near door is triggered by proximity and noise. Stay quiet and don't agitate him and he doesn't seem to give a shit. Black Zombie eating will stop eating if you use the jack handle.

Main Hall 1F:
1 Sleeper upon return to the station - Marvin.
Trigger(s) getting near Marvin makes him wake up.

Treatment Pool Room, Sewers:
Most sleepers in the entire game. 1 of the USS agents is a sleeper. A second is hanging atop some pipes. A third is wearing a safety vest and leaning against a wall.
Trigger(s): The USS Zombie only animates if shot or tripped over by another Zombie. The one above the pipes animates if enough noise or time spent in the area happens. The safety vest one wakes up whenever a player gets near him.

There's doubtlessly more.

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
In many cases it's better to run from encounters rather than fight if it saves ammo, or try to find other ways to save ammo (pop their legs with shots, then circle around and knife them to death, or lure them away and then circle around) much of the improved map is based around you being able to do this, and it's also why Zombies can follow you room to room.
I've actually been doing this, but it's only cost me more health items. What ends up happening more often than not is that if I stun one zombie, the other one grabs me because I underestimate the grab range. Circling hasn't done me much favors because they follow me into the next room and crowd around.

It got so bad I had three or four zombies wandering the west office. I accidentally killed most of them (RNG's been kind to me, zombies die pretty quick but I have been playing on normal mode) and the last one's legless. But I also have two of them wandering the main hall (Marvin included). If anything, trying to circle around them has only made navigating a pain in the ass, because they all end up herded in an impassable place, so I have to kill them anyway.

A lot of it might have to do with camera's perspective, because I have a way harder time gauging distance than in the original, ironically enough.

• Feels
Reactions: Jaimas

Judge Dredd

kiwifarms.net
It was definitely Leon A then, i then read the Wesker earned in RE3 (i think) and i think some of the stuff he says and does in RE4 (I can't remember nuch but one thing) caused me to hate him (Yeah you can bet after seeing Leon repeating Leon A same mistake with Ada again pissed me off something fierce. So despite Operation Racoon City many flaws it was cartharic to get that one particular ending (you know the one)
So which order was made canon? Leon A/Claire B, Claire A/Leon B or a mix of both since events from both order were referenced later (Umbrella Chronicles with the level that show Aya escaping Racoon City after Leon A ending and RE6 referencing Claire A)
If it was RE4 that made you hate Leon, I might know why. In some of the marketing (or an interview) they talk about overhauling Leon into Leon: Breaker of Hearts. Basically trying to make him into some kind of dreamboat with an emo haircut and black t-shirt. I remember me and a friend making fun of that right up until the games release.

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
Claire A/Leon B is the canon arrangement, though this remake screws the already fucked continuity to hell.

Oh and here are some tips to cheese the hell out of most boss fights for those who don't want to watch Youtube videos:

* Birkin G1: The Knife. Use the knife, use the knife, use the knife, USE THE KNIFE DAMNIT!!! Just go in the moment the battle starts and start swiping and don't stop till that motherfucker breaks. Bring two so that just in case he grabs you, you can escape and go in on him again. Bring like one really power weapon (Leon's shotgun or magnum, or Claire's grenade launcher) or just the normal pistols with a lot of ammo so that if you lose or break the second knife, you can still kill his ass. Do it right, it will should take no longer than a minute and a half to two minutes, tops. Obviously, it works better on PC because the knife is stronger. And remember to circle strafe as you slash and stun lock the bastard to make it harder for him to pound you.

* Birkin G2: If you are playing as Claire, bring the sparkshot with you. Escape the room Birkin has you trapped in, by just waiting at the door he is attacking through and ducking to the right immediately (you can also hug the wall this door is located on to avoid him hitting you with his arm and this is considered safer). After escaping DO NOT immediately go to where the crane is located. Instead stand back and let him get his attack moves in (preferably wait till he slams his big ass claw into the ground) then shoot him with the sparkshot. Hold the shooting button till the sparkshot is fully charged, backing away while he's attacking. Keep looking at him and keep the button pressed to do maximum damage. Do this with ALL of your sparkshot ammo. If he is bearing down on you and you are running out of room, just wait till his attack animation finishes and run past him while he's still recovering and keep doing that on the walk way till you run out of sparkshot. When you've run out of ammo, THEN you go to the crane and hit the button. If you've brought Claire's magnum or grenade launcher, use it to shoot him and make him take a knee while the crane is coming back the other way. Do it right, you are GUARANTEED that you will only have to hit him with the crane once to knock his hokey ass off. For Leon, there is no way to cheese the fight that I know of. Just run to the crane like normal and use your magnum to pop his eyes (if you got the long barrel, you can stun lock him to make it easier). Keep your gun trained on him when he is on his knees and shoot him down if he tries to get up. The magnum will make this fight easy

* Birkin G3: If playing as Claire for this, save as much gunpowder as possible for this fight and make a shit ton of acid grenade rounds. Save the normal grenades for her last fight and maybe bring one other gun as backup. Then light his ass up with acid rounds. Do it correctly, and you can stun lock him so that he can't even attack you. This fight becomes a walk in the park and you will never see him the same way again. The other gun are a back up in case you run out of acid rounds. Bring magnum rounds and light him up when the acid rounds run out. Play it right, and when you do, he will be near death by the time you even need to resort to the magnum. As leon, start with the magnum and bring as much magnum ammo as you can manage. Use the magnum to take out the eyes in one shot. Watch your ammo and shoot his torso eyes when they appear (or don't if you are low on ammo; instead use his recovery time to pick up items and ammo as necessary) and after taking out the eyes on his limbs and back twice and waiting for him to recover, then bring out the flamethrower for the final stage and cook him like a Digornio's Pizza. Don't take your finger off the trigger except to dodge and he will die in a minute or less.

* Birkin G4: Make sure you have saved grenades. Seven is optimal, but six is fine. When he lands on the train lift, just throw grenades at him, one at a time. After seven grenades, a few rounds from the minigun is all you need to kill him. That's it. The more grenades you save, the quicker the fight is. Seven grenades will ensure you get the achievement.

* Mr. X/Tyrant: Bring a flamethrower, shit ton of grenades, and at least one power weapon (either the magnum or the shotgun). The grenades are your main weapon so bring as many as possible. Run around the edge of the elevator and toss a grenade every so often. That's it. The flamethrower is a backup in case you haven't been saving your grenades. You can also try using your knife; if you stay in front of his left non-mutated hand, and move a little towards his back when he swings, he can't hit you most of the time unless you mess up. But the grenades are the fastest way, and if you time when you throw them, you can stun lock him. If he is preparing for his charge move for whatever reason, just shoot him once with a magnum or shotgun to stop the charge then go back to chucking grenades. When the rocket launcher drops, avoid his attack and drop a flashbang. While he's stunned, pick up the rocket launcher and blow up his trifling ass.

*Birkin G5: Just unload all the ammo you have till the big eye pops out then unload some more. That's it.

Do things right, and you can get the achievements for defeating the tyrant and G4 quickly very easily.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Megaroad

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
If it was RE4 that made you hate Leon, I might know why. In some of the marketing (or an interview) they talk about overhauling Leon into Leon: Breaker of Hearts. Basically trying to make him into some kind of dreamboat with an emo haircut and black t-shirt. I remember me and a friend making fun of that right up until the games release.
RE4 cemented my already growing hate for Leon (more precisely Leon A/handing Sherry to someone working for Wesker just because "I work for the US government" and then RE4 has the whammy triple combo of Leon saying some really stupid shit, Capcom trying so badly to make him a "badass" and completely lowering your guard around Ada AFTER he said he KNOWS she work for Wesker was a completely exceptional twist) makes me pissed off, Leon isn't better because despite being smarter than Leon while in Raccoon City ends up doing the same mistakes. I remember playing Leon first two levels in Re6 (Oh those are way too long btw) they made him so snarky it's annoying.
So yeah i can't say i like Leon at all
Claire A/Leon B is the canon arrangement, though this remake screws the already fucked continuity to hell.
What did they do? (So if it's Claire A/Leon B then how did Aya escape? Was she faking being wounded and ran like hell before the nuke happened? This shit is getting confusing even for me)

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
What did they do? (So if it's Claire A/Leon B then how did Aya escape? Was she faking being wounded and ran like hell before the nuke happened? This shit is getting confusing even for me)
Listing the ways this game fucked its own continuity would take pages. Lets start with the fact the Mrs. Birkin shot her G-Virus infected husband twice, then died twice, in two different ways, once for each play through. Or that both Leon and Claire fight the same bosses in the same locations in both playthroughs, barring their final boss. Or that it literally took only minutes for Leon to find a key to get into the Police Station in his B scenario after meeting Claire, but when he gets in, Claire is nowhere to be found, none of the puzzles are completed (in other words, they've all reset) and Marvin is already zombified. If you play the Claire B scenario, you have to open the container with the G-Virus sample using a key, but when you go as Leon in the A Scenario, its already open? Or how the game fucks up Mr. X's appearances by having him appear in both scenarios (he only appeared in the B scenario in the original game) thus he gets killed in the A Scenario for Claire while he's still running around the B Scenario, and vice versa. The fact that these characters don't interact with each other at all outside like two cutscenes, and the ability to influence a B scenario run by leaving certain weapons or items for that character to find has been completely removed. Just all these little things (and big things) that cause you to realize that they completely half-assed the A Scenario/ B Scenario system for this game.

From what I understand, the scenario system was added at the last minute after they initially weren't going to include it, probably because fans complained it wasn't in the game. Well, fans got what they asked for in the worst possible way. I mean, the first game was not canonically coherent all the time from what I understand, but this game just made the timeline more illogical. This is worse than the REmake not fixing the massive continuity issues of the first game.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
It's worse than than, they added a second Mister X (#1 gets killed by Birkin when #1 is threatening Claire and Sherry are stuck in an elevator) while the second one isn't even Umbrella property, no it's released by Mrs. Birkins to kill Leon and Ada, even then #1 is there to kill witnesses (I guess Umbrella doesn't care about the G-Virus anymore oh except Hunk Scenario still happens) but that's is nothing that the 2019 version cannot be canon at all. Remember how Leon was Blackmailed to worj for the government? Not in this version but that's nothing compared to what they did with Claire Scenario, remember the letter Claire finds that causes her to go to Europe in the beginning of Code Veronica? They instead have Chris write it like he is on vacation and Claire stops looking for him so no she has no reason to go to Europe.

Ali della Fenice

Tigrotto mafioso
kiwifarms.net
Listing the ways this game fucked its own continuity would take pages. Lets start with the fact the Mrs. Birkin shot her G-Virus infected husband twice, then died twice, in two different ways, once for each play through. Or that both Leon and Claire fight the same bosses in the same locations in both playthroughs, barring their final boss. Or that it literally took only minutes for Leon to find a key to get into the Police Station in his B scenario after meeting Claire, but when he gets in, Claire is nowhere to be found, none of the puzzles are completed (in other words, they've all reset) and Marvin is already zombified. If you play the Claire B scenario, you have to open the container with the G-Virus sample using a key, but when you go as Leon in the A Scenario, its already open? Or how the game fucks up Mr. X's appearances by having him appear in both scenarios (he only appeared in the B scenario in the original game) thus he gets killed in the A Scenario for Claire while he's still running around the B Scenario, and vice versa. The fact that these characters don't interact with each other at all outside like two cutscenes, and the ability to influence a B scenario run by leaving certain weapons or items for that character to find has been completely removed. Just all these little things (and big things) that cause you to realize that they completely half-assed the A Scenario/ B Scenario system for this game.

From what I understand, the scenario system was added at the last minute after they initially weren't going to include it, probably because fans complained it wasn't in the game. Well, fans got what they asked for in the worst possible way. I mean, the first game was not canonically coherent all the time from what I understand, but this game just made the timeline more illogical. This is worse than the REmake not fixing the massive continuity issues of the first game.
If we gonna talk about the bad stuff, how about the fact that the surviving stars members, decided to keep their mouths shut about umbrella's involvment? this is so dumb of a change, because umbrella knows they know, so it really doesnt serve any purpose.

The fact that they decided to give kendo a daughter, to have that unnecessary scene with her. probably because they thought it would make the game more "deep" or some shit. From what I remember he only had a brother, bit I could be wrong.

Completely removing the Ada/john subplot that was set up in the first game.

Feminist claire, willingly chosing to fight birkin3, with her obnoxious "I know everything, I got this". That was so fucking dumb and completely out of character.
And her constant swearing gets annoying after a while. Always fuck this, fuck that, fuck you.

Megaroad

Space Adventure
kiwifarms.net
Once you get past the lack of zapping system it's not that big of a deal. Just think of it like the original game, where your brain somehow combined two independent stories together.

Disappointing? Definitely but I imagine it'd take another six months to a year with how games are made to implement it.

Feminist claire, willingly chosing to fight birkin3, with her obnoxious "I know everything, I got this".
Easy there, Billy Usher, there was nothing wrong with that.

If you have issues with that, then Code: Veronica mays well be feminist propaganda with her acting like Die Hard at the start.

Also Kendo was inconsequential in the original so adding some drama for him to show the effects of the situation is hardly a negative. If anything it adds to Ada's character by showing how cold she's supposed to be.

Last edited:

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
If you have issues with that, then Code: Veronica mays well be feminist propaganda with her acting like Die Hard at the start.
At least in Code Veronica she had motivation (she was looking for Chris initially as she knew he went after Umbrella, and then she got captured and trapped on an island filled with zombies and monsters, forcing her to fight). She has little to no reason to waste time fighting Birkin at that point, what with a more pressing issue in Sherry dying. She has no reason to play Rambo, nor would she, an untrained civilian, have a compunction to. At least Leon has the excuse that he's a naive by-the-book cop who sees it as his duty to stop William.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino