Resident Evil - Discuss Why Mr. X Is Gonna Give It To Ya

desertfoxgoggles

romantic~
kiwifarms.net
I'm a little special so bare with me, but I can get why some people aren't big fans of RE2remake.
I've played the RE2 remake literally over around 50 times (because I'm an extremely sad, autistic human being) and I can totally see people's gripes with it.
I'm a huge fan of the original. It's one of my all time favourite video games. The remake went wrong for me in certain aspects.
For example, the characterisations - Claire's model was wrong from the get-go (the plump face and weird teeth felt like they'd deliberately made her weird looking) but her characterisation was pretty spot on, Leon's characterisation felt extremely flip-floppy. As stated above, in the original, he comes across as frustrated, bossy and a little short-tempted. You can tell he's a good guy and a rookie, but he also comes across as someone who could fend for himself. In this one he just feels a little double-edged. He plays and achieves feats like the original Leon while simultaneously sounding like a fifteen year old totally taken aback and being walked all over by everybody around him. Ada was great in this game but fucking hell that 'secret weapon time' line is terrible and Barry Burton is ashamed of you Capcom. I also hated what they did to Chief Irons. In the old game, he was an articulate rapist who focused on his taxidermy and came across as a nihilistic weirdo who simultaneously seemed a little threatening (ESPECIALLY to a young woman). In the remake, he's just some fat, sweaty douchebag who beats around Claire a little. Talk about dumbing down a villain, even if you do see his OG self as over the top or silly (that was RE).
Anyway, Gameplay wise. I was very disappointed by the tossed in B scenario. Capcom. If you didn't have the time to make it properly, you shouldn't have put it in. The first ten minutes are different and aside from a few changed up items, it was largely the same as the A scenario. I think the game would have benefited greatly from a randomiser mode rather than the B mode. It would have kept fans happy while bringing something new to the game. (Hell, Ben Powell's randomizer is the reason I've played it so many times!)
Difficulty wise, the hardcore mode is stupid. I've beaten it a number of times on Hardcore and can get S+ now, but it wasn't enjoyable when I started to try it and I think for a lot of old fans, this was a little jarring. One zombie bite and you're in danger? Not cool. The lack of inventory space and the lack of bullets is superb, but the weird hitboxes and insane damage you take is just a little sad. Not to mention, Standard mode is so incredibly easy in comparison. The spike in difficulty doesn't make much sense.
I also felt some things were rushed in the game. Story-wise. It really seems like if you played through this game having never played an RE game before, you'd have no clue what was happening. Even playing the campaigns back-to-back is jarring and doesn't make much sense. The game really expects you to have played the original, which, while understandable - is still a little lazy.
I didn't think much of the additional content either - Hunk and Tofu were good fun as always but the Ghost Survivors felt like a little bit of a let down. I sort of wanted to see more of these characters, they might as well have done a Revelations style mercenaries with them as it would have been more enjoyable (if they didn't want to give them characters).
The music as well. I know some people jizz over the remake music but it really isn't that great. Super Tyrant theme and Hunk's theme are bomb but the silent noises otherwise aren't great.
All in all, the game is a great little game. It's (somewhat) replayable (get a randomizer) and I'd recommend it to most newbie fans of the series but there are definitely silly mistakes that it makes that affect it's overall likeability. I can totally see why some people have gripes with it.
OH and shooting knees? Fuck that, one pop in the head you good, fam, just run past them bitches.

Reactions: Violence Jack

BlastDoors41

kiwifarms.net
Idk what it was, maybe we played on hard by accident, but the chance for a head shot crit did not come often enough and just scalped zombies without killing them.

Shooting them in the legs just made them crawl up our asses.

Also, the magnum wasn’t any real improvement especially since it wasn’t the insta kill that it was in the OG.

Chin of Campbell

The Coming Chin
kiwifarms.net
Idk what it was, maybe we played on hard by accident, but the chance for a head shot crit did not come often enough and just scalped zombies without killing them.

Shooting them in the legs just made them crawl up our asses.

Also, the magnum wasn’t any real improvement especially since it wasn’t the insta kill that it was in the OG.
What? Magnum is basically a guaranteed kill on headshot, I don't think I ever had a single magnum round not kill a zombie instantly.

Unless you're talking about chest shots, then lol come on.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino