Resident Evil - Hard-on for STARS

Bad_Guys_are_Good4EVER

Put the spoon in my mouth!
kiwifarms.net
I didn't grow up with Resident Evil until i was old enough to buy my own games. But so far, Resident Evil Revelations 2 is by far my favorite. I love the concept behind it, and it scared me at times.

Now, if we are talking about scariest Resident Evil game. I feel that Biohazard is scary, since you can't look around in a 360 degree or see whats up ahead.

Which is why I'm excited for the new game.

Reactions: Cardenio

Ali della Fenice

Tigrotto mafioso
kiwifarms.net
Just played it. Pretty good, I like it! Felt the demo was a little short (Guess that was the point...) but it was enough to show some of the changes. Loved seeing Marvin save Leon's ass, Marvin was a bro even if he had bad trigger discipline and pointed a gun at Leon's head for pretty much no reason.

Music was a big part of my love of this game as mentioned above, so I'm a little sad to see it almost not there at all. I know for modern horror games, silence is often preferred in the design, but I would like to see more use of it here just because I loved it so much in the original. I see Capcom is charging for a DLC that adds the original soundtrack in the game, sigh...

But maybe it would clash with the design of the Remake...I dunno
because you need to be self aware of the enemies position at everytime, since cameras are not fixed.
Music would probably add some distraction to the Whole thing.
I actually saw a video that explained the strenghts and the weakness' of both designs but goddamn I cant find it anymore. I also had some funny cutscenes/memes in it.

I didn't grow up with Resident Evil until i was old enough to buy my own games. But so far, Resident Evil Revelations 2 is by far my favorite. I love the concept behind it, and it scared me at times.

Now, if we are talking about scariest Resident Evil game. I feel that Biohazard is scary, since you can't look around in a 360 degree or see whats up ahead.

Which is why I'm excited for the new game.
but you can look 360 in the re2 remake...

also looking at this, the level of attention to detail they've put in this, looks rather unconsinstent.
Why can zombies trip on corpses but I cant shoot through glass? that just breaks immersion and the glass doesnt even break.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
also looking at this, the level of attention to detail they've put in this, looks rather unconsinstent.
Why can zombies trip on corpses but I cant shoot through glass? that just breaks immersion and the glass doesnt even break.

Looks mostly like the characters themselves (Leon, the zombies, etc) can interact with each other, but the backgrounds are mostly static and can only be changed via scripted events or by player interactions. It's pretty cool though showing the boards on the windows how a player can preempt scripted events however.

Anyway, downloaded the demo, but mostly trying to find a time I can actually appreciate it. Usually only have the energy these days to shitpost and not so much vidya.

Reactions: BlueSpark

Zan

kiwifarms.net
I played RE2 back when it came out in 98 and to this day I still have fun with it. It and RE1 are lots of fun to try speedrunning. RE3 is a game I use to love but coming back there are some issues with it that make the experience a tad less enjoyable for me.

Was a bit cynical about the demo but I ended up enjoying it a lot. They nailed the zombies really well this time too IMO.

Ali della Fenice

Tigrotto mafioso
kiwifarms.net
I know. I was pointing out what made Resident Evil 7 frightening for me. Of course since, Resident Evil 2, is a remake of the original it would have the 360 camera rotation.
You say that but it really wasnt certain before the reveal, which direction they would choose.
Many people were sure it was going to be like the first re remake, so fixed cameras again.
I had hoped for a mix of both, kind of like they did in the resident 4 hookman prototype.

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
I started doing a no save real survivor run of REmake around 1am and made it all the way to the lab where you have to transport the explosive fuel when I fired a grenade and blew myself up, It was about 6 am at that point. I felt like a fucking idiot when I went to bed. REmake seems like the hardest to do a no save run on.
I'm hype for REmake2 and hope they have as many stupid little things like the first did. Hopefully at least one more mode other than 4th Survivor and Tofu will be there at launch maybe more in line with exbattle, RE3 mercenaries or even one of the modes in 7.

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
There is also Mr. X stalking you. There are videos where you can hear his footsteps in the dark hallways.
Best thing is that bullets don't make flinch this time, and explosions only get his attention. They've gone full on fucking Terminator with him this time around and I can't wait.

Wandering the police station was an amazing nostalgia hit. Recognising PS2 rooms and being able to navigate based on teenage memory alone was hilarious.

Fuckoffdad

You'll be where you belong
kiwifarms.net
I started doing a no save real survivor run of REmake around 1am and made it all the way to the lab where you have to transport the explosive fuel when I fired a grenade and blew myself up, It was about 6 am at that point. I felt like a fucking idiot when I went to bed. REmake seems like the hardest to do a no save run on.
I'm hype for REmake2 and hope they have as many stupid little things like the first did. Hopefully at least one more mode other than 4th Survivor and Tofu will be there at launch maybe more in line with exbattle, RE3 mercenaries or even one of the modes in 7.
Personally think RE 0 was more of a pain in the ass to complete a no save run on - found its platinum tougher/more tedious overall.

I've been on blackout for RE2. Haven't looked at gameplay, tried the demo etc just seen a few stills here and there and skimmed a couple articles for difficulty details. Looking forward to it though I would have loved the inclusion of a fixed camera angles mode.. I don't think they included one anyways. At least there's an original music swap option.

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really want it but $60 for eight hours of gameplay is a hard sell.

Tags
None