Resident Evil - Hard-on for STARS

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Man, RE3 Remake looks fucking awesome, I can't wait.

Nah DOA6 went woke because the head developer's a moron who wants DOA to be seen as "serious business" who didn't learn his lesson when DOA5 had to 180 and bring the tits back because it tried to be" super serious" too.

Soul Calibur 6 went full balls to the walls on fanservice and is the third best selling game in a seven game franchise despite woketards bitching about Ivy's tits, turns out much like the RR back in the day SJWs have no real power if you tell them to fuck off or ignore them.

I don't know when western media companies will wake up to this fact but it can't come soon enough.
DOA was just never the same after Itagaki's departure.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Mr.X was over-used in RE2remake to the point where his encounters stopped being tense and just became a chore. Had he been reserved for the B scenarios like in the original the game as a whole would have been far better off.
He only appears during the second half of the police station segment, and a few other times in Leon's campaign.

I don't know, at best he's prominent for about a third of the campaign. That's not close to how much screen time Nemesis has.

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
Mr X was an organic way of telling the player to get a fucking move on, and that they should have had a grasp on the station layout by then. He wasn't dangerous by himself, but made everything that much more stressful with his presence.

Nemesis is, well, a nemesis. Fingers crossed he feels like one as well, rather than just being a more aggressive Tyrant.

Parson Weebs

Plus Ultra (further beyond)
kiwifarms.net
Not sure where to post this, but wanted to say I beat Claire A of RE2make earlier for the first time and am now doing Leon B. Real fun game, very spooky and atmospheric. Loved the plant zombies and the battles with G. That Chief Irons though. And I thought Mr. X was a monster....

Megaroad 2012

I CANT CONTROL MYSELF.
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure DOA6 guy didnt go woke, it was a mistranslation or something that everyone over here jerked off to.

Anyways, rumors have it Resident Evil 8 has been scrapped and rebooted in the middle of last year after three years of production. Considering the way best games in the series had this happen (2, 4), maybe this is for the good.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Not sure where to post this, but wanted to say I beat Claire A of RE2make earlier for the first time and am now doing Leon B. Real fun game, very spooky and atmospheric. Loved the plant zombies and the battles with G. That Chief Irons though. And I thought Mr. X was a monster....
Mr. X is simply a product created to tie up loose ends, he's only doing what he was programmed to do.

Irons, on the other hand, has the free will needed to be evil. He chooses to be a twisted fuck, which is worse than any BOW.

Pretty sure DOA6 guy didnt go woke, it was a mistranslation or something that everyone over here jerked off to.

Anyways, rumors have it Resident Evil 8 has been scrapped and rebooted in the middle of last year after three years of production. Considering the way best games in the series had this happen (2, 4), maybe this is for the good.
I wonder what direction they'll take 8 in. Assuming they keep focusing on survival horror, would it play like 7 or 2 & 3?

Last edited:

Megaroad 2012

I CANT CONTROL MYSELF.
kiwifarms.net
I'm hoping for Remake style over first person. I remember some of early RE8 rumors had it that they were bringing back ideas from scrapped versions of RE4.

I started my marathon of the series to last me until REmake 3 and boy it's a bad start with RE0.

I played through it when it came out and remember liking it, but now it's shocking just how.... ugh it is? My spouse and I realized RE0 is like what happened to Final Fantasy when Tetsuo Nomura got power; has all these MTV style editing in the cutscenes, the story is just bleh, young James Marcus is peak bad Japanese character design and the gameplay gimmick, as neat as I thought it was, is more annoying than anything. The writing is pretty bonkers as well, but it is cool to have more classic Wesker voice actor and scenes with Birkin.

Surprisingly, even the backgrounds (mostly the colors/lightnig and angles) are just questionable, made even more apparently after having played REmake 1 recently which is still a perfect game.

• Agree

ExceptionallyExceptional

I farted in my hazmat suit.
kiwifarms.net
I haven't played a Resident Evil game since Nemesis. They just didn't look as interesting after 3.
"Tribal niggers being mind controlled by parasites!" Fuck off, I want zombies.
"Remember how you watched Ada Wong get shot and fall to her death/had her skull smashed in by Mr. X before the whole place explodes? Yeah, no, she's alive now. Because reasons" Fuck off, you talentless hack.
"Quicktime Events!" GET CANCER AND DIE, FAGGOT!
"Albert Wesker is back, too!" Good lord, get better ideas you worthless fucking Nips.

I just couldn't care anymore, especially after the fucking godawful movies. The movies were so bad they kinda make me wish Resident Evil never existed to be so thoroughly tarnished.

And frankly, I just don't have faith in modern gaming companies to remake the games well. I just dont. Especially not Crapcom. They took one of the original and best survival horror games and turned it into nothing but prototypical 3PS schlock.

Last edited:

Oh Shit I'm Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
Mr. X is simply a product created to tie up loose ends, he's simply doing what he was programmed to do.

Irons, on the other hand, has the free will needed to be evil. He chooses to be a twisted fuck, which is worse than any BOW.

I wonder what direction they'll take 8 in. Assuming they keep focusing on survival horror, would it play like 7 or 2 & 3?
Smart move would be continuing where 7 left off. They've got the REmakes and Revelations for their 3rd-person games.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
"Remember how you watched Ada Wong get shot and fall to her death/had her skull smashed in by Mr. X before the whole place explodes? Yeah, no, she's alive now. Because reasons" Fuck off, you talentless hack.
Nemesis should take some lessions from ada on how to cheat death.

Don't forget Not only would she have to make it out of that fall, and exploding lab, but then make it out of racoon city while still wounded, and dodge/kill Zombies before the place gets nuked.

ExceptionallyExceptional

kiwifarms.net
Nemesis should take some lessions from ada on how to cheat death.

Don't forget Not only would she have to make it out of that fall, and exploding lab, but then make it out of racoon city while still wounded, and dodge/kill Zombies before the place gets nuked.
I've had so mand arguments with idiots about this and they really never give any good arguments. I especiallty love how people say "Do you expect realism from a game with zombies, giant spiders and 8 foot tall undead super assassins?"
Ummm... YES! At least a little, ya know. If we're to accept this whole "We shouldn't expect any realism from a game with pseudoscientific aspects!" then why not just give Leon Kennedy psychic superpowers and the ability to fly and shoot lightning out of his dick if you think realism in a game is completely unimportant.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net

Not quite, the original version of 5 was scrapped and for the worst if you ask me.

It's funny how Capcom keeps doing that with this series though.

I'm hoping for Remake style over first person. I remember some of early RE8 rumors had it that they were bringing back ideas from scrapped versions of RE4.

I started my marathon of the series to last me until REmake 3 and boy it's a bad start with RE0.

I played through it when it came out and remember liking it, but now it's shocking just how.... ugh it is? My spouse and I realized RE0 is like what happened to Final Fantasy when Tetsuo Nomura got power; has all these MTV style editing in the cutscenes, the story is just bleh, young James Marcus is peak bad Japanese character design and the gameplay gimmick, as neat as I thought it was, is more annoying than anything. The writing is pretty bonkers as well, but it is cool to have more classic Wesker voice actor and scenes with Birkin.

Surprisingly, even the backgrounds (mostly the colors/lightnig and angles) are just questionable, made even more apparently after having played REmake 1 recently which is still a perfect game.
Bringing back ideas from scrapped versions of RE4 is what I want to see.

I hope they follow the model of RE2 and RE3 Remakes though, which is probably what they're doing and why the original 8 had to be scrapped, I like RE7 but first person changes the feel a lot, the new remakes feel more like real Resident Evil than the series has felt in a long time.

Maybe the RE7 style doesn't have to be abandoned though but could be used for a Revelations style spinoff? Maybe a remake of Survivor?

I like RE0 a lot and I last played it in 2015, so it isn't just nostalgia talking.

ExceptionallyExceptional

kiwifarms.net
Realism isn't the same as verimislitude, my dude.
I knew there was another word I was looking for, I just couldn't remember it. Either way, bringing back characters you outright showed me die (AND attempted to get an emotional reaction out of me with their death, no less) is cheap shit writing. Why should I care if ANYBODY dies when we've seen with Wong and Wesker that death means fuck all? I can only stretch my suspension of disbelief so far. Even if I can accept zombies, genetically engineered monsters, giant insects and mutant plants, it's a bit much to ask me to overlook a character suffering what should be fatal injuries in a situation that they could never escape from with those injuries.

And the autistic reasoning that "Wesker got her and brought her back!" is shitty as shitty can be. It's like bringing Palpatine back from the dead for the sequels. There is no verisimilitude there because I can see how much of a plot contrivance it was.
"Wesker survived, hur durr! He injected himself with the T virus and somehow escaped the lab going boom." No, fuck off. Let good villains die, you assholes. Don't try to drag them back with these shitty justifications. Plus, how the fuck would he even have knwn where to find her? There's just too many things you need me to accept.

It's literally become a "turn your brain off" game series. Granted it never was a cerebral game, but now I'm actively supposed to "turn my brain off" like some sort of actual fucking zombie to derive any enjoyment from the plot.

• Lunacy
Reactions: ProfDongs

Megaroad 2012

I CANT CONTROL MYSELF.
kiwifarms.net
Not quite, the original version of 5 was scrapped and for the worst if you ask me.
I would like to know more of the og RE5.

Maybe the RE7 style doesn't have to be abandoned though but could be used for a Revelations style spinoff? Maybe a remake of Survivor?
Apparently the next game might not even be a mainline numbered game from what some articles were saying so more FPS is possible.

Some article of interest with tweets from "trusted" sources.

Resident Evil 8

After REmake 3, I guess Capcom wants to reboot a few things using RE Engine so time to get our hopes up for Dino Crisis.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I would like to know more of the og RE5.
I found an article on a Resident Evil fansite once that really went into detail, I don't know how to track it down again though.

But basically originally it was only Chris, no co op, though still the same Africa setting, the merchant would have returned, there would have been a sequence involving a train wreck, one of the levels would have been a shipwreck in the middle of the desert, stuff like that.

I still don't Resident Evil in Africa was a great idea, but it sounds like it would have been a better version of the same basic idea without shitting it up with forced co op.

• Agree

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
I found an article on a Resident Evil fansite once that really went into detail, I don't know how to track it down again though.

But basically originally it was only Chris, no co op, though still the same Africa setting, the merchant would have returned, there would have been a sequence involving a train wreck, one of the levels would have been a shipwreck in the middle of the desert, stuff like that.

I still don't Resident Evil in Africa was a great idea, but it sounds like it would have been a better version of the same basic idea without shitting it up with forced co op.
I think this is what you're talking about.

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
I knew there was another word I was looking for, I just couldn't remember it. Either way, bringing back characters you outright showed me die (AND attempted to get an emotional reaction out of me with their death, no less) is cheap shit writing. Why should I care if ANYBODY dies when we've seen with Wong and Wesker that death means fuck all? I can only stretch my suspension of disbelief so far. Even if I can accept zombies, genetically engineered monsters, giant insects and mutant plants, it's a bit much to ask me to overlook a character suffering what should be fatal injuries in a situation that they could never escape from with those injuries.

And the autistic reasoning that "Wesker got her and brought her back!" is shitty as shitty can be. It's like bringing Palpatine back from the dead for the sequels. There is no verisimilitude there because I can see how much of a plot contrivance it was.
"Wesker survived, hur durr! He injected himself with the T virus and somehow escaped the lab going boom." No, fuck off. Let good villains die, you assholes. Don't try to drag them back with these shitty justifications. Plus, how the fuck would he even have knwn where to find her? There's just too many things you need me to accept.

It's literally become a "turn your brain off" game series. Granted it never was a cerebral game, but now I'm actively supposed to "turn my brain off" like some sort of actual fucking zombie to derive any enjoyment from the plot.
You don't need to blame RE 4 for Ada's survival that seed was planted right away in RE 2 since she gives you the rocket launcher after her "death". Realistically she should have died in the self destruction afterwards but I wouldn't expect them to kill a character off screen in an explosion.

Make of this what you will but both Ada's escape from the city and Wesker's revival and escape from the mansion are in Umbrella chronicles that weird on the rails shooter game that bridges the gap between RE 2/3 and 4. I didn't play it but I know Ada's escape was on her own with some minimal radio support from Wesker or something like that.

Megaroad 2012

I CANT CONTROL MYSELF.
kiwifarms.net
Ada surviving and reappearing at the end of RE2 was great.

How'd she survive? Who cares? It's autistic as fuck how much people over anaylize details in stories like this. If anything, it adds to her character that she isn't just some damsel for Leon to save and she knows what she's doing.

If anything your ranting just comes off as if you don't even know what you're talking about.

Tags
None