Resident Evil - Hard-on for STARS, only $60 for a short experience *Now with spergings over gamer, skirts, and violence against a woman

ExceptionallyExceptional

I farted in my hazmat suit.
kiwifarms.net
Ada surviving and reappearing at the end of RE2 was great.

How'd she survive? Who cares? It's autistic as fuck how much people over anaylize details in stories like this. If anything, it adds to her character that she isn't just some damsel for Leon to save and she knows what she's doing.

If anything your ranting just comes off as if you don't even know what you're talking about.
Just because they're catering to barely functional brains like yours doesn't mean the rest of us need to settle for shit.
"Don't think, just consoom product and get excited for next product."

Kill youself, drone.

Last edited:

Megaroad 2012

I'M SO FUCKED UP.
kiwifarms.net
Just because they're catering to barely functional brains like yours doesn't mean the rest of us need to settle for shit.
Sorry I'm not autistic and lacking in spatial reasoning and imagination to need Capcom to explicitly spell out and visually show every detail about a character whose a spy that can wiggle her way out of any situation.

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
The Ada stuff is weird to get worked up over due it obviously being her giving you the rocket in the original as well as her epilogue in 3 a year later. The games have always been schlock B-Horror stories that generally only work on a self contained level and not so much as a whole, except maybe 1-3 although they have odd inconsistencies. Its a miracle that the dialogue and story written and directed by Japanese speakers for English carried any weight or had any positive reception. 10/10 posts though.

The Ada stuff is weird to get worked up over due it obviously being her giving you the rocket in the original as well as her epilogue in 3 a year later. The games have always been schlock B-Horror stories that generally only work on a self contained level and not so much as a whole, except maybe 1-3 although they have odd inconsistencies. Its a miracle that the dialogue and story written and directed by Japanese speakers for English carried any weight or had any positive reception. 10/10 posts though.

It's a game where a police stations have puzzles to hide keys and a major American city gets completely overrun by zombies whilst somehow the rest of the country is completely unaware it's happening. Really not the type of game to look for plot holes and inconsistencies.

ExceptionallyExceptional

kiwifarms.net
It's a game where a police stations have puzzles to hide keys and a major American city gets completely overrun by zombies whilst somehow the rest of the country is completely unaware it's happening. Really not the type of game to look for plot holes and inconsistencies.
I guess this is true enough. The books were pretty good in explaining that shit, tho. Umbrella was a VERY powerful company with their tendrils in a lot of shit. Raccoon City was their playground, their city. They owned that fucking place and made damn sure once the outbreak happened that nobody outside the city knew a damn thing. Kinda makes sense how they could keep it a secret on some level, but as Claire and Leon coming into the city show they can't truly contain the shit forever hence why they nuked it eventually. It wasn;t even a huge city, either. A population of about 100,000 people. Plus the police station wasn't always a police station. It used to be an art museum designed by a very eccentric architect, the same one who designed the Spencer Mansion. A lot of this was also mentioned in the in-game notes as well.

Fuck I loved the books. I really ought to see if I can't find a copy of the better ones.

Last edited:

ExceptionallyExceptional

kiwifarms.net
You really gonna sit there and get mad over how unrealistic Ada surviving is while a couple games later Chris Redfield literally punches a boulder to death come the fuck on son
You may have missed the part where I said I haven't played the games past 3. So I never saw that. I've read plot synopsis, which were just awful. They raised more questions than they answered.
Okay, lets assume Wesker survived because they for some reason gave him a virus that could turn him into a superhuman if he died. Okay, well... why the fuck are you bothering with the T Virus or the G Virus? Why bother with shit that makes inferior creations when you can start an army of superhumans like Wesker? Why even send Wesker in his human form? If there's a chance the virus will fail to turn him superhuman (the only way he'd actually survive the mansion going boom) why not send someone who's already been turned into a superhuman? They wouldn't risk not reviving right and they'd be much more effective.
It fucking annoys me when even fictional humans act like utter dumbasses. And that all sounds like something a dumbass would do.

Also, Chris punches a boulder apart? Lame.

ExceptionallyExceptional

kiwifarms.net
No, He punches it to move it, WHILE INSIDE A VOLCANO.

I doubt you care to be spoiled to this.
Holy hit that's tarded. Literally the only thing it would have accomplished is shattering every goddamn bone in his fist. Now if they'd had him take a running kick, that might be slightly more plausible. But I guess this is what happens when you absolutely NEED quicktime events everywhere.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Holy hit that's tarded. Literally the only thing it would have accomplished is shattering every goddamn bone in his fist. Now if they'd had him take a running kick, that might be slightly more plausible. But I guess this is what happens when you absolutely NEED quicktime events everywhere.
Yeah 5 took the action elemets of 4 and cranked it up, with 6 somehow doing that again. What if I told you in 6 one of the final bosses is someone who can shape shift not only into a giant quad form, but also a T rex, and a giant fly that sits on a roof.

ExceptionallyExceptional

kiwifarms.net
Yeah 5 took the action elemets of 4 and cranked it up, with 6 somehow doing that again. What if I told you in 6 one of the final bosses is someone who can shape shift not only into a giant quad form, but also a T rex, and a giant fly that sits on a roof.
I'd wonder again why they were ever fucking around with such limited, inferior projects like the Tyrants and Hunters. I think it might just be the case that Resident Evil is just not what it used to be, which was mostly zombies topped off with mutants and manmade monsters for flavor.

Why is it that all zombie franchises eventually end up not being very good? They start great, but slowly devolve into less and less scary shit. Resident Evil was once the epitome of survival horror, but devolved into an actiony shooter game that focused less and less on making you panic in desperation as you try to survive.
Romero's movies also started getting rather bad with shit like Land of the Dead, which I found so absurdly not-scary that I couldn't believe it was made by the same guy who did Night of the Living Dead. The Walking Dead graphic novels became less and less interesting over time.
I guess, like the zombies themselves, it's just really damn hard to keep the concept fresh. Perhaps that's why RE felt the need to move further and further away from traditional zombies and survival horror over time.

Then again, maybe I'm just a jaded, cynical old shit.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
I'd wonder again why they were ever fucking around with such limited, inferior projects like the Tyrants and Hunters. I think it might just be the case that Resident Evil is just not what it used to be, which was mostly zombies topped off with mutants and manmade monsters for flavor.
If you care for the lore reason( I doubt it). They created a new virus(C-Virus) which uses T-Virus as a base Spliced with the T-Veronica, and then later this virus is made stronger by using jake weskers(Yes wesker had a son no one knew about not even him,) Blood.

Mind you this game also has a knock off nemesis. That somehow takes a million times more abuse thn nem did. The Retreading is rather funny.

ExceptionallyExceptional

kiwifarms.net
That all sounds needlessly convoluted.

knock off nemesis
Yeah, I figured they'd eventually try to recapture what made Nemesis great at some point. Nemesis was my all time favorite Tyrant. The relentless way he chases you and often shows up at just the wrong fucking moment even outside of mandatory scripted encounters was absolutely great. Fucker genuinely had my heart racing when that music came up.
I so hope they don't fuck up the remake.

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
Okay, lets assume Wesker survived because they for some reason gave him a virus that could turn him into a superhuman if he died. Okay, well... why the fuck are you bothering with the T Virus or the G Virus? Why bother with shit that makes inferior creations when you can start an army of superhumans like Wesker? Why even send Wesker in his human form? If there's a chance the virus will fail to turn him superhuman (the only way he'd actually survive the mansion going boom) why not send someone who's already been turned into a superhuman? They wouldn't risk not reviving right and they'd be much more effective.
It fucking annoys me when even fictional humans act like utter dumbasses. And that all sounds like something a dumbass would do.
Its been a while so I might be wrong but the Wesker virus wasn't an Umbrella invention it was something that Birkin and Wesker came up with as they planned to defect from the company and pursue their own goals. Birkin became obsessed with finishing G and selling it to the US and Wesker certainly didn't want to share his power with anyone else. I don't remember what if any fail safes the two came up with on the whole revival process.

Why is it that all zombie franchises eventually end up not being very good? They start great, but slowly devolve into less and less scary shit. Resident Evil was once the epitome of survival horror, but devolved into an actiony shooter game that focused less and less on making you panic in desperation as you try to survive.
Romero's movies also started getting rather bad with shit like Land of the Dead, which I found so absurdly not-scary that I couldn't believe it was made by the same guy who did Night of the Living Dead. The Walking Dead graphic novels became less and less interesting over time.
I guess, like the zombies themselves, it's just really damn hard to keep the concept fresh. Perhaps that's why RE felt the need to move further and further away from traditional zombies and survival horror over time.

Then again, maybe I'm just a jaded, cynical old shit.
I think you can argue that the crazier monsters are all due to 20 plus years of continual BOW research with multiple companies and factions working on their own to create new weapons. Zombies in Tyrants were good for the 1990's but just became obsolete over time I guess. 5 touches on it a bit where you go to an old Umbrella facility that an other company has taken over and you find files talking about lickers discussing what they could even do to update them and drawing a blank and declaring it an evolutionary dead end.

I don't think I can blame them for pursuing the action series after 4. 4 was good and people liked it and it was a breath of fresh air after 1,2,3,CV, REmake,0, Outbreak 1&2. They went too far and we ended up with 6 but the important thing is they realized it and walked it back. Even between 5,6,7 they were doing other thing like porting REmake and 0 to newer systems, made Revelations 1 and 2 that were a bit different from the mainline series.

I think that even if it resulted in shit sometimes (a lot of times) I'm glad they tried new things and didn't just end up stagnating. My only disappointment was I never got Outbreak file 3.

Love_Machine011

The Agent of Saint Valentine.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I've just bought re4 for the 11th time,;(switch port) how many times have you guys bought re4?

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
So I've just bought re4 for the 11th time,;(switch port) how many times have you guys bought re4?
Three, one on Gamecube, another on the Xbox 360, and the last on Xbox One (that 60 fps was delightful).

I wouldn't say no to a fourth time if they gave the game the full REmake treatment, Resident Evil 2 was a sublime remake.

Reactions: Love_Machine011

Love_Machine011

The Agent of Saint Valentine.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Three, one on Gamecube, another on the Xbox 360, and the last on Xbox One (that 60 fps was delightful).

I wouldn't say no to a fourth time if they gave the game the full REmake treatment, Resident Evil 2 was a sublime remake.
Twice. Once on PS2 and once on Switch.

Thought about getting it on Wii just for the novelty of it.
I've had
3 GameCube discs
2 ps2 discs
1 Wii
1 PS4
Both pc ports
And now the switch.
So 10 copies...

Maybe I'm just addicted to buying RE4...

Tags
None