Resident Evil - Hard-on for STARS, only $60 for a short experience *Now with spergings over gamer, skirts, and violence against a woman

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how they're gonna handle how much more connected this game is to RE1. It's not a lot but I wonder if they're gonna do stuff like flashbacks, playable sections or something. Otherwise zoomers will have no idea who people like Brad or Barry is.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Good news. Lots of people were able to play the game for a bit and the reaction was positive. Even Resistance seems to be fun although it still needs polishing according to the videos I watched. There are also lots of new gameplay videos.

The graphics, animation & voice acting are apparently very good. The game plays like the old RE3 without tank controls. Racoon city is very similar to the original game but also better & more alive.

Can't wait to play it.

Last edited:

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
There was apparently a lot of competition between the dev teams once the RE3 guys saw what the 2 team were doing with Mr X. They wanted to outdo each other and make the best Tyrant.

Real life imitates Canon?

• Thunk-Provoking

Jeff Gazetti

kiwifarms.net
I’m still pissed cashcom refused to cast Alyson to the game. I mean Leon I’d be ok with anyone because there was never a series long running actor for the character but Claire has always been Loonette.

• Feels
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Keystone

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Another video discussing stuff in the game. The one "interesting" bit of info is how Drain Demos enemies are essentially facehuggers now. If they grab you they'll shove a proboscis down Jill's throat and impregnate her with eggs that you have to use a healing item to make her puke back up; else they hatch and eat her inside out.

There is going to be some seriously cursed art coming out of this one (:_(

• Horrifying
Reactions: Sinners Sandwich

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
Has there been any word on if the alternate path stuff returns? I feel like if they haven't mentioned it then it will get cut like the B-scenarios.

Jeffrey Epstein

kiwifarms.net
The footage looks good, but it's probably from an earlier/unoptimised build. The team is polishing the game up until April release and probably has specific builds that it shows and takes footage from, and also cannot be bothered to show stuff from the updated build. I am sure that the demo will be nice, but perhaps it might be an old version of the game, since they have to carve the demo out of the game, taking some amount of time and effort to do so.

The problems I saw: frame drops, Nemesis bugging with the flamethrower and just holding it there, some wonky animations with the drain deimos etc. Not sure if it is the fact that it's probably an earlier build, but the visual quality in some parts looks less spectacular than RE2; more simplified, less clutter in some places, less detailed looking. I'm sure that will look better in the final release. I doubt that the city environment would tax hardware a ton more, but the RE Engine might not be optimal for such a task and certain elements would need a downgrade. Again, I wouldn't think so, but the engine could use updating if that is the case. I'm willing to bet that this and possibly the demo are just unfinished(duh), and that the team is taking the time until release to ensure it's quality on release.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
Assuming they'll do another remake, would you guys rather see a remake of Code Veronica or a second remake of RE1 with the gameplay engine of the RE2 and RE3 remakes?

Personally, I'd like to see a Code Veronica remake along with a remake of Resident Evil: Survivor bundled with it as a story DLC of sorts.

Resident Evil: Survivor is the only Gun Survivor game that is explicitly canon to the Resident Evil series and is a relatively short game, so you could easily remake it as a side story expansion to a Code Veronica remake, with the first-person view from RE7 working in its favor.

Or alternately, they can focus on RE8 for the next RE game and instead finally bring back Dino Crisis for their next major remake.

Oh Shit I'm Sorry

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
HOO BOY Nemesis can break into safe rooms! :stress:

A violent (formerly) white, straight(?) male can intrude into our safe spaces!
Where is the next Racoon City social justice department?
Whatever idiot made the original claim apparently couldn't distinguish between normal areas and safe rooms so Capcom came out and deconfirmed it: https://www.gamesradar.com/dont-worry-resident-evil-3-safe-rooms-are-safe-confirm-capcom/

Still holding out hope for a mode where this is actually the case but for now it's still the same as 2.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
Assuming they'll do another remake, would you guys rather see a remake of Code Veronica or a second remake of RE1 with the gameplay engine of the RE2 and RE3 remakes?

Personally, I'd like to see a Code Veronica remake along with a remake of Resident Evil: Survivor bundled with it as a story DLC of sorts.

Resident Evil: Survivor is the only Gun Survivor game that is explicitly canon to the Resident Evil series and is a relatively short game, so you could easily remake it as a side story expansion to a Code Veronica remake, with the first-person view from RE7 working in its favor.

Or alternately, they can focus on RE8 for the next RE game and instead finally bring back Dino Crisis for their next major remake.
I personally would like another Revelations. 2 was kind of a mess cause of the exceptional episodic release, but the first one I consider second only to 4 in terms of the action hero Resident Evils.

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
Personally, I would love to see RE3's version of The Mercenaries make a comeback in the remake, but apparently they're going to focus on this Resident Evil: Resistance bullshit instead.

Who knows, maybe they might have it come back as DLC at a later date, sort of like how they did with Ghost Survivors in the RE2 remake.

Of course, they would have to include Mikhail, Carlos, and Nikolai as playable characters, each one with a loadout close to the ones they had in the original RE3.

Hell, I'd even allow the minor UBCS characters of Murphy Seeker and Tyrell Patrick as playable characters in a remake of RE3's Mercenaries mode. Not sure what their loadouts would be, but I'm thinking one of them should have a grenade launcher as their sole weapon, but they can pick up multiple types of ammo from rescuing survivors.

As it is, if the trailers for the RE3 remake are anything to go by, it looks like the minor characters like Brad Vickers, Murphy Seeker, and Tyrell Patrick might have a somewhat more expanded role in the remake than in the original.

Reactions: I Love Beef

wholetthegodsout

kiwifarms.net

If RE3 sells as well as 2 did im pretty sure we will get another remake. I would say do Code Veronica and leave the original game alone for now (Remake still holds up).

Honestly they wont be able to resist remaking RE4 either. Probably in 2024 for the 20 year anniversary.

Medafag

From Furfag to Waluigifag
kiwifarms.net
I have conflicting feelings towards Nemesis' new design, on one hand, it is good since it is accurate lore-wise, Nemesis is supposed to be an improved version of the Tyrant T-103, so it makes sense he looks similar to the new Mr X

However, i can't say i like it, but, i've noticed something in most gameplay videos i've seen so far, it seems at one point you fight Nemesis in a rooftop, while he uses a flamethrower, at one point of the flamethrower blows up, covering Nemesis in flames for the rest of the fight, i have the feeling when Nemesis shows up again after that fight, the burns on his face and the rest of his body will give him an appearance closer to his classic look

Let's see what happens in the future

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
If RE3 sells as well as 2 did im pretty sure we will get another remake. I would say do Code Veronica and leave the original game alone for now (Remake still holds up).

Honestly they wont be able to resist remaking RE4 either. Probably in 2024 for the 20 year anniversary.
The fact that resident evil 4 turns 20 in four years made me feel old..I've gone and depressed myself 😒

In other news ..the demo drops soon but I hope the game's sales aren't hurt by this Corona virus outbreak...and not just because of the shutdowns of major cities and bussiniess but also..yeah who needs video games when there's a viral apocalypse going on outside?

Tags
None